The Dark Knight Your teaser trailer :

WelshMan

Civilian
Reaction score
Not sure when we're gonna get the teaser (or what movie it'll be attached to) but hopefully it wont be too long! , Just wondering what kind of teaser trailer you guys would wanna see.
Looking again at the teaser for Begins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5aSmVJIj20), im guessing they'll take a similar sort of approach - a narrative over some quick-flash images from the movie.
I would personally like a voice-over from Gary Oldman as Gordon basically describing the situation with The Joker, having some quick shots of the characters from the film.
Anyway, My idea for the teaser goes like this :

• After the DC logo, have a black screen with Gordon speaking. Have him say something like "We've got nothing on this guy......."
  • Cut to a black and white shot of Gordon at a murder scene. Two dead bodies on the floor infront of him, he leans down to look at them in horror as they lie in pools of their own blood......with manic grins on their faces.
  • Continue the voice-over - "....no name........no M.O......"
  • Gordon notices something in the top pocket of one of the victims. A playing card.
  • Voice-over finishes with - "All we've got are these cards...."
  • Gordon turns over the card........A Joker.
  • A quick flash - show some shots of Batman jumping over roof-tops,driving the tumbler, throwing a batarang,etc...a couple of quick shots of Alfred, Lucius fox, rachel,etc.
  • cut to black - a different voice-over - Batman - "He's insane......we have to stop him"
  • cut to black......then BANG!......a flash of Ledger copying the below image and manic, continuous, horrifying laughter
    2949.jpg
    then fade the laughter out and fade to black. "The Dark Knight 2008".
There we go, thats the best i can do. Whose got better?????:wow:

What grabs my goat is the fact that all these teasers described are all about the Joker. Very little Batman. The teaser needs to be about Batman, not the Joker.

What grabs my goat is the fact that all these teasers described are all about the Joker. Very little Batman. The teaser needs to be about Batman, not the Joker.

But Batman is boring the joker is exciting.

Quick Flashes of DC Logo followed by bat screeches and WB logo.

Shot of a black screen with the voice over:
Jim Gordon: And what about escalation?
Batman: Escalation?
Jim Gordon: We carry semi-automatics, they buy automatics. We start wearing Kevlar, they buy armor-piercing rounds...
Batman: And?
Jim Gordon: You're wearing a cape and jumping off rooftops... now take this guy. Armed robbery, double homicide. Has a taste for the theatrical, like you. Leaves a calling card.
Batman: I'll look into it.

Shot of Batman gliding over Gotham.

Shot of Batman punching out a thug.

Alfred and Bruce: Master Wayne, I fear you've been consumed by this monster of yours.

Action shots with the tumbler, quick shots of Fox, Rachel and Alfred.

Bruce voice over: Gotham needs me.

Gordon and Batman standing on the roof.

Gordon: I'd like to introduce you to a friend. We're going to need him if we're going to take down this... joker.

Dent steps out of the shadows.

Quick shot of a gloved hand holding a joker card.

Insane Laughter.

Summer 2008

What if the whole bank robbery shooting going down right now is just for the teaser? Wouldn't that be great?
Afterall they did something simulair with the first Spider-man.

just practicing a little screenwriting, but here's the teaser i'd want to see.

FADE IN -

The WB LOGO passes though a wall of clouds.

INT. GOTHAM NATIONAL BANK

A SCHOOL BUS CRASHES through the cement wall. Two SECURITY GUARDS unholster their guns, aiming at the bus. LAUGHING comes from inside.
CUT TO BLACK
A GUNSHOT

GORDON (V.O.)
Armed robbery, double homicide...

Another one follows and we...
FADE TO:

CLOSE ON: The guards lay dead in POOLS OF THEIR OWN BLOOD. Laughter echoes throughout the bank lobby. Shadows pass over the bodies, but one stops.

A PALE HAND dips a finger into a puddle of blood and draws a CLOWNISH SMILE on one of the guard's faces like a little kid doing some fingerpainting.

A PLAYING CARD is flicked over the guard's eyes.

JOKER (V.O.)
It's not polite to stare...(bursts out laughing)

FADE TO:
EXT. GOTHAM CENTRAL POLICE DEPARTMENT - ROOFTOP

LIEUTENANT JAMES GORDON hands an evidence bag to someone O.C.

GORDON (cont'd)
...Leaves a calling card.

A GLOVED HAND turns the bag over to reveal a JOKER PLAYING CARD.

