Your first comic???

i think it was

vsw2-1.jpg

I don't remeber the numbers or what they were about but they were both from the late 80's and it was a superman comic AND a batman comic, I remeber I was in OK visiting my brother in the army and we went to this little mag. shop on base and there was a comic rack. I don't remeber what the superman comic was about or the batman comic but I do remeber some chick at the end with green eyes coming out of a bath room with a robe on and yelling because she found her bf dead or somthing. It's been awhile and I've smoked way to much pot since then to remeber this **** lol.

My first comicbook was the first original issue of X-Men when it had first been published in Sweden. It was an old one that my dad gave to me.
But the first one I bought myself was another X-Men issue where the X-Men where trapped in Mojoverse for the first time.

It was a superman comic, I forget the issue number...

The first comic I ever remember getting was a half-sized reprint of:

50744565482.2.gif

It was packaged with a Superman action figure that had a magnet in his chest that reacted with a kryptonite ring that was packaged with Lex Luthor. Bring the ring near Superman and it knocked him down. I was probably around 5 at the time, and this is what inspired my interest in comics.

The comic that turned me into a full-fledged comic collector was:

44007723690.22.gif

I saw this in a supermarket, thought it looked cool, and made my mom buy it for me. After reading it, I was hooked. The enormous scale of the story and the beautiful art left me in awe. To this day, Morrison's and Porter's JLA is my very favorite run in comics.

uncannyxmen422.jpg

Yes, I was a comic newbie and bought the 2nd issue of an arc. But it did the job of turning me into a full-fledged collector.

I've since moved on from the X-titles. However, no one ever truly forgets their "first."

austen was your first? ugh, I'm sorry man

Well my first comic was actually a booklet of the first issues of Hulk. I read and reread the book many times and the started collecting. But when I moved to Paris I gave it all away which was about a 1500 comic books. Mostly the Hulk and Spider Man.

My 1st comic? I have a bad memory but it was either a Barbie or Sonic The Hedgehog one that I got when I was about 8 or 9.

first comic was an issue of cloak and dagger (not sure what # but vol 2 i do believe) and a copy of classic x-men.... my sister gave them to me cause i kept bugging her to read hers..haha

I think the first one I read and Amazing Spider-Man issue somewhere around issue 100. It was my uncle's. He gave me a huge box of comics (mostly Marvel) from the 60's and 70's when I was about ten. I've been in love with comics ever since.

Okay, the first book I ever ever EVER got I can't remember what number it was, but it was X-force something. Then the next first was Man of steel #22. Then the first I got when I started collecting was either Uncanny x-men 453, X-men 166, Amazing spider-man 514, Spectacular (sp?) Spider-man v2 21, (i think) captain america 1, Iron man 89, then Iron man 1... let me stop because there is more. these where all dated either the end of 2004 to the begining of 2005. Also, there was flash 200 something, and JLA something... okay, let me stop.

I'm going to put the one I first remember getting, as it was the one that got me collecting comics. I bought a few when I was young, but then I got this as a gift a few years later, which got me into comics.
0352ot3.jpg

I think the first thing I got was all of the Batman: War Games issues.

Not the best start in the world, but eh. :o

The first one that I remember is not the first one that I had but it was the first meeting of the JLA and the JSA.

When I first started reading comics, I was only reading movie/game licensed stuff. Started with Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog (which I read religiously until I outgrew them), then later Dark Horse's Star Wars, Godzilla, and (my personal favorite) Aliens/Predator.

First actual superhero comic I got was Amazing Spider-Man. I couldn't tell you which issue it was, but it was part two of the first Carnage story (funny, because I loathe Carnage now) Didn't get into DC until my senior year of high school, when I borrowed a copy of Kingdom Come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"