Young Storm

So like I said...they heard us ***** and moan and they put it back in:o

So like I said...they heard us ***** and moan and they put it back in:o

I highly doubt a few fans on a message board have enough power to influence what we see on the big screen.

Either Donner was saying it had been removed to surprise fans when they actually see it, or the interview was old and things have changed like hitflix suggest.

lol this all reminds me of that epic thread we had like 1 month before X3, when a huge mod from here said "Who do you love? I'm hearing the movie is 2 hours" or something like that and we all got so excited.

It makes sense to put Storm back in to the movie. She's really important to the Plot, indirectly.

Does anyone else see the sudden release of new images and TV spots as hasty 'damage control' after the outcry over Shuler Donner's comments about the running time and the axing of the Storm cameo?

Does anyone else see the sudden release of new images and TV spots as hasty 'damage control' after the outcry over Shuler Donner's comments about the running time and the axing of the Storm cameo?

Yes, I think that's entirely possible.

Yup. That's exactly what I thought when I saw them pop-up.

I disagree.

The TV spots will have no doubt been planned in advance as they have been made to advertise to the public not to please fans complaining about running time on message boards. The only reason Hugh Jackman attached a new image to his email to AICN was due to the negative re-shooting business being reported on nearly every movie site/blog. While a few people moaning on a message board can cause a few negative vibes, it really is insignificant and wouldn't cause Fox to sweat enough to start 'damage control'.

Last edited:
the Ororo footage must be included with an Unrated version

I disagree.

The TV spots will have no doubt been planned in advance as they have been made to advertise to the public not to please fans complaining about running time on message boards. The only reason Hugh Jackman attached a new image to his email to AICN was due to the negative re-shooting business being reported on nearly every movie site/blog. While a few people moaning on a message board can cause a few negative vibes, it really is insignificant and wouldn't cause Fox to sweat enough to start 'damage control'.

I don't think the TV spots are damage control, but I think the four promotional photos could have been.

I just wanna see a shot of Storm in the third tv spot! Just to maybe confirm that she's possibly back in? We know they'll show Cyclops and probably Emma too. I really hope she makes it :(

lol this all reminds me of that epic thread we had like 1 month before X3, when a huge mod from here said "Who do you love? I'm hearing the movie is 2 hours" or something like that and we all got so excited.
HAHA yeah:csad: They even reported it on the front page:csad::csad::csad:

im guessing storms cameo might go over alot of peoples heads, as i doubt she will talk or even use her powers, it looks to be a brief look cameo

im guessing storms cameo might go over alot of peoples heads, as i doubt she will talk or even use her powers, it looks to be a brief look cameo

I think if her powers were subtly used, like say she she is distressed and it starts to trickle a little, that would suffice. But yeah, gratuitous showcasing of powers would kill the film.

I think if her powers were subtly used, like say she she is distressed and it starts to trickle a little, that would suffice. But yeah, gratuitous showcasing of powers would kill the film.

I kind of imagined that lightening they show in that group shot of Weapon X in the trailer was being caused by baby Ororo.

I highly doubt a few fans on a message board have enough power to influence what we see on the big screen.

Either Donner was saying it had been removed to surprise fans when they actually see it, or the interview was old and things have changed like hitflix suggest.
This wasn't a few fans...this was a lot of fans and it caught the attention of many movies sites as someone posted a link to a story earlier.

I heard Patrick Stewart is in this too...
Logan meets Ian McKellen in Germany...
HE then goes to New York and meets Jubilee
Then to Japan and meets Sunfire
Then to Germany and Nightcrawler
Then to hell and Ghost Rider
Manhattan and Spider-man
Military base and Hulk...
Mailbu, California and Iron Man

FINALLY... HE CROSSES DIMESNIONS USING SHADOW KING'S POWERS AND MEETS...

BATMAN!!!

Coming soon: Wolverine & Batman: The movie

EDIT:

I just realized something... The only re4ason why they bothered with cameos of Scott and Ororo besides plot points is that BOTH have been leaders of the X-Men....
So Wolverine meets his superiors in a sense...

Last edited:
Unless she used her power to save the villagers from Team X there really was no real purpose for the Storm cameo imo.

Unless she used her power to save the villagers from Team X there really was no real purpose for the Storm cameo imo.

Me thinks they cut it out once they knew Storm would be in First Class. Keep continuity correct.

I'm still a little disappointed that they cut her out.

i'm guessing she was in the scene where they massacre the african village, and as the camera pans out a thunderstorm starts? they probably just cut out a scene of her walking out and cut right to the storm instead

Taking a stab in the dark here, but according to the movieverse Team X assembled and ASSUMING first mission was during Vietnam (War still raging) so Storm could be in her late 20's/ early 30's making the TeamX mission in the mid to late 70's. Make sense to anyone?? Or could I be way off base?

the film yakes place moslty in the 70-80's correct? if so, storm should be a small child at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"