Your Favorite X-Men Movie

Top 3:

Logan
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: Days of Future Past

Not surprised what the top 3 are, thought Deadpool would be doing better though

Not surprised what the top 3 are, thought Deadpool would be doing better though
I hear/read First Class and Deadpool mentioned quite often, but a lot of the polls always keep those 2 in the middle of all the votes counted.

Have to admit I don't read the X-Men comics. Could never get into them for some reason.
May be too much to keep track of.

Have to admit I don't read the X-Men comics. Could never get into them for some reason.

Unfortunately for me I can't get out of them. Money money money. I could really use that cash for a good dentist....

1.jpg

I hear/read First Class and Deadpool mentioned quite often, but a lot of the polls always keep those 2 in the middle of all the votes counted.

Yeah they must have some vocal fans or something. I actually love both movies, they were the best CBMs of their release years for me. X2, Logan and DOFP are just a class above for me though.

Well 780 m + does speak volumes. :up: It is surprising though, but I think a lot of the X-Men traditionalists don't like the fact that DP destroyed all the X-Men films at the Box office. I've seen a bit of a push back.

Well 780 m does speak volumes. :up: It is surprising though, but I think a lot of the X-Men traditionalists don't like the fact that DP destroyed all the X-Men films at the Box office. I've seen a bit of a push back.
lol, I think I know who you're talking about, but yeah I don't doubt for a second more fans just prefer those other 3.
As AVIE implied, they're not nearly as vocal.

Even the one poster on here who I thought would be through the roof about this Deadpool movie because of how much he/she detested much of the franchise frankly stated, "it was pretty good" when it finally came out.

DP also has a bit of that love/hate dynamic going on. Many people just don't like it or 'get it'. A buddy of mine who went to the film with me was basically "WTF was that!" when we came out. A far cry from the serious thematic tones of the X-films.

X2. Its the most exciting X-Men movie, exhilarating from start to finish, good balance of characters and subplots (except for my man Cyclops), and a damn good villain. I remember when I went to see it for the first time. Great time at the movies.

After all these years the opening of X2 is still phenomenal.

Thank you all, again, for your recommendations! 2kt09 Thank you for the detailed lists! :) It's exciting to watch these superhero films for the first time. I can't wait to delve into it. I'm glad Wolverine Origins and Logan are good films; I liked Wolverine most in that first film. Darn, I want to go watch Logan now, but I guess it would spoil too much for me. haha

I generally err on the side of watching films in order of release date, but that threw off Steve Rogers for me in the MCU. When I went back and rewatched the three Cap films without Avengers and AOU in between, his characterization flowed so much better. In the first Avengers movie, he almost felt like his stage persona from TFA, rather than Steve Rogers himself. So I was worried about something like that happening in the X-men movies. I can handle inconsistent plot threads better than inconsistent characterization.

Anyway, thanks again! :)

Well 780 m + does speak volumes. :up: It is surprising though, but I think a lot of the X-Men traditionalists don't like the fact that DP destroyed all the X-Men films at the Box office. I've seen a bit of a push back.

Thats just silly, the more good, successful movies we get in the franchise the better. X-Men are my favourite CB characters of all time, yet I was happy Deadpool was successful.

Thank you all, again, for your recommendations! 2kt09 Thank you for the detailed lists! :) It's exciting to watch these superhero films for the first time. I can't wait to delve into it. I'm glad Wolverine Origins and Logan are good films; I liked Wolverine most in that first film. Darn, I want to go watch Logan now, but I guess it would spoil too much for me. haha

I generally err on the side of watching films in order of release date, but that threw off Steve Rogers for me in the MCU. When I went back and rewatched the three Cap films without Avengers and AOU in between, his characterization flowed so much better. In the first Avengers movie, he almost felt like his stage persona from TFA, rather than Steve Rogers himself. So I was worried about something like that happening in the X-men movies. I can handle inconsistent plot threads better than inconsistent characterization.

Anyway, thanks again! :)

For the record, Origins is one of the bad ones, not one of the good ones. Other than that and X3, the others are all enjoyable to varying levels IMO.

Thats just silly, the more good, successful movies we get in the franchise the better. X-Men are my favourite CB characters of all time, yet I was happy Deadpool was successful.

I would say most fans feel like you, but I've seen it on twitter and other places where people say things like, "I can't believe Deadpool made more $$$ then The X-Men, THE X-MEN!", or "Sad that people like something silly and trivial like Deadpool more then something that deals with serious, relevant issues, typical", etc, etc. Again, certainly not the majority of X-Fans, but there are some super serious fanboys/girls out there. Just food for thought.

