Your honest rating for X3 if Prof. X and Cyclops had not died

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
Give your rating for X3 with the deaths of Cyclops and Professor X then give your rating without those deaths.

With the deaths = 6

Without the deaths = 7.5

and for reference I would rate X2 an 8 and X-men Origins a 4.

The deaths aren't the problem with the film. They are symptoms of the half-baked, obviously rushed script. Hard to say whether if the film would be any better if they had lived.

Actually if I could change the script, I would still let Professor X die in the film, but Cyclops, he should have been alive throughout the film.

I would have made three changes to the script:

-Instead of Jean Grey getting killed,I would have the Phoenix Force leaving Jean to the outer space(This would open up later ventures for Shiar Empire etc)

-Cyclops won't be killed.He would be found unconsciousness by Mr.Sinister(cameo appearance)

-Prof Xavier isn't killed.He would slip into coma and would later recover at the end.Prof Xavier would help in Phoenix Force leaving Jean.

I still rare the movie 7.5/10.It was a fun movie and showed how a CBM should be.

Scott was shortchanged but I thought Xaviers death was handled greatly.

Frankly i think X3 gets abit too much hate. It's not as bad as Elektra or Catwoman or Batman and Robin. It's about the same level as Iron Man 2 & 3

As followup to one of greatest comic book films ever the last stand totally fails.Yeah it's not elektra,catwoman or Batman & Robin but it's like Iron Man 2 and 3,and Spider-man 3,and the dark knight rises.Major disappointment in part due to what it followed.

Main bad thing for me, this movie was too short for so much story, not death of Cyclops.

Scott was shortchanged but I thought Xaviers death was handled greatly.

Frankly i think X3 gets abit too much hate. It's not as bad as Elektra or Catwoman or Batman and Robin.

I agree 100% with that. I dug Xaviers death and theres no way X3 is as bad as Catwoman or Elektra.
It's about the same level as Iron Man 2 & 3
That I disagree with. Maybe IM2.

Im gonna say I give X3 a 6.5 or 7 without the death of Cyc. I think it's a solid popcorn flick that still carries the themes of the previous films fairly well. I really dug Beast, Kitty, the Soundtrack, teamwork in battle, the energy and the tone of the film feels more like the books, comedy works better then the previous etc. Lot of fun moments as well as angering.

Last edited:
The last stand,SPider-man 3,and Iron Man 3 are all disappointing 3rd films.Iron Man 3 Is
defently my least favorate of these 3.Being a X-Man fan last stand would my favorate of
these 3 but as followup to X2 last stand Is major disappointment.

The problem with the film wasn't in Xavier's death it was in Cyclops'. I would change the script so that more time is placed on the emotional states of not only Jean but the three people closest to her Xavier (father like mentor), Cyclops (Fiancé) and Storm (Best Friend).
I would take out the cure completely as well and insert the hellfire club.

And of course Fox would have none of it cause there wouldn't be much room for Wolverine.

X3 is a 5.5-6/10 film.

The deaths aren't the problem with the film. They are symptoms of the half-baked, obviously rushed script. Hard to say whether if the film would be any better if they had lived.
This.

if Cyclops didnt die, then Id need to know what more scenes he would have had, to rate the movie.

Same with Charles. Their non deaths would have lead to new scenes by then, so... my rating would depend on those scenes, their quality and duration

It would still have been a big fat F for butchering the Dark Phoenix Saga, having Jean stand around doing nothing for most of the film, the pointless cameos, and making Magneto look like an idiot.

Maybe 6 or 7 (rather than 5).

I think Cyclops dying was a huge problem. Also just too many random mutants. Callisto, Spike and Psylocke and even Angel were all next to unnecessary. At most they were badly utilized.

I actually like the concept for Phoenix. But I agree with Loki above that she needed some dialogue. ANY dialogue lol. I even like the cure concept. EVEN the dual plots was okay with me. The movie couldve been a 7/10 if it just wasn't so messy.

It's a good thing X-3 showed so many different mutants.I have always loved when many mutants and their powers are shown.That was my biggest complaint with The Wolverine.The thing I like about X-Men is it has so many different characters unlike Spidey/Bats.The Wolverine should have had many mutants(not too powerful) trying to kill Wolverine and Wolverine battling with them.

Even though Origins wasn't good,I loved the fact it showcased many characters such as Blob,Gambit,Deadpool(initially),a young Cyclops,Silverfox,Bradley,Agent Zero,the younger Emma Frost and a cameo from Charles Xavier.On the other hand,The Wolverine had just Yukio(her powers weren't greatly shown),Viper and Jean.

Last edited:
From one and a half stars to two and a half stars .
Even without the deaths , its a very chaotic movie .

Exactly. There were some many flaws with the film. Even having those characters survive wouldn't make it a ton better in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"