Your Ps4 updates wishlist thread

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
So, as our fellow tron bonne has his brilliant "xbone games" thread in the Microsoft section, I see it fitting to have a thread dedicated to the software features and updates we Ps4 owners will wish and hope for, that will be delivered in the near future.

The purpose of this thread here is to avoid some derailment in the official Ps4 thread. If I recall there were people complaining about people complaining about a lack of features on the Ps4.

Well the truth is, the Ps4 is lacking a LOT of features, and I'm sure there are a lot we can share and talk about that we want.

So to kick things off: I thought of this thread today because I thought after browsing through the (very limited) themes available on the Ps4, although I didn't like or play the game much, I like the theme music in Destiny, so I chose that theme. I like that theme way more than the regular Ps4 music anyways. BUT, I don't want Destiny as my wallpaper.

So my first wish is to have the UI be more customizable. Like, I'll use the Destiny music theme but I'd like to pick my own background. FYI, this was a thing on the Ps3 (... that is absent on the Ps4, among many others).

Let's talk.

1. Backwards compatibility with PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games. While backwards compatibility for PlayStation 3 games is a pipe dream thanks to the radically different hardware, there really is no excuse for PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games because the hardware is powerful enough to offer great emulation of those games. And considering how old the games are, it's not like Sony is really hurting themselves by offering it other than getting some good PR and boosting the PlayStation 4's bragging rights of having a games library that includes PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 4 games.

2. UI customization - X Knight said it far more elegantly than I did. I would like the ability to organize content with folders, be able to determine the placement of content and apps on the home bar, change backgrounds, etc.

3. Media features that the PlayStation 3 has, there really is no excuse that the PlayStation 4 does not support DLNA, MP3, and CD support.

4. More media apps - The PlayStation 4 should really catch up with the Xbox One in terms of media apps (like Spotify, Pandora, various TV channels, etc).

5. Skype support - Microsoft has demonstrated that they don't care what platform their services are on, Sony should take advantage of that

Last edited:
ooh!! I won't get into trouble in this thread??!!

then......

1. Same media playback features as the PS3 ( music, video, picture, DLNA ) plus the ability to store media files directly on hdd. Plus CD playback.

2. More UI customization - The ability to change your background with your own images. The ability to organize content with folders. The ability to "pin" your favorite content/apps on the home bar so they'll remain in the same place.

3. Ability to use the premium avatars sold on the PSN Store for the PS3.

4. The ability to TURN OFF THE LIGHT BAR if we don't want it on.

agreed with X Knight..
plus
more stabilty for pstv..even with 25 meg it glitches,but it is through a powerline adapter...that could be why?
ability to take off items i dont want on the bar,i just want my games up there...dont use nothing else
ability to use external harddrive would be nice

ooh!! I won't get into trouble in this thread??!!

then......

You weren't doing anything wrong x. You weren't supposed to get in "trouble" in the first place. Anyways, I made a short post about some of the stuff I want, here

rumor: button mapping and suspend/resume coming
B_cp3wEU0AE2XUR.jpg:orig

What is button mapping supposed to do for you? Give you quicker ways of starting programs? Turning the system off?

It lets you decide what buttons do what in games. I've played quite a few games where I wish I could map my own buttons (have melee attack be another button). That's actually a pretty cool and surprisingly easy to implement feature.

It's safe to say with PS Now, they will never make another backwards compatible system.

It lets you decide what buttons do what in games. I've played quite a few games where I wish I could map my own buttons (have melee attack be another button). That's actually a pretty cool and surprisingly easy to implement feature.
Oh wow, that's actually pretty cool. Usually I just get used to whatever controls the game has but that could come in handy :up:.

my list:

streaming media from PC
ability to turn off DS4 controller light
media support from external drive like flash drive
telling when a friend signs on or off
support for PS3's blue tooth remote

PS3's level of UI customization with Xbox's pinning
Return of PS Home

The only real feature I want for the PS4 is the ability to watch movies from a external hard drive other than that I think Sony has delivered most of what they promised even though it took a really long time... Also I really want a official PS4 remote when I watch a Blu Ray

yeah those 2 are probably the highest on my list. currently I use the PS4 for games only and use the PS3 for blu ray and netflix and stuff. IF they ever add those types of features to the PS4 I will move the PS3 to the other room.

Last edited:
Okay, so the toro theme is no longer japanese exclusive and I have it now. But, I want to be able to still change the background color if the swivly line is still going to show up inside of the tabs. It automatically goes blue. I hate it.

The Ps3 always allowed you to combine themes. In that, I mean use different parts of different themes.

so, there's been a campaign started with the hashtag, better psn.

i don't think it'll do anything but who knows.

It would really be great if you could use one of your screenshots as the home screen wallpaper. I'm surprised such a simple function wasn't available from the get-go. (Unless I'm missing something super obvious...?)

sweet pity its too damn late for a lot of games that people want custom soundtracks to

certain games like the MK and wwe series on ps3 allowed people to use mp3 stored on usb for the in game music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"