Last edited:
IMO Logan is the best X-movie by miles, if not the best cbm movie since TDK.

After that, I'll say First Class, then X2, then DOFP.

To me Deadpool is overrated, and X3 the Last Stand is underrated ( I actually liked Xavier's death scene).

For the record, Origins is one of the bad ones, not one of the good ones. Other than that and X3, the others are all enjoyable to varying levels IMO.

Thank you. I will keep that in mind! :yay:

Would you consider the spin-off/solo movies essential viewing for plot, or mostly valuable for character development?

I think TDK is overrated and rather boring. In my mind Logan destroys it in every way possible. Hey, it is what it is.

Well there's room for everyone's opinion. To me, Deadpool was funny but really didn't do a lot for me otherwise - after a while the 4th wall breaks just get old. But I've never really been a fan of the character.

As for Logan, there are only 2 things that make TDK a better film - and Logan has a much stronger 2nd act than TDK -

My 2 complaints are that 1) the villains are pretty average (against the best cbm villain to date in TDK, arguably one of the best movie villains of all time)

2) I found the ending just a little too bleak. I have no problems with him dying, but plenty of films where the hero dies at the end , after a heroic sacrifice, have uplifting endings ( e.g. V for Vendetta, Gladiator.....)

In comparison Batman is screwed, but not dead, at the end of TDK, but the ending is still uplifting. I don't need a happy ending, but I like to walk out of a film on an up note, rather than a downer ( Empire Strikes Back being an exception because a sequel was always coming). To me Logan is a better film than TDKR in every respect except for its ending. Nolan knows how to end a film for maximum emotional payoff.

Someone in a Logan thread suggested that a better ending would have been him riding/walking/staggering off into the sunset (like at the end of Shane) where its ambiguous whether he lives or dies. To me that would have been better, but that's just me.

I think if that Logan had had a more uplifting ending it would have increased its overall appeal and possibly could have propelled it into serious award contention. It was a huge critical success, but I think that a stronger ending would pushed it pass the threshold of just being one of the greatest cbms of all time, into the place where TDK sits, considered by many to be one of the greatest films of all time.

Last edited:
Logan is much overated IMO. First half was a masterpiece, the second was **** with the childrens, the family (everyone knows that they will all die..)

Well there's room for everyone's opinion. To me, Deadpool was funny but really didn't do a lot for me otherwise - after a while the 4th wall breaks just get old. But I've never really been a fan of the character.

As for Logan, there are only 2 things that make TDK a better film - and Logan has a much stronger 2nd act than TDK -

My 2 complaints are that 1) the villains are pretty average (against the best cbm villain to date in TDK, arguably one of the best movie villains of all time)

2) I found the ending just a little too bleak. I have no problems with him dying, but plenty of films where the hero dies at the end , after a heroic sacrifice, have uplifting endings ( e.g. V for Vendetta, Gladiator.....)

In comparison Batman is screwed, but not dead, at the end of TDK, but the ending is still uplifting. I don't need a happy ending, but I like to walk out of a film on an up note, rather than a downer ( Empire Strikes Back being an exception because a sequel was always coming). To me Logan is a better film than TDKR in every respect except for its ending. Nolan knows how to end a film for maximum emotional payoff.

Someone in a Logan thread suggested that a better ending would have been him riding/walking/staggering off into the sunset (like at the end of Shane) where its ambiguous whether he lives or dies. To me that would have been better, but that's just me.

I think if that Logan had had a more uplifting ending it would have increased its overall appeal and possibly could have propelled it into serious award contention. It was a huge critical success, but I think that a stronger ending would pushed it pass the threshold of just being one of the greatest cbms of all time, into the place where TDK sits, considered by many to be one of the greatest films of all time.

Solid points. It's all good my friend, I respect your opinions. I'm just having some fun here. Great time to be a CBM fan. :up:

Logan is much overated IMO. First half was a masterpiece, the second was **** with the childrens, the family (everyone knows that they will all die..)

I didn't think they would all die. That surprised me. The movie had balls for sure.

Big hairy ones. Nothing metrosexual about this film.

Yeah everyone know they will die, stupid ********. Who needs kids? Why didn't he just ****ing kill every **** in the ****ing movie? Grr, that would've been adult, mother****er! :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"