Your favorite Sonic the Hedgehog voice

CJ

Sidekick
Reaction score
Sonic has had many different voiceactors over the years.

Which voice-actor do you think provided the best voice for the character?

Jaleel White. That was the only time when Sonic was good.

Spider-Vader said:
Jaleel White. That was the only time when Sonic was good.

..Well, to each their own, I guess..

I prefer Ryan Drummond myself. (Sonic Adventure series, Sonic Shuffle, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Battle, Sonic Advance 3, various TV commercials)

He made Sonic sound youthful, energetic, cool, and just a tad bit cocky.

I talked to Ryan a few times in the past via email, (back when he was still doing the voice) and he was a really cool guy. Showed up to a message board I used to post at in response to my request, and sent me an autograph too. Such a shame SEGA let him go. He will always be the definitive voice for Sonic, IMO.

Chris Redfield is Sonic in generation? Doesn't sound like him at all
Only one I like is the one from Sonic X, other than Jaleel White

I didn't care for Smith's Sonic voice. He should have sounded more like what he does as Chris IMO.

Yup, he's the new voice for Sonic. I didn't like him at first, (sounded too much like a Ninja Turtle for my tastes..) But I grew to like him.

I think the guys that followed tried to turn him too much into a radical surfer dude type guy, aka every other anime hero's voice. Jaleel White was just a different sound.

terry78 said:
I think the guys that followed tried to turn him too much into a radical surfer dude type guy

That wouldn't really be out of character though..

Smith. White was too nasally for my tastes.

I liked it when Sonic didn't talk.

What about Mario? When I played Mario 64 for the first time and that title screen came up, I was NOT expecting him to sound like that.

What about Mario? When I played Mario 64 for the first time and that title screen came up, I was NOT expecting him to sound like that.

Same goes for Mario. I would prefer it if these types of characters didn't talk at all. Having said that, I don't mind if the developers want them to throw out a couple of lines in cutscenes or whatever, it can just get kind of annoying when the character is super vocal during gameplay. Like Mega Man 8 for example, or modern Mario games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"