Your military opinion?

Oh, ya... :o I've been in the Marines and I loved it, and I strongly encourage everyone at the age of 18 to either spend a few years in some branch of the military, or join the Peace Corps, or some kind of social work program designed to help the American people in some way or another.

I hate the way people pretend to love everybody and anybody who's in the military.

Not everyone in the military deserves absolute praise and adoration. Some are complete a-holes. The only reason people "support our troops" is because it's popular to do so.

I support the military on a person to person basis. Some service members I support. Others I couldn't care less about.

blind_fury said:
I hate the way people pretend to love everybody and anybody who's in the military.

Not everyone in the military deserves absolute praise and adoration. Some are complete a-holes. The only reason people "support our troops" is because it's popular to do so.

I support the military on a person to person basis. Some service members I support. Others I couldn't care less about.

I'd say giving the American military organization praise and admiration is worthy... but ya, just like in real life, I prefer to take people on a case by case basis...

Why am I supposed to admire the servicemembers in my country's military as opposed to Canada's military or Japan's military? Are the people in my country's military better human beings than those in the other militaries?

blind_fury said:
Why am I supposed to admire the servicemembers in my country's military as opposed to Canada's military or Japan's military? Are the people in my country's military better human beings than those in the other militaries?

You were born without the part of the brain that processes common sense werent you?:huh:

Darthphere said:
You were born without the part of the brain that processes common sense werent you?:huh:
Answer the question, IF YOU DARE!

blind_fury said:
Answer the question, IF YOU DARE!

Because theyre your countries military.:huh:

If a bomb went off and your mom died, but 25 other moms died. Which do you care about? No bull**** response.

Darthphere said:
If a bomb went off and your mom died, but 25 other moms died. Which do you care about? No bull**** response.
Stacy's.:csad:

Darthphere said:
Because theyre your countries military.:huh:

So you admit it's a simplistic and primal response to "support your troops" simply because they protect your physical needs. That's ok if you're 5 years old but for adults ones thinking should be a little more sophisticated.

blind_fury said:
So you admit it's a simplistic and primal response to "support your troops" simply because they protect your physical needs. That's ok if you're 5 years old but for adults ones thinking should be a little more sophisticated.

Actually its not simplistic at all. Its an emotional thing. Fact is, why shoudl i care about the mexican army? or the German army? or the french army? Simply put, its my countries military suffering casulaties over there, even if I disagree with the war, that doesnt change the fact that my countrymen are getting killed and ****ed up over there. And at the same time, I can feel bad for other countries troops or situations, and if I choose to, I can support them, but my country comes first.

And you didnt actually answer the question. If a bomb went off, your mom dies, and 25 other people's moms die as well, who do you care about the most?

The Mom example doesn't make sense. I know my Mom better than I know other people's Mom's. You generally don't know your country's service members any better than other countries service members. You simply like or admire them more because you happen to live in the country whose interest they serve. It's really a selfish, knee-jerk response.

blind_fury said:
The Mom example doesn't make sense. I know my Mom better than I know other people's Mom's. You generally don't know your country's service members any better than other countries service members. You simply like or admire them more because you happen to live in the country whose interest they serve. It's really a selfish, knee-jerk response.

I honestly believe you were dropped on your head at a very early age.

Petty insults huh? That's a good indication you have a weak argument.

Also Active Duty Navy and man, I love it. Been all around the world, seen a bunch of cool stuff. The hardest part is leaving your family, but they are why I joined, to protect them. As with any type of organization there are god and bad people, good and bad leaders and good and bad decisions. I love serving our country and while we (as military members) might not have a direct say on who we work for, the bottom line is we are here to protect and serve. Military life is not easy or always fun, but like most things in life, its what you make of it.

blind_fury said:
Petty insults huh? That's a good indication you have a weak argument.

Actually no. Your argument is without merit, and its sad, because most of your other arguments are the same way. Tell me, do you care about the Spanish army, or the Belgian army? Do you have a reason to care about them? Are they fighting for you? Are they dying for you? Your argument has no standing, its just more of Blind_Fury hates America which got old about 3 months ago.

Darthphere said:
Actually no. Your argument is without merit, and its sad, because most of your other arguments are the same way. Tell me, do you care about the Spanish army, or the Belgian army? Do you have a reason to care about them? Are they fighting for you? Are they dying for you? Your argument has no standing, its just more of Blind_Fury hates America which got old about 3 months ago.
Blind_Fury loves everybody.

Snikt 6 said:
Also Active Duty Navy and man, I love it. Been all around the world, seen a bunch of cool stuff. The hardest part is leaving your family, but they are why I joined, to protect them. As with any type of organization there are god and bad people, good and bad leaders and good and bad decisions. I love serving our country and while we (as military members) might not have a direct say on who we work for, the bottom line is we are here to protect and serve. Military life is not easy or always fun, but like most things in life, its what you make of it.

same here im a QM1

Darthphere said:
What about a bumper sticker that says "I support American military operations because they protect my interest" instead of "I support the troops" sticker?

It's more honest isn't it? After all you don't support the troops on a personal level. You support them because they're basically your "home security system". Not because you luv them soo much. :heart:

blind_fury said:
It's more honest isn't it? After all you don't support the troops on a personal level. You support them because they're basically your "home security system". Not because you luv them soo much. :heart:
You love your parents (I assume) for alot of reasons. But when you were a kid, didn't you love them for protecting you?

Well if you have a security guard who you never met, you could say you support him in a superficial way but not in a personal, meaningful way.

blind_fury said:
Well if you have a security guard who you never met, you could say you support him in a superficial way but not in a personal, meaningful way.
Ok let's looks at it this way:

Superman is real. Superman saves countless lives etc etc. You've never met him. Would you love/support him?

That's the problem. The military is faceless so you can't support it on a personal level.

It's like saying you love God. You can't love someone/something you never met.

People love the idea of the military, not the military itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"