Sequels Your Choice: The Next 5 Years

henzINNIT

Superhero
Reaction score
Okay so Apocalypse has come about and Fox have a number of options in front of them. What would you schedule for the next few years to grow and maintain the franchise?

late 2017- Gambit - Origin story. Hint at/introduce Sinister.

early 2018- Deadpool 2 - Lay the groundwork for X-force.

mid 2018- New Mutants - Intro to new group of young characters. Go right into more sci-fi/horror/spiritual elements.

mid 2019- X-Men - No Magneto, No Mystique, and No Wolverine. Smaller scale. Focus on the team. Focus on Xavier's school. Establish the core relationships. Especially Scott and Jean. Don't jump into Sinister here and absolutely don't jump into Phoenix saga. Lay the groundwork for those stories here.

early/mid 2020- X-Force - Cable led team featuring Deadpool, Domino, and X-23 who will be introduced in Wolverine 3. Plus a few other characters maybe even Psylocke or Gambit.

early/mid 2021- New Mutants 2

late 2021- Gambit 2

I was going to make a thread for this today but Henzinit already made one.

March 2018:
The New Mutants
-Starring Patrick Stewart in his last X-Men film portraying his iconic role as Professor Charles Xavier
-Also starring Cannonball, Mirage, Sunspot, Magik and Wolfsbane!
-At the end of the film, the New Mutants Squad will be passed on Cyclops portrayed by James Marsden

June 2018:
Deadpool v. Cable
-Cable and Domino makes their debut live action film appearance
-Vanessa becomes a mutant and will be called "Copycat" in marketing

March 2019:
X-Men: Rise
-The beloved original cast returns for their fifth film together
-Starring Halle Berry (Storm), James Marsden (Cyclops), Famke Jannsen (Jean Grey), Channing Tatum (Gambit), Anna Paquin (Rogue), Shawn Ashmore (Iceman), Ellen Page (Shadowcat), Kelsey Grammer), Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler) and a CGI character (Colossus)
-Story revolves around when two time-displaced mutants, Psylocke (Olivia Munn) and Angel (Ben Foster) arrived for a mysterious mission that would change the mutant community!
-Mr. Sinister and his Marauders which consists of Gambit (Channing Tatum) and silent henchmen such as Vertigo, Blockbuster, Prism and Scalphunter tries to hunt down the time-displaced mutants before the X-Men gets to them first

June 2019:
X-Force
-The long waited mash-up team of Deadool and Cable's mutant team the X-Force
-The X-Force consists of Domino, Shatterstar, Warpath and Rictor with Cable acting as the man in charge!
-Stryfe leads the chaos as the Deadpool and X-Force team-up for the first time to stop Stryfe's madness once and for all!

March 2020
Gambit
-The long delayed Gambit solo film is finally here!
-Story revolves around Gambit (Channing Tatum) as his past begins to hunt him!
-Also starring Rogue (Anna Paquin)

June 2020
Deadpool III
-An end of a trilogy!

March 2021
X-Men: Onslaught
-Mr. Sinister makes his ultimate attack on the X-Men as he unleashes the Onslaught!
-Phoenix VS Onslaught!
-In this movie, not everybody survives
-And will leave the X-Men divided! #TeamStorm (Psylocke, Angel, Rogue, Gambit) and #TeamCyclops (Iceman, Beast, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Colossus)

October 2021
X-Factor
-A new team of mutants explodes into the big-screen featuring never before seen mutants like Multiple Man, Polaris, Forge, Strong Guy and M.
-Street-level heroes

May 2022
X-Men vs. X-Force
-Nuff said!

October 2022
New Mutants & X-Factor
-Nuff said!

Yup, Mr. Sinister doing nothing since 80's tell me more.
Mr. Sinister in 80's, he fits there with his costume.

latest

^ This.

Have Fox and Disney/Marvel work a Sony-type deal so we can finally see the likes of Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine (and I reckon Juggernaut too) existing in the MCU, and personally I'd like to see the Original X-Men getting their own movie which can still be set about 10 years back or something. Not too many characters there with Scott, Jean, Warren, Bobby and Hank - it would be perfect just fleshing out those characters and that way too we could actually feel sorry for Angel and his descent to becoming Archangel in the future. Actually that would be the TV series I would love to see alternatively, and Kinberg can stay away for all I care!

Last edited:
I really want to see another film with the new young cast but also want to see the orginals for one last outing so I'm torn... Maybe a two parter lol

I really want to see another film with the new young cast but also want to see the orginals for one last outing so I'm torn... Maybe a two parter lol

The only logical way to do that is with Legion Quest (featuring original cast) then move into Age of Apocalypse (featuring FC) but Apocalypse was so bungled that's impossible

All New X Men :woot:, young X Men travel time in present.
But i think the young cast need one solo film fisrt.. For exemple, they can go to space against Shiar empire. In the end, they comeback to the Earth but in present.

