Your arms are just too short to box with the Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he remains a masked wrestler, I think he'll do very well in the WWE. Rey Mysterio is near the end of his career and Sin Cara hasn't gone as well as they had hoped (plus he seems to be injury prone). Nothing the kids like more than a masked guy. If the WWE unmasks him, he'll be back in the Indies within 90 days of his first WWE TV match

I can see Generico getting unmasked.

Superstar Billy Graham's moaning about how he lost respect for WWE because of what CM Punk said in his Promo on facebook was random. Chris Jericho tweeted him to shut the hell up and stop being a mark.

watched the Punk/Rock promo.

it's been a long time since I've listened to a whole promo straight through, without forwarding through it.

see.....now I'm excited for the Punk/Rock match at Royal Rumble.

Really wish Rock/Punk was going down at Mania after watching that promo.

And I hope we get Del Rio/Ziggler for the WHC at Mania. Yes, everyone may be groaning over that right now, but if given time those two can wrestle a technical masterpiece with Ziggles getting the clean win.

Del Rio is just so boring to me. Nothing stands out about him. I do like him a little bit more as a face though, which I wasn't expecting. Of course when I first heard Sheamus was fighting Big Show at HIAC, I thought my god that's going to be terrible. Ended up being the best match. So who knows... But the one good thing that could come out of Ziggler vs Rio is Ziggler finally winning. :D

X Night, I totally agree. I usually skip quite a few of the promos, or get dis-interested and start messing around on the phone until they start wrestling. Haven't been that glued to a promo in awhile. I really think with all the positivity that's built up just from that one segment, WWE should just go ahead and make it Punk vs Rock at WM.

WWE Main Event tonight is Sheamus vs Ziggler and Ryder vs Barrett. I guess I'll definitely be tuning in for it. :D

Just breaks my heart Punk Vs. Rock is taking place at the Royal Rumble instead of Wrestlemania 29.

I like both guys so I'll be happy with who walks out of Phoenix with the WWE Championship.

Here's a thought though: IF the Royal Rumble does go on last, wouldn't it be cool if Punk or Rock entered and won to get a second chance for the WWE Championship?

My ideal circumstance is that The Rock wins the belt at the Royal Rumble, CM Punk gets himself into the rumble match, wins it, faces Rock at Wrestlemania 1v1 where he wins the belt from Rock, accomplishing (and surpassing) what Cena couldn't.

My ideal circumstance is that The Rock wins the belt at the Royal Rumble, CM Punk gets himself into the rumble match, wins it, faces Rock at Wrestlemania 1v1 where he wins the belt from Rock, accomplishing (and surpassing) what Cena couldn't.

That may well happen. Cena hasn't been treated well when it comes to title matches lately. Though if this happens, Cena might get the call to face The Undertaker.

- Brian Gewirtz was at Raw this week working with Dwayne Johnson on his material for his TV return. Gewirtz has been working as a consultant since he was removed as the VP of Creative Writing.

- The backstage talk at the WWE SmackDown tapings this week among wrestlers were how great CM Punk's promo on Raw was.

- On the topic of Punk's promo, we reported earlier that Billy Graham went off on Facebook over CM Punk's promo on Raw. Chris Jericho put his two cents in on Twitter, writing, "Dear Superstar Billy Graham, Shut the hell up and stop being such a mark. Your Pal, Chris Jericho"

- Kaitlyn will be getting another WWE Divas Title shot against Eve Torres, likely at Royal Rumble. A Lumberjills stipulation will likely be added to the match.

- Another match for the Rumble or an upcoming RAW is Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan for the WWE Tag Team Titles.

- WWE officials were impressed with Ryback's performance in the TLC match against CM Punk on Monday's RAW. The feeling is that Ryback has improved a lot from when his push began last year.

- The January 7th episode of Raw did 4,420,000 viewers, up almost 900 thousand viewers from last week. That is their biggest number since last summer.

The show did 4,290,000 viewers the first hour, 4,320,000 the second, and 4,650,000 for the third hour.

- Ric Flair is expected to confront CM Punk on next week's 20th Anniversary of Raw which takes place in Houston, Texas.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com
Source: PWInsider.com

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/359747568.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/359772015.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/359769576.php

WWE's Execute VP of Digital Media Perkins Miller spoke on the new "WWE Active" app for Android and Apple devices, during the most recent CES media conference, which was covered in full by Variety

According to the article, WWE believes roughly 80% of their fans are in possession of a mobile device while watching WWE programming, and is looking to utilize that to retain their attention, particularly during commercial breaks.

