The Force Awakens Young Female Lead?

No it wouldn't be blasphemous though I would like to see Luke in a supporting role. I also hope that they keep the warmth and 'oh shucks' personality intact. Or carry a certain charm and humor that OT Obi and Yoda had. The thing that I hated about the prequels was how stoic the Jedi were; despite Obi being a 'rebel' of the group, it's not enough. Hopefully old Luke will feel the same as the Luke from the OT but older and wiser.

Definitely. Luke would make a good Jedi leader. The friendly monk type. The Jedi in the prequel trilogy come off more like the Vatican.

I have to say, while the EU does have some good ideas and characters, I always viewed it more as glorified fanfiction.

I guess I'm the only one whose excitement for Ep7 Luke stems from the very fact that the PT Jedi were a-holes, and Luke showed promise that he'd set things right and create a new fresh Jedi Order, not saddled with arrogance and dogmatic tradition.

If height is the issue, then look no further than how Hollywood makes Cruise work. But I reckon it shouldn't be a factor for a SW character. Anna is one of the best young actresses working right now. And she oozes charisma. She's just have to get rid of her inherent goofiness, depending on the needs of the character she'd have to play, of course.

She also comes across as very confident girl, I can actually picture her in a lead role like this quite easily. Probably wouldn't be everyone's first choice but you'll struggle to find anyone say she wouldn't be up to it.

Indeed. Now I want this to happen.:cmad:

I guess I'm the only one whose excitement for Ep7 Luke stems from the very fact that the PT Jedi were a-holes, and Luke showed promise that he'd set things right and create a new fresh Jedi Order, not saddled with arrogance and dogmatic tradition.

I want to watch Luke build his New Jedi Order personally, and show why he succeeded where the others failed. Perhaps that is something they could do with the solo/standalone films.

If they are going with the kids, I really, really hope they use Anakin, Jania, Jacen and Ben. They have so much potential. No need to create brand new characters.

Is it blasphemy to want a protagonist who isn't related to Luke? Him being in the movie would be fine (great, even) but I'd be curious to see them do something new with the protagonist.

Star Wars, the main film series, is about the Skywalker family. It has been since its inception. I would hope they wouldn't change that, especially with standalone films being there to tackle other characters.

Last edited:
If they indeed want to use the Solo kids and Ben, I hope they retcon the EU, especially [BLACKOUT]Anakin's death[/BLACKOUT] and Jacen being a terribly written c**t.

If they indeed want to use the Solo kids and Ben, I hope they retcon the EU, especially [BLACKOUT]Anakin's death[/BLACKOUT] and Jacen being a terribly written c**t.

I doubt they would follow the EU storyline for each particular character and I hope they wouldn't. Anakin as the next great Jedi, his Uncle's protege, was the dream. :csad:

You all also watch Rocket Science with Anna. She was amazing.

Here is a nice little Update:

Screw it... I'm hearing that since guys are going to see STAR TREK EP VII anyways, the lead role is going to be A WOMAN. Not sure how old...

— Jeff Sneider (@TheInSneider) May 10, 2013

That's the hot RUMOR right now anyways. Obviously there will be male leads, but what better way to ensure females flock to theaters...

— Jeff Sneider (@TheInSneider) May 10, 2013

I think Jeff meant STAR WARS EP VII. :cwink:

If there's a young female lead, I would love Elle Fanning, as she was fantastic under Abrams in Super 8.

She also passes a resemblance to Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher.

If there's a young female lead, I would love Elle Fanning, as she was fantastic under Abrams in Super 8.

She was terrific, but a bit young. She would suit being the granddaughter of either Luke or Leia, if they go that route.

That could definitely be pretty awesome. There are a good number of young potential actresses as well. :)

Have people forgotten about (sob) poor Dakota already? :(

Personally, I think Dakota is more appropriate age-wise than her equally talented sister. But I would rather get someone who is in their mid to late 20's..or even early 30's. Like Elizabeth Olsen or Emily Blunt. Still very young but a woman, not a girl. There's a certain toughness and vulnerability in Blunt and Olsen that I like. Also, Rooney Mara. Hell even her underrated sister too.

The toughness part is key, which is something that Leia and Han both have. And their hidden vulnerability that they try to hide from people.

Last edited:
Another suggestion: Brie Marling. She has a mysterious persona that I like.

I think I'm put off by Dakota because of her recent choices. I'm still learning to like Tom Cruise after War of the Worlds. Dakota doing Twilight films ain't helping. She is extremely talented, though.

I think I'm put off by Dakota because of her recent choices. I'm still learning to like Tom Cruise after War of the Worlds. Dakota doing Twilight films ain't helping. She is extremely talented, though.

I have a theory that Dakota is of age right now, what..19, where she's comfortable where's she's at. For now.

She's rich, so she's well off.. and she probably still loves acting but maybe is just tired of the business itself. So right now, she's pretty much acting when she can just to pay the bills, and hopefully she'll find a role in her 20's that can ignite her fire again.

Even JGL went through the same phase where he was finding himself and his career. He went to college during Dakota's age and found a new lease in acting with his indie movies. Maybe she is thinking about her future or even college at this point.

But JGL never signed on to a film that would have him say "Who are they, dad? Are they terrorists? Are they European?"

In all seriousness, either Fanning sis would be fine with me. I'm very excited with the possibility of a strong female lead. Cinema desperately needs one.

I could see Emma Watson in a Star Wars Movie. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"