Your Favorite CBM Theme Songs

Deck Rickard

Lord of Frenzied Flame
Reaction score
What are some of your favorite songs from superhero films? I'm not talking about the score or songs on the soundtrack that were previously released, but songs that were written specifically for superhero films. Here are some of my favorites.

**EDIT: Sorry, meant to put this in the Misc. Comics Films forum.

Taylor Dayne: Original Sin (The Shadow)
[YT]CXpWfd1BNkQ[/YT]

Prince: Electric Chair (Batman)
[YT]OY_xsUpABiQ[/YT]The Sneepers feat. David Hasselhoff: Guardians Inferno (GOTG Vol. 2)
[YT]3MMMe1drnZY[/YT]
* By the way, I had no idea this song had a video until today. It's... amazing.U2: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Batman Forever)
[YT]IDl1c0nR5SI[/YT]

Dashboard Confessional: Vindicated (Spider Man 2)
[YT]2WoJV4NLxqg[/YT]

Welcome to my world..... :woot:

Footnote, that ain't the original video for the U2 Batman Forever film BTW. :cwink:

Oh I know. :cwink: I'm thankful for whoever put clips from TDK into it so that I didn't need to suffer through clips of Batman Forever again, haha.

Oh I know. :cwink: I'm thankful for whoever put clips from TDK into it so that I didn't need to suffer through clips of Batman Forever again, haha.

The actual 'original' 1995 video recording for it by U2 is actually an awesome video in it's own right, not TDK trilogy awesome, you understand, but awesome all the same. :cwink:

There can be only one.
[YT]AMD2TwRvuoU[/YT]

There can be only one.
[YT]AMD2TwRvuoU[/YT]

Certainly a good one, though it got so overplayed back then I can't listen to it anymore.

I remember when R. Kelly tried to ape the style of this video in his song for Batman & Robin and failed pathetically.

The actual 'original' 1995 video recording for it by U2 is actually an awesome video in it's own right, not TDK trilogy awesome, you understand, but awesome all the same. :cwink:

Oh for sure. The animation is fantastic.

Face to Face by Siouxsie and the Banshees (co-written with Danny Elfman) from Batman Returns is probably my favourite song written for a CBM.

Oh yeah, Trust was a great one. Partyman is also awesome.

1. Kiss from a Rose (Batman Forever)

2. Hero (Spider-Man)

3. Signal Fire (Spider-Man 3)

4. Vindicated (Spider-Man 2)

5. Pray For Me (Black Panther)

Face to Face by Siouxsie and the Banshees (co-written with Danny Elfman) from Batman Returns is probably my favourite song written for a CBM.
My favorite too.

Close second - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. Or maybe I love it just as much.

Last edited:
For real, I never knew Batman Returns had a theme song. I thought it just had the Elfman score.

For real, I never knew Batman Returns had a theme song. I thought it just had the Elfman score.

yeah it plays over the end credits just as the Scandalous song by Prince played over the 89 film. it is also used in the movie during Shrek's costume ball (kicks in when Selena shows up and Bruce notices her).

[YT]eeEz9oE17ac[/YT]

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm had a good one too, I Never Even Told you by Wayne's World's Tia Carrere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"