You'll Believe a Man can Lounge

So....in other news, Star Wars is having a new film every year from 2015.

Last edited:
if they turn out to be awesome then I'm all for it

Me too. I just hope the spinoff movies feel different than than the main franchise and they do some unique things and flesh out the universe.

So....in other news, Star Wars is having a new film every year from 2015.

Every year? Oh boy. :doh: 5 years from now people will look back and say they miss Lucas and curse the day when he sold everything to Disney...I think I already do. :oldrazz:

Every year? Oh boy. :doh: 5 years from now people will look back and say they miss Lucas and curse the day when he sold everything to Disney...I think I already do. :oldrazz:

Jamie's post on thinkmyflythink.com expresses the exact same opinion. I have to agree as well. Annual releases will destroy Star Wars' status as event films. Even if they are good movies, which is rare when you produce so much content so quickly (see the Call of Duty series), they will lose a lot of their magic.

I don't know guys...I'm looking forward to getting more Star Wars. I wish they would go back to puppet Yoda. cgi Yoda looks like ****

Jamie's post on thinkmyflythink.com expresses the exact same opinion. I have to agree as well. Annual releases will destroy Star Wars' status as event films. Even if they are good movies, which is rare when you produce so much content so quickly (see the Call of Duty series), they will lose a lot of their magic.

This, absolutely this. :up: Exactly what I had in mind when I wrote the post.

I don't know guys...I'm looking forward to getting more Star Wars. I wish they would go back to puppet Yoda. cgi Yoda looks like ****
More is not always better though. Increased quantity often comes at the cost of decreased quality. Would you rather have a great trilogy of Star Wars films in a nine year period or 9 mediocre Star Wars films in that time? Also, you can get sick of things you love. My favourite food is Prime Rib and I have it every year for my birthday, but I get pretty tired of it by the fourth day of leftovers each time.

Since I don't want to be spamming these boards I love coming to :woot: I'm posting this here? And I consider you all friends so I know you'll be honest with me :hehe:. With all this talk of Young Adult books and whatnot I would really, REALLY like go gauge some of you guys' opinions. I've been working on a fantasy trilogy for almost a decade (STILL trying to land a literary agent :hehe:) and...well, here's the synopsis. It's called Mathion: Book One of the Legacy of the Wolven Trilogy

When it is discovered by the Werewolves of Kânavad that the Wolven prince Mathion, heir to the High Throne of Ánovén, possesses an ancient artifact of immense power, a sequence of events is set in motion that will force Mathion to choose between his uncompromising honor and a millennia-spanning conflict, the tides of which could change with Mathion's next decision. Here allows must be kept as close as possible, and one false move could condemn everything they hold dear, for the power that Mathion unwittingly wields could hold the key to their salvation or destroy them all. Bear witness to the epic beginnings of werewolf folklore and Atlantis mythology, as the grand tragedy of an ancient civilization's cataclysmic end is told in a bold new way, unfolding in an age before shapeshifters and monsters needed the darkness.

I have my own thread in Books & Music too, just so you know :hehe:

More is not always better though. Increased quantity often comes at the cost of decreased quality. Would you rather have a great trilogy of Star Wars films in a nine year period or 9 mediocre Star Wars films in that time? Also, you can get sick of things you love. My favourite food is Prime Rib and I have it every year for my birthday, but I get pretty tired of it by the fourth day of leftovers each time.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

You know that spine-tingling allure you get whenever you see the Lucasfilm logo, since it's typically only seen on the big screen many years, even decades, apart? That's over.

Honestly, I think i'd always take puppets over full cgi characters.

That's why I loved Where the Wild Things Are so much. :)

I am not ashamed to admit that (due to lingering mental issues from childhood I suppose) those creatures freaked the crap out of me hahaha

8aSUopb.gif

Totally unrelated to Superman.. And totally related to me being ever so slightly a bit attention ****eish.....

Facebook users (yes I know they do exist)
I entered a design into a roller derby t-shirt design comp via face book, currently my design sits in second place (which lets be honest isn't as good as first place).. So if any of you kind souls use facebook and have a few seconds to spare click on https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tn...69423367850.1073741826.195250383869757&type=1 and vote for (what you consider to be) the best design... And if that design happens to be the black/grey one with the giant roller derby girl looming over a city (designed by Ade) them i'd be very grateful :D

On topic related stuff, A star Wars film every year? Sound slike they'll be rushing stuff and basically ruining the franchise while milking every penny out of it.

On Superman related stuff, there is a starnge amount of Superman related buzz at my workplace... Which is a complete change to when returns was looming when no-one gave a crap about a new Superman movie... Ahhhhh, the power of a truly great trailer :)

ps Vote!

I am not ashamed to admit that (due to lingering mental issues from childhood I suppose) those creatures freaked the crap out of me hahaha

:funny: Yeah, they definitely were creepy. But I think that's why I loved them. Brought me back to the way kids films where when I was growing up - Return to OZ (The Wheelers), Dark Crystal, Labyrinth and even Never Ending Story to some extend where extra effective because they WEREN'T CGI.

I will be so utterly devestated if they ever try to remake those movies in CGI. It was just totally ruin the magic for me :(

Kneel before Ozz! [YT]wVfUimq2KeI[/YT] The first single from the new Black Sabbath album.

Whiskey and tacos with my friend's family tonight. Gonna try to sway him and his girl about MoS tonight, his two year old daughter isn't a prospect though- :p

So....the NBA playoffs start today. Lets go Celtics!

Who else has a bad feeling about some of the movies coming out this year?

Mine? 300: Rise of the Empire and Kick-Ass 2. I just can't see them matching up to the originals, and it doesn't help that both films are being directed by newer directors. That's hard to gauge..

Especially Kick-Ass 2 which does look cheaper than the original. I just don't this new director 'gets' the original film. As violent as it was, it had an emotional core. Twisted but it was there. I think the guy only gets 'action scenes'. What's saving it for me is Jim Carrey.

I don't know anybody looking forward to 300, the images I've seen so far haven't given me one ounce of excitment. Kick-Ass 2 has potential but I do have a bad feeling, especially with Jeff Wadlow directing.

Other Summer stinkers... R.I.P.D., After Earth and WWZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"