Your favourite Die Hard "inspired" movies

No one's gonna say The Rock's Skyscraper? :o

9c4714b41a279580b6b34f184890f5c3.jpg

Under Siege is a guilty pleasure of mine and the sequel

Speed, Under Siege (even 2 is really fun), Cliffhanger spring to mind for sure.

1. Die Hard on a battleship, Under Siege
2. Die Hard in the White House, Olympus Has Fallen.
3. Die Hard with a kid, Home Alone

I guess you can add Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down to the list.
Yeah those 2 were due out later on in the year I made the thread, and I think Dredd and The Raid were just before.

Dave Batista has his own low budget Die Hard coming out soon. :woot:

No one's gonna say The Rock's Skyscraper? :o
Maybe it'll find a life on Blu Ray!

Under Siege is a guilty pleasure of mine and the sequel
I love Under Siege, easily Seagal's best movie and directed by Andrew Davis who directed The Fugitive.

Air Force One is one of the better ones.
The President being the actual action hero was definitely an interesting take as well.

The first Home Alone is a worthy addition too.

Nice to see Under Siege getting some love here.

that Bautista movie reminded me of that Van Damme movie Sudden Death lol

nothing will top speed die hard on a bus lol

LOL, Hard Rain. Talk about a movie everyone forgot about five minutes after it opened.

Anyway, I agree with Speed, Under Siege and The Rock; those are probably the best ones, IMO. Ironically Michael Bay hasn't made a good movie since The Rock, but at least he cracked the code of making a good Die Hard-style film that isn't a shameless rip-off.

I never saw Air Force One but I've heard good things. Although the premise of that movie seem really stupid now given who the president is, lol. Someone should do a parody called AIR FORCE ONE TWO in which Trump tries to stop terrorists from taking over his plane by bribing them.

Con Air, Toy Soldiers and Broken Arrow were all okay. Speed 2 was trash. Under Siege 2 was watchable but bad. Olympus Has Fallen was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. White House Down was also really bad but at least it knew it was a stupid movie, unlike Olympus. Sudden Death was really bad but I remember enjoying it back in the day.

I never saw Passenger 57. Was that one any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"