Guardians of the Galaxy Your favorite scenes/quotes/moments!

So many great lines/moments, I can't really choose. Maybe after repeat viewings...

One that particularly stuck with me was the closing scene with Peter opening the the present and note from Meredith. It made the whole thing about him choosing the name Star-Lord a lot more touching. I know it's almost like a title in his original origin, but I kind of preferred how he has the name in this film.

If I had to pick one moment, it would be Peter going back for his Walkman. There was something so great about the Big Bad Star-Lord going his most badass over someone taking his Walkman. Then Drax's dual reactions just makes it even better. So awesome.

It's another great example of the action being earned through characterisation. That whole sequence tells us more about Quill than any dialogue scene could.

The whole scene of the guardians talking on board the ravager ship. That was hilarious. Possibly my favorite part

Celestial cameo. Ho-lee-%@!#$@.

Oh my god, yes. I wanted to give James Gunn a big fat kiss for doing Kirby's artwork justice. Holy crap that Celestial looked epic. There can never be enough Kirby-influenced design in these movies for me.

(getting sad again, thinking about the FF not being in Marvel's hands)

Rocket's tantrums. He really broke my heart. Speaking of Rocket & hittin the feels, when Peter sees how Rocket has been experimented on, and he obviously feels bad for him. That was great.

There's more, but then I'd spoil 99% of the film :oldrazz:

Trust me, I was crying inside looking at Rocket's body.

Wouldn't imagine it was Rocket that makes me feel bad.

For me:
Biggest cry -> Awesome mix Vol 2... and the song, ugh.
Biggest Laugh -> "I am not some waif you can charm with your pelvic sorcery!"
Biggest applause -> "You called Ronan!?!?"
"The filmmakers are brilliant" moment -> "What's a raccoon?"

My favorite line from each Guardian,

Star-Lord: "They got my dick message!"
Rocket: "No really, I really need his eye." (I can't remember the whole and exact quote)
Groot: *Shocked Gasp* (Reaction to Rocket making fun of Drax's family being dead)
Drax: You! The one who lays with Askavarians!"
Gamora: "I am not some waif you can charm with your pelvic sorcery!" (Thanks Dr.Cosmic for the actual like :D)

Mine:
"When did we establish that?" "Like three seconds ago" "Oh I wasn't paying attention I was thinking of something else."
The who fake leg thing.
"You're just copying me from when I said I have a plan!"

Star-Lord: 'Finally!'

Gamora: 'THE MELODY IS PLEASANT!'

Drax: 'Behold!'

Rocket: (lets Drax pet him)

Groot (goofy smile)

Mine:
"When did we establish that?" "Like three seconds ago" "Oh I wasn't paying attention I was thinking of something else."
The who fake leg thing.
"You're just copying me from when I said I have a plan!"

I actually just lol'd whilst remembering this. Thankyou :funny:

Groot's smile/face as he looks back to a stunned Star-Lord and Drax after owning those clowns with one arm.

When Korath called Quil Star Lord and he said 'Finally'!:funny:

I can't remember the exact line, but the moment when Drax realized Ronan was just a lackey and that it's Thanos who he really needs to kill.

When the scene cut to Drax and Rocket wildly gambling on rat racing.

The film has too many favorite moments/quotes, I can't sort them out!

Opening credits.

Drax blasting Nebula.

"We are Groot."

If that scene didn't tug on your heart strings, you are a cold SOB. :p

holy crap
arishem the judge
was in this! that celestial destroying a planet. this was so cool. not to mention all the kree and kree empire talk.

i was corrected by TheVileOne it was
Eson the Searcher

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"