Guardians of the Galaxy Your favorite scenes/quotes/moments!

I loved the opening title reveal with the music and Quill beginning to dance under it. It honestly put a smile on my face.

It was basically establishing from the get go that, yeah, this Marvel movie is gonna be very different...

I loved the opening title reveal with the music and Quill beginning to dance under it. It honestly put a smile on my face.

It was basically establishing from the get go that, yeah, this Marvel movie is gonna be very different...

In the words of our favourite racoon, Oh Yeah.

Not only did it kickstart the movie and set its tone, the dance was also brought back, fittingly, in the most awesome manner in the end fight.

Saw it again with the other half yesterday. She loved it. She told me after she got teary eyed when Groot sacrificed himself.

And for me still, the scene where he goes mental and takes out like 20 goons, then turns around and gives Quill and Drax this big child like grin... it's just so funny. Got a great reaction from everyone in the cinema.

The look on Ronan's face when Peter treated his crowning moment speech with stupidity was damn funny. His "wtf is this?" expression was excellent.

I lost it when he said "We are Groot" :waa:

The look on Ronan's face when Peter treated his crowning moment speech with stupidity was damn funny. His "wtf is this?" expression was excellent.

I just loved Ronans reaction to it. After monologuing and going all bombastic in his speech to being completely confused and casually going, "What are you doing?".

I lol'd at that pretty good.

Who shocked me the most was the awesome deadpan delivery by Dave Bautista. Who knew he had it in him?

yup .loved it too

Groot's smile after destroying the soldiers in the hallway. Priceless.

'Behold'

Bautista's delivery cracked me the hell up in that scene

Oh man, soooooooo many great moments. The film is essentially a string of favourite moments for me. Here's one that got a big laugh in the cinema that no one here has mentioned, to my knowledge:

DRAX: This is a nice knife, I will keep it.
CONVICT (sad): That was my favourite knife.

I lost it when he said "We are Groot" :waa:

I'm getting teary just thinking about that moment.

I think my favourite bit has to be the Guardians holding hands to save the world, it should be cheesy and hell maybe it is but it worked so well. Along with Groot saving his friends this film hurt my heart in a good way. I love a film that makes me laugh, cheer and cry. :hrt:

I'm getting teary just thinking about that moment.

I think my favourite bit has to be the Guardians holding hands to save the world, it should be cheesy and hell maybe it is but it worked so well. Along with Groot saving his friends this film hurt my heart in a good way. I love a film that makes me laugh, cheer and cry. :hrt:

The final fight was really a well put-together sequence of earned laughs and emotion, from 'we are groot' to Starlord's dance off to the uniting in nakama power (and getting closure for rejecting his mum) to Drax stroking Rocket's head in commiseration.

When Rocket was mourning Groot... Lord, I haven't teared up that easily in a long, long time.

Lol and like, I lied about tearing up during Cap TWS (side praise - come on, we all do it).

This ***** was real.

I hadn't watched the clips, so Groot getting that battery out from the watchtower while Rocket/Quill/Gamora were planning their breakout was wonderful!

Also, any scene with Rooker. I loved this film's take on Yondu. "He's a ***hole." -referring to Peter's dad, and all the little trinkets surrounding his captain's chair, and the little smile he gave when Peter "trolled" him.

"Pelvic sorcery."

Everything with the actual Guardians! Y'all have mentioned them here already.

LOVED that look on Peter's mug shot when he called Dey.

I found myself loving the small little details with this movie. It begs for repeat viewings.

The feels scenes. Rocket's got a lot of 'em throughout the movie, but toward the end, especially following Groot's death, just killed. Drax petting him on the head really did me in. Groot starting the cocoon, all the way through to seeing the pieces of branch after the Dark Aster crashed. The "WE are Groot" was the real punch in the gut. Finally, Peter opening his present, reading the letter, and Awesome Mix Vol. 2. The nickname being from his mother pushed the tears out, though. What a simple way to add a tremendous amount of layering and depth in one shot.

Funny moments? How about the whole damn movie. Fun, funny, visually beautiful. Everything out of Drax's mouth killed. My wife about rolled over when he said he wasn't listening and was thinking about something else. She loved Rocket the most. I think her favorite moment was when they came out of The Collector's place with the orb, and he just freaked out that Peter was carrying that thing in his "purse" to begin with. For me, I could have sat for two hours watching baby Groot dance, and Drax trying to catch him doing it.

I loved Nebula's ''Thanks Dad, sounds fair.''

So casual, but so effing awesome!

For me, I could have sat for two hours watching baby Groot dance, and Drax trying to catch him doing it.

It speaks of the movie's awesomeness that this scene felt earned; the cuteness was earned. In another movie it'd have been throwaway.

Who shocked me the most was the awesome deadpan delivery by Dave Bautista. Who knew he had it in him?

James Gunn. I'm glad I was a Dave supporter form the beginning.

Two of my favorite lines were his. "Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast" and when he said "Ronan was just a puppet it's really Thanos I need to kill" He'll need an upgrade for that fight, but it brought a smile to my face.

Why would I put my finger or his throat? :funny:

James Gunn. I'm glad I was a Dave supporter form the beginning.

Two of my favorite lines were his. "Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast" and when he said "Ronan was just a puppet it's really Thanos I need to kill" He'll need an upgrade for that fight, but it brought a smile to my face.

Why would I put my finger or his throat? :funny:

I don't know much about Dave, I was only sort of vaguely aware of who he was at the time of his casting. When I heard of the preparation and amount of work he put into fighting for the role, I was more than willing to give him the chance. He paid us all back for that in spades with his performance. In a movie where everyone was stealing scenes and grabbing their own moments, he seized the opportunity and rose to the occasion.

:up:

Loved all the scenes in Peter's ship, it felt like Serenity and/or Star Wars. Just showed what incredible chemistry the cast had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"