Your favorite singer/band at the moment?

LightDaggers

This action will have consequences...
Reaction score
As the thread title suggests, whose your favorite band/singer?

For me, I'd say Billie Eilish is currently my favorite singer, and I've been a huge fan of her nearly since the beginning. Her vocals are just so so gorgeous.

But moving onto my favorite band, it will forever be the Arctic Monkeys. They've been a huge part of me musically for as long as I can remember, and I just love their music style.

You can say both or maybe just one if you want, I don't really mind. But in any case, let's continue. :highfive:

right now i'm really into Ashley McBryde and her songwriting. I think she's a great songwriter

Queen...uh...Freddie Mercury....I almost didn't go see Bohemian Rhapsody because I thought it might be really sad. It was a little sad, but I survived. Funny thing is, I didn't really listen to them much because I was way too cool and listened to "edgier" bands. My loss I suppose.....LOL

Just discovered Greta Van Fleet so on a major kick of them right now.

Queen...uh...Freddie Mercury....I almost didn't go see Bohemian Rhapsody because I thought it might be really sad. It was a little sad, but I survived. Funny thing is, I didn't really listen to them much because I was way too cool and listened to "edgier" bands. My loss I suppose.....LOL
Queen/Freddie Mercury are awesome. Probably my #2.

My #1 is Pink Floyd/David Gilmour (has been for more years than I'm going to admit to).

I didn't discover Pink Floyd's greatness till a bit later. So good, I always come back to them.
David Gilmour's also easily my #1 guitarist. There are plenty of guitarists who I admire and really enjoy listening to, but he's the only one who makes me wish I could play.

Of all time, The Beatles and David Bowie.

Of contemporary singers:

Amy Shark
Smith and Thell
Tame Impala

Adam Lambert and Freddie Mercury are my favorite singers.

69952964_671225013287561_4160127003900510208_n.jpg

Started taking a liking to Freya Ridings something about her style very much reminds me of Florence Welch.

I don't think I can pick a favorite band or artist of all time. Too many I like.

Some of my favorite current artists/bands

Metronomy
Artificial Pleasure
The Darcys
NF
The Strike
Wallows
Twin Shadow
Surf Curse
Sleigh Bells
Brockhampton
Brett
Approachable Members Of Your Local Community
Dave
ASAP Rocky
The Kills
Courts
Diskopunk
Idles
Jai Paul
Marc Baker
Labriynth
Clipping
Spector

I been digging these dudes lately.

I didn't discover Pink Floyd's greatness till a bit later. So good, I always come back to them.
David Gilmour's also easily my #1 guitarist. There are plenty of guitarists who I admire and really enjoy listening to, but he's the only one who makes me wish I could play.

Ah...David Gilmour is one of the greats. He gets such a unique tone out of his gear. I ****ing HATE Stratocasters, but the pickups he developed with EMG and his style of fingerpicking strangely managed to turn his tone into almost a vintage Jazzmaster. I read a fantastic article years ago about how he experimented to come up with his sound. Not to mention I usually am not big on fingerpickers, but he manages to get so many voices out of his instrument with something as simple as his finger attack. That and he has to be the only person alive that actually uses his tone knobs on a Strat. Sorry to nerd out a bit. If it's not obvious, I used to be a musician.

As far as the topic...it's too hard to narrow down. Rarely is there a vocalist that REALLY strikes me. I'm usually more impressed by what a band creates as a unit, but back in the day I was a HUGE Maynard fan. And I very much preferred APC to Tool. I preferred APC's more melodic nature, but lately, it seems like he's just kinda phoning it in. Lots of what I've read talked about how he's lost alot of love for the craft, and it really shows. Other than that let's see...Death Can for Cutie, Minus the Bear (who recently broke up), Dredg (who broke up long ago), Circa Survive (I very much enjoy Anthony Green's high pitched voice prob because it's similar to my own singing voice). Man...this has made me realize I REALLY need to find some new music.

Oh man...if you wanna talk just pure vocalists, they don't come much more talented than Freddie.

Oh man...if you wanna talk just pure vocalists, they don't come much more talented than Freddie.

Freddie was also a showman to the nth degree.

Not having followed them that closely way back when (You couldn't completely insulate yourself, but I did a pretty good job :yay: ), one thing that recently surprised me was how eclectic a sound they had. You had some of your straight up R&R, 50s sound, a little Ragtime, and so on. I'd heard the songs, but it never stood out to me. I suppose that's a result of having 4 quite competent writers.

Freddie has become a meme the last couple of weeks amongst the kiddies.

If you like the Black Keys then you might want to check out Hanni El Khatib

Yes, he's absolutely amazing.

The live guitar solo here on Comfortably Numb in Pompeii from 2016 is one of the best things I've ever heard. This has really made me consider learning just to try this myself. :cwink:

Ah...David Gilmour is one of the greats. He gets such a unique tone out of his gear. I ****ing HATE Stratocasters, but the pickups he developed with EMG and his style of fingerpicking strangely managed to turn his tone into almost a vintage Jazzmaster. I read a fantastic article years ago about how he experimented to come up with his sound. Not to mention I usually am not big on fingerpickers, but he manages to get so many voices out of his instrument with something as simple as his finger attack. That and he has to be the only person alive that actually uses his tone knobs on a Strat. Sorry to nerd out a bit. If it's not obvious, I used to be a musician.
Interesting to read. Why did you stop?

Yes, he's absolutely amazing.

The live guitar solo here on Comfortably Numb in Pompeii from 2016 is one of the best things I've ever heard. This has really made me consider learning just to try this myself. :cwink:

I've watched/listened to that so many times, but seeing as you linked it I just had to see it again :yay: Yes, absolutely fantastic. Man, that nine minutes just flies by! :up:

I've watched/listened to that so many times, but seeing as you linked it I just had to see it again :yay: Yes, absolutely fantastic. Man, that nine minutes just flies by! :up:
I must be up to 100 views already after a week. :D:

It’s amazing enough on the official record, but this extended performance blows even that away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"