In hindsight, I wish Singer had passed "First Class 3" back over to Vaughn or a new director, and worked on a present day film of his own at the same time. A sequel to both timelines after DOFP would have been sweet, and it feels right for Singer to do one last film with the original cast, while the 80's film needed more flair than he provided.

Last edited:

Wolverine 3
Gambit

X-Men: Proteus
Cable and Deadpool (vs Black Tom and Juggernaut)
New Mutants (Demon Bear as villain. Continue on TV)

Wolverine: The Lazarus Project (Omega Red replaces Pinnochio)
X-Force (Tolliver as the bad guy)
X-Factor (Mojo as villain. Continue on TV)

X-Men: X-Cutioner's Song (Stryfe as antagonist)
3 Deadpool, 1 Cup (T-Ray as villain)

X-Force: Assault on Weapon Plus (Weapon X as villains)
Wolverine: Enemy of the State (Donald Pierce and Reavers as villains)

X-Men: Messiah Complex (Mister Sinister as villain)
Deadpool 4: Electric Boogaloo (Evil Deadpool as villain)

X-Force: X-Tinction Agenda (Cameron Hodge as villain)
Wolverine: Nightmare Quest (Sabretooth as the villain but less actiony and more cerebral)

House of M (Crossover with Marvel Studios to end Phase 4 and kickstart Phase 5. Release in two parts)

X-Men and Captain Marvel: The Brood Saga (Brood as villains. Deathbird as secondary antagonist)
Deadpool 5: Jumping the Shark (Taskmaster as villain)

X-Force: Zero Tolerance (Bastion as villain)
Wolverine: Final Execution (Sabretooth and Daken as villains)

That's what I'd plan for Fox. They're welcome.

I don't think you want to do a main X-men film every other year.

Fox needs to find ways to keep the X-lore alive, not static. Deadpool was refreshing, New Mutants sounds like it'll be out of this world and Mangold usually does well with Wolverine. But I feel they need to stop recycling the same formulas that were successful before. Let the writers and directors reach their best potential freely.For example, we've seen the same formula used over and over with Singer: Xavier gets kidnapped/disabled, the X-Men have to save the day and the villains always have the best lines to deliver. There are many stories left to tell in the comics in all sorts of fun and creative ways. Like Deadpool, his script was not overly complex and it was good, almost straight out of the comic books.

I can't feel any excitement for planning after Apocalypse.

Here's what I would have done instead though:

Deadpool (early 2016) Dir: Tim Miller.

OT X-Men Sequel (summer 2016) Dir: Bryan Singer. Swan song for the original cast. Apocalypse as the villain, unleashed as a direct result of the heroes messing with time travel.

Mystique (early 2017) Dir: ??? Set soon after the events of DOFP, a kind of spy thriller where Raven continues to help mutants and uncover evil human plots. Small role for Hugh Jackman to tie up loose ends.

Wolverine 3 (late 2017) Dir: James Mangold. As planned.

New Mutants (early 2018) Dir: Josh Boon. Present day setting. Couple of OT cameos.

Deadpool 2 (summer 2018) Dir: Tim Miller. The character's success earns him a summer release. Feturing Cable, of course.

Magneto (late 2018) Dir: ??? Fassbender gets to stretch his acting muscles in the long discussed Magneto spin-off, set a few years after DOFP. Basically all of Erik's dramatic material from XM:A, with much more time and depth. Features Evan Peters as Quicksilver and maybe another sibling or two. All about family. Cameo for McAvoy.

PT X-Men Sequel (summer 2019) Dir: Matthew Vaughn. A proper, 80's-set finale for the First cast trilogy. Lawrence and Fassbender have fulfilled their contractual obligations already but can return in smaller roles.

Gambit (late 2019) Dir: Doug Liman. Channing Tatum's introduction to the X-Men world. A supporting role for Anna Paquin as Rogue, filling a similar position as Collossus did in Deadpool.

X-Force (summer 2020) Dir: Tim Miller.

In hindsight, I wish Singer had passed "First Class 3" back over to Vaughn or a new director, and worked on a present day film of his own at the same time. A sequel to both timelines after DOFP would have been sweet, and it feels right for Singer to do one last film with the original cast, while the 80's film needed more flair than he provided.

I really wanted this to happen, so that everyone sort of won and we got more than just one X-men movie. But alas, wasn't in the cards.