WWE will be increasing the amount of storylines, games and polls that appear on the app, as well as making its current functionality as an extension of the WWE.com website better. The app has seen an impressive 3.5 million downloads in over 200 countries, after remaining completely free for the past four months.

Update: Has El Generico Signed With WWE?

By Ryan Clark on January 9, 2013

We can now confirm the first report from PWPonderings.com that WWE has signed El Generico to a deal. One of the reasons WWE was so interested in Generico was that he speaks a number of different languages, which would be an asset for international markets.

Generico’s signing is part of a bigger WWE plan, as the company has a number of names on their radar that they want to lock in for deals. The El Generico signing was a move by Triple H.

[prowrestlingscoops]

Why are some of you acting like Punk vs Rock won't happen at WM just cause they have a match at the Rumble?,we don't know what will happen and Punk could still end up headlining WM with Rock..I'd just be a rematch,matches may be good enough to be worth seeing them going at it twice..or three IF you count the chamber match

Update: Has El Generico Signed With WWE?

By Ryan Clark on January 9, 2013

We can now confirm the first report from PWPonderings.com that WWE has signed El Generico to a deal. One of the reasons WWE was so interested in Generico was that he speaks a number of different languages, which would be an asset for international markets.

Generico’s signing is part of a bigger WWE plan, as the company has a number of names on their radar that they want to lock in for deals. The El Generico signing was a move by Triple H.

[prowrestlingscoops]

Finally, America has an answer to Antonio Cesaro.

Cena will win the Rumble. Punk could simply invoke his rematch clause to get his shot at Mania making the main event triple threat.

Cena will win the Rumble. Punk could simply invoke his rematch clause to get his shot at Mania making the main event triple threat.

He (Cena) was my pick the day he announced he was entering the Rumble.

The one reasons I will be watching Raw this Monday:

[YT]IXSn1cPz9eg[/YT]

[YT]TG03IGCAeQM[/YT]

One good thing about El Generico leaving the indies behind, I can now go out there and establish my character, El JEWnerico! Oy vey!

So who's left on ROH from 2006-2007? All I know is Nigel McGuinness, The Briscoe Brothers and Kevin Steen. I don't even know if Jimmy Jacobs, Roderick Strong or Delirious are in ROH anymore.

- On the topic of Punk's promo, we reported earlier that Billy Graham went off on Facebook over CM Punk's promo on Raw. Chris Jericho put his two cents in on Twitter, writing, "Dear Superstar Billy Graham, Shut the hell up and stop being such a mark. Your Pal, Chris Jericho"

I remember Jericho and Graham had heat after the Benoit tragedy as well.
- WWE officials were impressed with Ryback's performance in the TLC match against CM Punk on Monday's RAW. The feeling is that Ryback has improved a lot from when his push began last year.
What? :doh:
- The January 7th episode of Raw did 4,420,000 viewers, up almost 900 thousand viewers from last week. That is their biggest number since last summer.

Rock did the trick then. :up:
- Ric Flair is expected to confront CM Punk on next week's 20th Anniversary of Raw which takes place in Houston, Texas.

I'd rather it was HBK.

I sincerely hope not. I'd rather see Austin job to Punk and give him the rub.

Well I think Austin will win regardless as Rock won his match, but I think Punk would have the better match with him and the better feud.

Why are some of you acting like Punk vs Rock won't happen at WM just cause they have a match at the Rumble?,we don't know what will happen and Punk could still end up headlining WM with Rock..I'd just be a rematch,matches may be good enough to be worth seeing them going at it twice..or three IF you count the chamber match

Mania has never been headlined by a rematch from the Rumble, and in truth I just don't think anyone truly believes anything but Cena getting his win over Rock and the title will be going down. It may be a triple threat but that's the only hope Punk has of getting in the Mania main event.

It's obvious that the Royal Rumble winner will be one of these four:

I-Love-Cena-john-cena-28898136-334-368.jpg

Randy-Orton-john-cena-and-randy-orton-31167064-447-388.jpg

Sheamus-sheamus-16362219-307-390.jpg

5837-extreme_rules-ryback-wwe.png

These four will be the final four of the Rumble. I could maybe see Ryback not making it to the final four for some reason, but I will be shocked if Orton, Sheamus and Cena are not the final three. The WWE wants to shake things up? Have none of these four make it as the final four. I doubt the WWE is smart enough to do that.

The Royal Rumble match is so predictable this year. So much so, I am going with John Cena to win the damn thing, but if Orton, Sheamus or Ryback win it this year, I would not be surprised either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"