YOUR Sandman Fight

the Firestarter said:
i kinda like the idea of sandman fighting spidey at coney island. what better place in the city for sand. (jones beach is a little too far from the city... and it doesn't have some of the bigger landmarks that coney island has.) they could take the fight on the parachute jump, wonder wheel, and cyclone. spidey could be tossed into nathan's famous hot dog stand... and there sandman could slip away through the planks in the boardwalk.

wasn't times square (gotham square) done in batman? if not we should save it for electro, central park for craven the hunter (or the symbiote landing), the bronx zoo for the lizard, & the world's fair unisphere dome for mysterio.

I like the way you're thinking!

cmill216 said:
I agree with you guys that in terms of practicality it's a good spot. But keep in mind that a great battle isn't just about the characters fighting, it's also about the surroundings. The Times Square Battle, Bank Battle, and Train Scene are all great sequences because of all of the environment and chaos in the scene. There's not gonna be too much of a crowd at a construction site (except for maybe some workers).

^What if they start fighting there,then spidey is knocked off the buidling and lands in a dumptruck that is carrying sand.Maybe there could be more than one dumptruck.

Then you can take the battle to where more people are.A freeway,the city streets,etc.

GoldGoblin said:
^What if they start fighting there,then spidey is knocked off the buidling and lands in a dumptruck that is carrying sand.Maybe there could be more than one dumptruck.

Then you can take the battle to where more people are.A freeway,the city streets,etc.

True...but then it'd be structurally just like the Clock Tower/Train Battle (spidey falls off building and onto train with people).

The reason I am SO Coney Island is because it hasn't been done before, and it offers SO many possibilities.

cmill216 said:
True...but then it'd be structurally just like the Clock Tower/Train Battle (spidey falls off building and onto train with people).

The reason I am SO Coney Island is because it hasn't been done before, and it offers SO many possibilities.

^That is true.

You know the enviroment has to be a place that gives a sense of danger for the people around and for the structures that could become projectiles to the civilians, but more so it has to serve the story in the sense that it most serve both sandman's and spidey's powers, so a place with some structures in which spidey can swing but the things most important about the fight is really the choreography of it, they have to find a way to use the soroundings and make them part of the story. but my worry is how a fight with sandman will work onscreen, I mean GG , Doc ock are made of flesh, but how can the fight work when the villain is made of sand? how is spidey gonna hurt him at least a bit? I hope not by throwing water at him, I know they will find ways to make it look great and work onscreen.

superkong 500 said:
You know the enviroment has to be a place that gives a sense of danger for the people around and for the structures that could become projectiles to the civilians, but more so it has to serve the story in the sense that it most serve both sandman's and spidey's powers

Exactly. That's why Times Square was chosen in the first film because it could showcase the aerial battle between GG and Spidey as well as their physical strength on the ground.

Fighting on the side of the building in SM2 served both Ock and Spidey, and the same can be said of the train.

For this film, I can picture Spidey swinging through the gaps of a ferris wheel or roller coaster while dodging projectiles and trying to protect civilians from falling debris (and parts of the rides).

cmill216 said:
For this film, I can picture Spidey swinging through the gaps of a ferris wheel or roller coaster while dodging projectiles and trying to protect civilians from falling debris (and parts of the rides).

Bingo!! One of the coolest scenes from SM2 was used in the trailer when Spidey swung between the truck and trailer. So many great opportunities to do likewise in an amusement park setting, not to mention I can just envision parallels between Sandman's movement and that of a roller coaster. Spare no expense on the CG in this one!!! Sandman may not be the greatest Spidey villain in the comics, but with the tech advances in CGI (think of how Cameron used water in "The Abyss"), and this has the potential to be an outstanding battle.

I've posted this pic elsewhere, but since we are on the topic, I'll do it again. This is what I want Sandman to look like:

Sandman.JPG

They COULD have it where a gigantic exhibit is being featured in the New York Museum of Natural History (lots of neat potential there), and this exhibit JUST SO HAPPENS to be an Egyptian-themed one...;)

If Sandman has the petty thug motive, he could simply be after a rare headdress or jeweled object of some sort, and the sand in the exhibit displays could easily serve as body fuel. :)

Plus, like I said, that museum would be a definitely cool place to stage a battle. :up: Screaming civilians, tons of unique props, cavernous indoor quarters...I mentally drool just picturing it!

(Yeah, I got this idea from reading some Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child novels recently...:o)

not crazy about yankee stadium as a battleground. it's a bit limiting. besides, since peter & most of the characters are coming from queens you know that they would haveta be mets fans. (shea stadium is in flushing meadows park, queens.)