I have headache because of reading this original X-Men, and original X-Men,...
Like we have original Avengers in MCU, no we don't. We have SHIELD Avengers.
Hank Pym, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, and the Wasp - that's original.

Edit:
I can't feel any excitement for planning after Apocalypse.

Here's what I would have done instead though:

Deadpool (early 2016) Dir: Tim Miller.

OT X-Men Sequel (summer 2016) Dir: Bryan Singer. Swan song for the original cast. Apocalypse as the villain, unleashed as a direct result of the heroes messing with time travel.
that's what everyone wanted after all those cameos in DOFP. :(

Mystique (early 2017) Dir: ??? Set soon after the events of DOFP, a kind of spy thriller where Raven continues to help mutants and uncover evil human plots. Small role for Hugh Jackman to tie up loose ends.

Wolverine 3 (late 2017) Dir: James Mangold. As planned.

New Mutants (early 2018) Dir: Josh Boon. Present day setting. Couple of OT cameos. Sounded promising at first, but so did FF and X:A. Should we give it the BOD?

Deadpool 2 (summer 2018) Dir: Tim Miller. The character's success earns him a summer release. Feturing Cable, of course.

Magneto (late 2018) Dir: ??? Fassbender gets to stretch his acting muscles in the long discussed Magneto spin-off, set a few years after DOFP. Basically all of Erik's dramatic material from XM:A, with much more time and depth. Features Evan Peters as Quicksilver and maybe another sibling or two. All about family. Cameo for McAvoy. I'd watch that.

PT X-Men Sequel (summer 2019) Dir: Matthew Vaughn. A proper, 80's-set finale for the First cast trilogy. Lawrence and Fassbender have fulfilled their contractual obligations already but can return in smaller roles.

Gambit (late 2019) Dir: Doug Liman. Channing Tatum's introduction to the X-Men world. A supporting role for Anna Paquin as Rogue, filling a similar position as Collossus did in Deadpool.

X-Force (summer 2020) Dir: Tim Miller. I'd be hyped, but I feel like Suicide Squad beat them to it. Also feel Marvel's going to beat them to the first superheroine solo film. Oh, Fox. It has the best franchise for first everything (LGBT, women, race/ethnicities), and such a great message, it could be academy award-worthy stuff.

Last edited:
Wolverine: Old Man Logan -- Set in the far future. Omega Red. Death of Jackman.
Gambit -- Sinister. Rogue. Rated R for sex.

Deadpool II -- Cable & Deadpool on a time-travelling adventure. Finish in the 90's.
New Mutants

X-Force -- Deadpool, Cable, Colossus, Domino, Archangel, Psylocke
X-Men: Children of the Atom -- Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee, Iceman, Sinister, Stryfe. Scott proposes to Jean. Cable shows up at the end.

Wolverine: X-23
New Mutants II

X-Men: The Dark Phoenix -- Scott and Jean get married. Shi'ar, Dark Phoenix, Jean's death.
X-Force II -- Baby Apocalypse storyline. Deadpool, Wolverine, Archangel, Psylocke, Fantomex

Last edited:
2017:
Wolverine 3
Deadpool 2
2018:
X-Force
2019:
Deadpool 3
2020:
Uncanny X-Men mainline movie focused on Sheridan, Turner, and Shipp iterations
2021:
X-Force sequel

Wolverine 3: Death of Jackman, kind of disturbing but intriguing nonetheless.

Gambit - october 2017
Set in the present. Some of the X-Men appear in some form, with the original cast reprising their roles. Sinister is also involved. Gambit joins the team at the end.

New Mutants - march 2018
1990 setting with McAvoy and Shipp as Professor X and Storm mentoring a class composed of Magik, Wolfsbane, Cannonball, Mirage and Sunspot. Introduces more fantastical elements like Warlock and the Limbo.

Deadpool - june 2018
Pretty much the beginning of X-Force, with Cable and Domino making a great first impression.

The Brotherhood - 2019
Magneto and Mystique create a mutant homeland in Genosha. Includes Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in major roles. Last film with Fassbender and Lawrence.

X-Force - 2019
Team made of Deadpool, Cable, Domino, Gambit and X-23. Involves time travel which brings Psylocke and Archangel into the plot. Based on Uncanny X-Force so Apocalypse has a presence in the story and they go to space.

Uncanny X-Men - 2020
Set in the 1990s. Sinister is the villain and his Marauders may include clones of the deceased First Class cast. More hints to an eventual Dark Phoenix storyline.

Gambit/Rogue - 2020 (assuming the first film makes tons of money otherwise just launch a new franchise in X-23)

New Mutants 2 - 2021

Deadpool 3 - 2021

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back