The Force Awakens Young Female Lead?

Well I named her in the Jaina thread, might as well do it here too since Jaina probably won't happen.

Jane Levy
00002_zps5a3e47c9.jpg

Last edited:
I hope they consider her.

She's at the right age too.

Whatever they do in this movie I want unknown actors, like in the OT.

Is she the older sister from the Narnia series? Wow. She's... she's gotten... big.

Jane Levy has the looks more than that other girl...to have played Mary Jane Watson. I wonder if she ever got a consideration...

Elle Fanning is a good actress, as is Elizabeth Olsen. It's hard to be particular at all in casting as I don't know any of the details for a hypothetical lead character. I don't really think of great acting when I think of Star Wars anyway to be perfectly honest. lol

Jane Levy has the looks more than that other girl...to have played Mary Jane Watson. I wonder if she ever got a consideration...

I hate to sound shallow but when I look at Shailene Woodley being cast as Mary Jane all I can think is "not hot enough".

I felt the same way about the last girl cast in the part too. :oldrazz:

I'm all for a female lead as long as they don't make her weak and dependant on a male sidekick, OR present a male sidekick who is really weak (or both like in the Hunger Games :down: )

I hate to sound shallow but when I look at Shailene Woodley being cast as Mary Jane all I can think is "not hot enough".

I felt the same way about the last girl cast in the part too. :oldrazz:

Woodley is a great actress and she's actually very pretty, but her red dye job looks weird. She doesn't have the looks of a red head.

Yeah, Levy would've been good but at the time of Amazing Spidey 2's casting, Levy was still just a TV star while Woodley was in an Oscar nominated film and got buzz from that. Woodley had the advantage. All of a sudden, after Evil Dead, Levy has grown rapidly in popularity.

To be honest,I'd rather see Luke hand "Excalibur" over to a male apprentice.I hope he has many students at this point,but I hope the "lead" will be a male.

I'm pretty sure if they go for a female Luke or Anakin the overall number of men will outnumber the number of women in the story.

Star Wars cinematic universe is also missing a solid female villain as well.

To be honest,I'd rather see Luke hand "Excalibur" over to a male apprentice.I hope he has many students at this point,but I hope the "lead" will be a male.

Why? You already have male leads in the six previous Star Wars films, not to mention the vast majority of films in general. Why can't this one be a female lead?

I don't see why that's so important. I have no issue with a female being the lead. I welcome it. It would be a refreshing change.

Why? You already have male leads in the six previous Star Wars films, not to mention the vast majority of films in general. Why can't this one be a female lead?

Precisely.

Male leads are becoming quite tiring.

Besides, some of the best characters in the franchise are female (Bastila, Mara.)

I don't know,but it'll just feel weird to me.Maybe because the focus has been on the male Master & apprentice for so long.Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan,Obi-Wan & Anakin,Obi-Wan & Luke.It just feels like the natural progression would be for Luke to hand the Skywalker legacy to another male.

Now that's not saying that I don't want to see a lead female Jedi in the film or even a film centered on a female Jedi eventually.But,I think Luke's successor should be male.

Dude it's 2013, the lead doesn't need to be a male for any significant reason.

And yes, Jane for lead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"