Your favorite Superman Villain for MOS 2?

RedKryptonite

Civilian
Reaction score
I think Lex is a given but with what Superman Villain do you want him to team up?

So why isn't Lex Luthor on this list? Might be a given but even so, not giving him fair time in the poll, that's just not right. ;)

MoS 2 can JUST be Lex. That's enough to carry a film.

I think people's aversion to having Lex be so prominent is because of the Hackman/Spacey version of the character which is just an annoying version.

We haven't seen the business tycoon version of the character on the big screen yet and I think with the right script, and right actor, could be as good as Heath's Joker. Lex is just a much more subtle villain (at least he should be). Lex should be such a strong character in the sequel that some audience members actually root for him, or at least see his point.

The best thing that could happen in MoS 2 is that audience are once again divided, but this time not on whether the film is great or not, but whether Superman is a savior or dangerous.

Then in a Justice League movie, or MoS 3 (whichever happens sooner) he THEN really becomes the Superman that the entire world rallies around. Like TDK trilogy was Bruce's journey with fear and chaos. MoS trilogy should be Clark's journey with trust (giving and earning it). These themes were discussed heavily in MoS and should be running themes throughout the DCU.

The cartoons tackled these questions as well with the Justice Lords.

I voted Metallo, but that's assuming that Lex is in it. I'd like to see Metallo fight Superman about 2/3 through the movie, then the finale is Superman against Lex in the battlesuit. I feel like THAT would help Lex earn the GA's attention since he'll be discussed as "DC's Iron Man" fighting the most powerful being in superhero movies.

Assuming Lex is the main Villian I voted for Metallo to go up against Superman. Also want to see Lex in his famous battle suit against Sup.

No Lex in his notorious battle suit!!!

Brainiac.

BUT, with Lex Luthor manipulating events behind the scenes. Ideally, I'd like to see Lex Luthor introduced as the "hero" who rebuilt Metropolis after the Superman vs. Zod battle.

While Lex Luthor spent millions, possibly billions, rebuilding Metropolis, his primary intention was to scavenge the devastated areas to retrieve parts of Superman's scout ship and Zod's prison ship. From those parts, he managed to imperfectly rebuild one of the servant robots seen in Man of Steel. The robot's AI goes haywire and it develops its own personality and motivations, although it allows Lex Luthor to continue to believe he is in control. And the robot eventually becomes Brainiac and is set on a path of conflict with Superman.

BUT, it's difficult to think of motivations for Brainiac that are significantly different to Zod. Zod wanted to preserve Krypton and I would expect that Brainiac would want to do something similar. That's probably a little repetitive. Unless Brainiac simply has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and that leads him to somehow threaten humanity.

Seeing as how the world was nearly destroyed this time, should the damage be scaled back next time? No Darkseid please. Lex is probably going to happen but if we still want bada-- Superman then someone who can take a punch from him has to also be in the movie.

Maybe in order to avoid Lex and another invasion storyline, they could use Emmet Vale and Metallo and base the story on the post crisis version, which involved Vale believing that Superman was the the first in a wave of invading Kryptonians. Of course in this case, the invasion has already happened, so the motivation could be changed so that he believes Superman to be just as much a threat to humanity as Zod. I'd also have him stick around as the brains behind Metallo rather than being killed off like he was in the other stories.

Maybe in order to avoid Lex and another invasion storyline, they could use Emmet Vale and Metallo and base the story on the post crisis version, which involved Vale believing that Superman was the the first in a wave of invading Kryptonians. Of course in this case, the invasion has already happened, so the motivation could be changed so that he believes Superman to be just as much a threat to humanity as Zod. I'd also have him stick around as the brains behind Metallo rather than being killed off like he was in the other stories.
agreed. the next theme must show us how superman win the trust of the people. not just here i come, worship me!

Lex and the Anti-Superman Squad concisisting of Neutron,Parasite,Live Wire,Cyborg Superman and Bloodsport.

Luthor definitely. Maybe Darkseid.. maybe Manchester Black. Then bring in Doomsday for number 3.

Luthor definitely. Maybe Darkseid.. maybe Manchester Black. Then bring in Doomsday for number 3.
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! This isn't having sex with a woman where you pound into her for three minutes and pass out on top of her. This is a superhero franchise. You should build up to such a villain. Darkseid is definitely third film or JL worthy. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"