Your First Cell Phone— How Old Were You?

Shinobi Shaw

The Upstart Black King
Reaction score
My friends and I were talking about this, one of them was thinking of buying his 6 year old his first iPhone. I thought that was a little young but when I think about it I had my first one back when I was 10 in 2000.

488748F1-E546-4D4A-B3CE-0C0E73A4F34D.jpeg
Trusty StarTac lol.

What about you all?

Well I was an adult and married, but as I recall my kids had their first when they were about 12 and 9.

13 here. I got it because I was about to enter high school. Nokia flip phone. I loved it. My brother talked my dad into getting us Razrs when they were all the rage.

13 here. I got it because I was about to enter high school. Nokia flip phone. I loved it. My brother talked my dad into getting us Razrs when they were all the rage.

I loved my Razr. All the kids in high school either had those or those damn Sidekicks lol.

I loved my Razr. All the kids in high school either had those or those damn Sidekicks lol.
Mine was the mini blue one called a Krazr. Loved it.

moto-krzr.jpg

This was mine for a good 5-6 years before my Dad "upgraded" to a regular Razr. I pretty much went back to this after that.

I think I got my first one at 16 or 17. It was after 9/11...so the family could stay connected
Pretty much the same reason for me. I was 13 and it was right at the beginning of 2002. It was basic as could be, no texting and no games, not even Snake. I believe it was a Motorola. Phones have changed quite a bit nearly 19 years later but I still have the same cell number.

Pretty much the same reason for me. I was 13 and it was right at the beginning of 2002. It was basic as could be, no texting and no games, not even Snake. I believe it was a Motorola. Phones have changed quite a bit nearly 19 years later but I still have the same cell number.

Same.

17 because I was driving into Newark for college.

I think I got mine around 1990 or thereabouts at the tender age of 26... Motorola DynaTac 8000x. Yikes I am old. :awesome:

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

First phone, Nokia 8310 in 2001, no pic of it. I kept it a long time. I was 26.
Pics of my 2nd phone taken with my third phone (a smart phone !):
IMG_2149.JPG IMG_2150.JPG

The plastic pads melted nicely, fair amount of dust, a beauty :)

Would have been back in 1998/1999, so 23 or 24 at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"