Animation Young Justice Cartoon - Part 10

Wait, Netflix championed the hype for a season 3...and they don't even get the show?

Wait, Netflix championed the hype for a season 3...and they don't even get the show?

It still reflects well on Netflix that a dead series was streamed so heavily on its platform that it got revived years after the fact.

I am kind of scared by all of this. CWseed brings us 5min series of Vixen, will this still be 22-30mins? At least 10-13 episodes? And hte Outsiders subtitle makes me think we will be in for another major roster change which I hope isnt true. I want the OG cast+Wonder Girl/Blue Beetle/Batgirl to stay on.

Well so no one is going to be watching these shows. :doh:

Netflix didn't officially champion anything. WB saw how well it did and the demand and decided to do something with it. Netflix never made official mentions about it and it was never confirmed the show would be going to Netflix.

This is a case of everyone assuming things without actually looking at the evidence. I predicted WB and DC would start their own channel the moment they bought Machinima and made deals with AT&T.

Considering the majority of TV I watch currently is DC television, being able to access it all in one place would be worth it alone if I they do that.

Netflix didn't officially champion anything. WB saw how well it did and the demand and decided to do something with it. Netflix never made official mentions about it and it was never confirmed the show would be going to Netflix.

This is a case of everyone assuming things without actually looking at the evidence. I predicted WB and DC would start their own channel the moment they bought Machinima and made deals with AT&T.

what this guy said

Sounds good to me, as long as Blue Beetle stays a prominent character and Wonder Girl gets more focus since I quite like her!

Also the whole meta human trafficking storyline sounds so awesome yet dark! I like it! It'll lead to cameos galore!

Well so no one is going to be watching these shows. :doh:

draft_Board.jpg

"Well now, I wouldn't say that..."

For WB/DC, launching a dedicated platform is a good idea especially when they've been screwed over by places like Cartoon Network.

I wonder if we might see archive DC stuff along with new content.
It makes sense for them to launch a streaming service, and Warner as a company has plenty of content to put up their between TV shows, cartoons and movies, but I don't think it's a service that I'll just stay subscribed to for months on end like Netflix or Hulu. I'll pay for a month, binge the 2 shows they announced, and then leave until something else comes along.

That out of the way, at least the show isn't on Cartoon Network.

Yeah, we don't need CN's crap again.

On a related note, IIRC the first 2 seasons partly relied on merchandising. That was one of the reasons why it was cancelled the first time, because the action figures weren't selling well enough. Will there be more toys this time around, and would buying them regularly work to support the show's continued existence?

This is awesome! Hopefully this new streaming service can rescue Justice League Action as well. And hopefully they put all past DC animated films and shows on it.

Yeah, we don't need CN's crap again.

On a related note, IIRC the first 2 seasons partly relied on merchandising. That was one of the reasons why it was cancelled the first time, because the action figures weren't selling well enough. Will there be more toys this time around, and would buying them regularly work to support the show's continued existence?

This ended up being really falsified due to poor sales in toys, it wasn't cancelled at all for that reason, and cancelled that cartoon network wanted to get away from "violent" programming, hence why green lantern:tas, (cartoon networks #2 and #3 shows) were replaced with Teen Titans: Go (which has almost zero fighting.)

It was a philosophy change at there head office, which I can understand since there was a big push for a while there for it to be a kids channel that doesn't incite violence.

This ended up being really falsified due to poor sales in toys, it wasn't cancelled at all for that reason, and cancelled that cartoon network wanted to get away from "violent" programming, hence why green lantern:tas, (cartoon networks #2 and #3 shows) were replaced with Teen Titans: Go (which has almost zero fighting.)

It was a philosophy change at there head office, which I can understand since there was a big push for a while there for it to be a kids channel that doesn't incite violence.

So instead they replace it with cartoons focused on stoner humor... and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwBeK6S0u8Q

:huh: There's plenty of violence, though. https://youtu.be/qyrf8lVbn0Q

Greg Weisman himself says it's because of toy sales.

Also, though YJ did great when the pilot aired and in the last few episodes, it wasn't anywhere close to CN's #1 show and GL:TAS definitely wasn't either.

Considering the majority of TV I watch currently is DC television, being able to access it all in one place would be worth it alone if I they do that.

That would be great! Espacially if they include the Dcau movies as well.

It makes sense for them to launch a streaming service, and Warner as a company has plenty of content to put up their between TV shows, cartoons and movies, but I don't think it's a service that I'll just stay subscribed to for months on end like Netflix or Hulu. I'll pay for a month, binge the 2 shows they announced, and then leave until something else comes along.

I think that's what a lot of people intend to do and that's why they probably are going to release the episodes weekly. Netflix has tons of original content so they can afford to drop a serie in one day. But Titans will be the only new live action show we'll be getting through the service so they probably will make it last.

Greg Weisman himself says it's because of toy sales.

Also, though YJ did great when the pilot aired and in the last few episodes, it wasn't anywhere close to CN's #1 show and GL:TAS definitely wasn't either.

Well, I guess sort of - if the Toy Sales were there it helps with the producing of the episodes making it more cost effective for a network to have it.

However, cartoon network had complete intention to drop it and I think getting another network to flip that bill would have had to be subsidized by toy costs.

Sorry to bump this with no news but I'm hoping that Static has a big role this season. I wish it was him that was getting a CW show instead of Black Lighting. I'm still excited for the show based off of the trailer though.

It'd be nice to see him deeper into the squad, but honestly, there's so many awesome characters, I wouldn't be too hurt if all he got was one focus episode.

And if Black Lightning has any sanity, Static will be a part of season 2.

Young Justice is coming to SDCC:

10:00–11:00 a.m. Young Justice Q&A — Young Justice is back! Do not miss the show’s triumphant return to Comic-Con as series producers Greg Weisman, Brandon Vietti and key members of the creative team, including art director Phil Bourassa, will be on hand to answer your burning questions about the first two seasons of this beloved fan-favorite series and, if you’re lucky, you might learn a thing or two about the highly anticipated Young Justice: Outsiders. Room 6BCF

http://comiccon.thewb.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"