Young Justice Cartoon - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it since they would still have the rights to it. Just no future incarnation. If DC loses the rights to Superman they still have the rights to his cartoon and movies and past comics.

True. Although as I said, Warner Home Video has never bothered to put "STATIC SHOCK" on DVD. If memory serves the only official release was a soccer mom disc with the first 3-6 episodes circa 2003-2004, which is probably out of print by now.

Still, as I said, this ruling shouldn't effect "YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION" as those episodes were produced long before it. It simply prevents future use.

Certain characters also require DC share in profits based on them. Black Lightening was one such example, which is why he's rarely appeared in other mediums. Marvel has a similar deal with the Malibu characters they own but do nothing with. The universe would shatter into ashes if a major corporation couldn't get 100% of all profits based on something, after all.

Babs is batgirl in this and comics at the moment. But Stephanie is such a beloved character that people got excited seeing her.

Before DC rebooted though we went through 3 batgirls. Stephanie being the last one. But now DC wants all of their characters to be the most notable ones that the public know. Thus Stephanie Brown has been erased from NU-DC-52. they don't want any newer characters taking the lime light and feelings of the fans.

Okay, cool. So who was Stephanie Brown in that episode then since her name appeared in the credits? Yeah I remember here as Batgirl in the comics, but just wasn't sure how she tied into this series or what exactly people were talking about. Thought it was a code or something for seeing the missed episode on itunes.

Okay, so if it was the Milestone Comics licensing as the issue for the episode not airing would that explain why at first we saw static shock using his powers in the commercials and promos, but he didn't use them at all in the episode?

Am I the only one that saw that? It looked like the black kid with dreads was shooting electricity in the promos, but then it didn't happen in the episode and kept cutting to him in a weird way for no reason.

Normally, I hate to fuel conspiracy theories, but I just received the newest issue of the YJ tie-in comic. Icon, who was shown in the front cover, was removed in the final version.

That looks like they just needed some space on the cover...

Okay, cool. So who was Stephanie Brown in that episode then since her name appeared in the credits? Yeah I remember here as Batgirl in the comics, but just wasn't sure how she tied into this series or what exactly people were talking about. Thought it was a code or something for seeing the missed episode on itunes.

Okay, so if it was the Milestone Comics licensing as the issue for the episode not airing would that explain why at first we saw static shock using his powers in the commercials and promos, but he didn't use them at all in the episode?

Am I the only one that saw that? It looked like the black kid with dreads was shooting electricity in the promos, but then it didn't happen in the episode and kept cutting to him in a weird way for no reason.

Yes she is in this episode. She is the blonde who has some lines.

And they show parts from other episodes in promos so Static showing his powers was probably the next episode.

Yes, this and last issue have been excellent. I'm really enjoying the Brainiac storyline, and I hope the series itself has a similar or even bigger scope invasion.

I like the direction too, way better than some of the beginning comics, it seems to actually have a story.

It's just hard to read with all the time jumps :(, I find myself going back and trying to find out how they all play together.

I really have a problem when the team is in civies but then you have wonder girl and Dinah around who don't even have secret ids

I really have a problem when the team is in civies but then you have wonder girl and Dinah around who don't even have secret ids

Or Superboy, who is apparently like Batman a "myth" nobody knows exists. :o

Something in my gut tells me that CN is killing DC Nation and cancelling all the shows.

Wouldn't be the first time CN network did this.

Something in my gut tells me CN is an incompetent, inept network and has been for years, at best.

Disney XD treats its Marvel shows better, in contrast.

Just saying, CN has a track record here. Sym-Bionic Titan. Generator Rex. Thundercats. Not the first time.

Something in my gut tells me that CN is killing DC Nation and cancelling all the shows.

Wouldn't be the first time CN network did this.

Seems like quite a large assumption, especially the cancellation of shows not even aired yet. They're going to air them at some point, even if they do it without the block.

Then again, CN is known to **** up things at the last minute, so who knows.

GamerSlyRatchet,

Cartoon Network cancelled Generator Rex and pulled the rest of the episodes that had not yet aired yet even though they were finished. The final episodes of the show never made it to air.

GamerSlyRatchet,

Cartoon Network cancelled Generator Rex and pulled the rest of the episodes that had not yet aired yet even though they were finished. The final episodes of the show never made it to air.

I was referring more to the upcoming shows Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go! when I mentioned that. Not even CN is stupid enough to cancel a show so late in production, and they'll have to air a large amount of episodes once they're ready.

Also, isn't what happened with Generator Rex more like the exception than the rule? CN does usually finish off the episodes, even if they're thrown at really bad times.

I was referring more to the upcoming shows Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go! when I mentioned that. Not even CN is stupid enough to cancel a show so late in production, and they'll have to air a large amount of episodes once they're ready.

Also, isn't what happened with Generator Rex more like the exception than the rule? CN does usually finish off the episodes, even if they're thrown at really bad times.

I'm not sure if they finished them but also Sym-Bionic Titan.

It could be nothing but Bleeding Cool reported that CN is not pleased with Beware the Batman.

I'm not sure if they finished them but also Sym-Bionic Titan.

That one got to finish, at least. It was cancelled for a very stupid reason, since they made NO attempts to make a toyline and common, you mean to tell a GIANT ROBOT AND MONSTER SERIES had difficulties with toys? :cmad:

It could be nothing but Bleeding Cool reported that CN is not pleased with Beware the Batman.

I wish they elaborated on what aspect they weren't pleased with. According to that unsourced post on BleedingCool, though, CN hated Brave and the Bold, but continued it because it was successful.

If CN really did hated the show, though, then it's probably going to be great. :oldrazz:

Why does CN do this? Cartoons that have a fanbase and get positive reviews get scrapped because what? Like VileOne said, it is more than just Young Justice. Why are all of these shows never renewed for further seasons and left floating around in limbo? I just don't understand. At least officially cancel shows. CN needs to stop wasting time (not just the time of the fans, but time for the network itself as well as, more importantly, the people who work on these shows).

That one got to finish, at least. It was cancelled for a very stupid reason, since they made NO attempts to make a toyline and common, you mean to tell a GIANT ROBOT AND MONSTER SERIES had difficulties with toys? :cmad:

I wish they elaborated on what aspect they weren't pleased with. According to that unsourced post on BleedingCool, though, CN hated Brave and the Bold, but continued it because it was successful.

If CN really did hated the show, though, then it's probably going to be great. :oldrazz:
Keep in mind GamerSlyRatchet, Brave and the Bold had toys and LOTS of them. And it was a Batman toyline.

Brave and the Bold was a great cartoon and Batman cartoon. How can a tv station hate a show the put on the air? Why because it is successful? Because more people are tuning into that show and then turning away when it's over?:huh::huh::huh: That just doesn't make sense if it is true. Cartoon Network greenlights a show only for them to limit it's run with no regards to how successful it may be? I'm so glad that the last episode of Brave and Bold stuck it to fans and critics, basically saying hey get over yourselves and enjoy what is being offered.

Because at the end of the day, these networks are run by people. And here we are.

So, just read that CN also isn't happy with a JL project that hasn't been talked about. They're going to be sorry if they don't choose to go forward with a JL series by 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"