Central Park, Coney Island, and maybe a construction yard.

Fight 1: Peter tracks Flint down to his hideout in Coney Island, Brooklyn.
Flint is hiding out in one of the sideshow buildings off the boardwalk. perhaps he runs a freak show. Spidey confronts Flint. Flint creates a giant hammer & hits spidey knocking him through the tent wall. the battle continues on the boardwalk. sandman hides in a fun house / house of mirrors but spidey follows him. spidey uses his spidersense to find him amongst the mirrors. sandman then throws spidey into one of the consession stands (i.e., nathans or one of the shooting arcade games). spidey gets up & chases sandman. he sends a web toward the cyclone rollercoaster and pulls himself up. sandman jumps into one of the cars & a battle on the rollercoaster ensues putting people in danger. sandman breaks off part of the track & spidey has to save people with his webs by making a bridge. spidey sends a web up to the parachute jump & swings from it. creates a giant net & pulls sandman up appearing to trap him. sandman forms a scissor with his hands and cuts a hole in the web. he drops down through the netting as a sand cloud & blends in with the beach below. spidey goes down to the beach to investigate only for sandman to come up from the sand and give him a powerful blow knocking him into the ocean. when spidey climbs to shore sandman is gone.

Fight 2: Manhattan
Symbiote Spidey finds Flint & they engage in battle. symbiote gives sandman a wooping. sandman hides amongst a large construction site. they battle with spidey hanging off girders & sandman being able to hide in sandpiles. eventually spidey throws sandman into a concrete mixer & the battle appears to be won. however, sandman busts out of the mixing truck and again confronts spidey. spidey grabs a flame welder and superheats sandman turning him to glass from the neck down. sandman pleads for mercy... but the symbiote pulls a girder with his web and gleefully tosses it at him shattering sandman into a million pieces.

well wherever the sandman battle takes place, im pretty sure Topher will be right in the battle with spidey and sandman.

Spider-Man vs. Sandman vs. Venom :up:

Spiderman114.JPG

I like the Coney Island idea... a fight at an amusement park would be awesome. Imagine all of the rides they could climb and put into it.

The think I said about Yankees/Mets stadium, I know it's not the best fight scene but it sure can be a funny one

NoirMan82 said:
I wanna see them fight in an old gym like Sandam's 1st appearence in the comics. Then Spidey sucks him up in a vacuum cleaner!

PLEASE NO VACUUMS!:eek:
you mean to tell me he can't just bust out of the vacuunm:confused:
it was ok for a comic, but for the movie, they better not:mad:

Sean Adisano said:
PLEASE NO VACUUMS!:eek:
you mean to tell me he can't just bust out of the vacuunm:confused:
it was ok for a comic, but for the movie, they better not:mad:

Well you can have Spidey vacuum Sandman up and have him think "Well that was easy," then have Sandman bust out of the vacuum, and have a swirling mass of sand all around Spidey only to have it reform into Sandman with Spidey inside him.

Just a thought.

I am Batman said:
Well you can have Spidey vacuum Sandman up and have him think "Well that was easy," then have Sandman bust out of the vacuum, and have a swirling mass of sand all around Spidey only to have it reform into Sandman with Spidey inside him.

Just a thought.

Good Grief... Shoot me now!!!!!

I think final battle should happen at an airport.

an adaptation of the original vacuum idea would be to have sandman pass through a working gas turbine engine being sucked through (since spidey can stick down, he'll use all his strength to resist)

with the high temperaturatures and the vacuum like action occuring, sandy would come through on the other side as shades of glass or some kinda super heated silicon based creature. or at the very least it should make him be able to deform his body, but not be able separate into individual strands of sand so he has to remain a single entity.

Amazing Spidey said:
well wherever the sandman battle takes place, im pretty sure Topher will be right in the battle with spidey and sandman.

Spider-Man vs. Sandman vs. Venom :up:

Spiderman114.JPG

Minus the venom.

November Rain said:
I think final battle should happen at an airport.

an adaptation of the original vacuum idea would be to have sandman pass through a working gas turbine engine being sucked through (since spidey can stick down, he'll use all his strength to resist)

with the high temperaturatures and the vacuum like action occuring, sandy would come through on the other side as shades of glass or some kinda super heated silicon based creature. or at the very least it should make him be able to deform his body, but not be able separate into individual strands of sand so he has to remain a single entity.
Genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"