BATMAN looks O.C. at Gordon and nods.

BATMAN
I'll look into it.

FADE TO BLACK as MANIACAL LAUGHTER fills the air.

FADE IN AND OUT IN SEQUENCE

"THE DARK KNIGHT"

"SUMMER 2008"

I think the teaser will be attached to Harry Potter on July 14th..

-TNC

just practicing a little screenwriting, but here's the teaser i'd want to see.

FADE IN -

The WB LOGO passes though a wall of clouds.

INT. GOTHAM NATIONAL BANK

A SCHOOL BUS CRASHES through the cement wall. Two SECURITY GUARDS unholster their guns, aiming at the bus. LAUGHING comes from inside.
CUT TO BLACK
A GUNSHOT

GORDON (V.O.)
Armed robbery, double homicide...

FADE TO:

CLOSE ON: The guards lay dead in POOLS OF THEIR OWN BLOOD. Laughter echoes throughout the bank lobby. Shadows pass over the bodies, but one stops.

A PALE HAND dips a finger into a puddle of blood and draws a CLOWNISH SMILE on one of the guard's faces like a little kid doing some fingerpainting.

A PLAYING CARD is flicked over the guard's eyes.

JOKER (V.O.)
It's not polite to stare...(bursts out laughing)

FADE TO:
EXT. GOTHAM CENTRAL POLICE DEPARTMENT - ROOFTOP

LIEUTENANT JAMES GORDON hands an evidence bag to someone O.C.

GORDON (cont'd)
...Leaves a calling card.

A GLOVED HAND turns the bag over to reveal a JOKER PLAYING CARD.

BATMAN looks O.C. at Gordon and nods.

BATMAN
I'll look into it.

FADE TO BLACK as MANIACAL LAUGHTER fills the air.

FADE IN AND OUT IN SEQUENCE

"THE DARK KNIGHT"

"SUMMER 2008"

GORDAN

Long pause.

BATMAN
...We what?

GORDAN
...We... Sorry. I, lost my train of thought.​

I like your idea WelshMan, though it's a bit Joker centered.

You lie Mrs. Parkle!

fair enough, but i suppose i should offer a counter-argument seeing as arguing is what people do best on the HYPE!.
My argument is quite simple - we've seen Batman, we had him for 2+ hours in begins and yes, i do want to see more of him. Theres only one character im dying to see in TDK though and thats the joker, i seriously have'nt been this stoked about seeing a character on screen since they first announced the first x-men movie!
Hence the reason why i think the teaser should be strongly joker-orientated : hes the guy i wanna see :wow:

I like your idea WelshMan, though it's a bit Joker centered.

You lie Mrs. Parkle!

fair enough, but i suppose i should offer a counter-argument seeing as arguing is what people do best on the HYPE!.
My argument is quite simple - we've seen Batman, we had him for 2+ hours in begins and yes, i do want to see more of him. Theres only one character im dying to see in TDK though and thats the joker, i seriously have'nt been this stoked about seeing a character on screen since they announced the first x-men movie!
Hence the reason why i think the teaser should be strongly joker-orientated : hes the guy i wanna see :wow:

oops , double-post........just keep on ignoring me fellas :oldrazz:

My teaser trailer would probably star with shot of all the bats swarming around at dawn, like the beginning of Batman Begins, because it means only one thing: THE DARK KNIGHT IS BACK! Then have shots of Batman doing Batman stuff, maybe a new cave shot, Batman getting beat up by the Joker, Batman, Gordon and Dent shot on the rooftop. Then an iconica Batman pose with a Joker laugh in the background. Music has to be from the movie. Then the title, the release date. Simple, I know. But it would definitely do the trick.

WB logo. DC Comics logo.

Black.

GORDON(O.S.)
What about escalation?

BATMAN(O.S.)
Escalation?

Fade in-

EXT. GOTHAM NATIONAL BANK -- DAY

A suburban SPEEDS down the street toward the front entrance of the bank. SCREECHES to a halt.

GORDON(O.S.)
You know, we start carrying semi-automatics, they buy automatics.

Four Thugs in Clown masks PILE out of the suburban, brandishing automatic rifles.

GORDON(O.S.)(CONT'D)
We start wearing kevlar, they buy armor-piercing rounds...

INT. GOTHAM NATIONAL BANK, LOBBY -- CONTINUOUS

A SHOT rings through the air, tellers and customers scream. A Bank Guard wearing a kevlar vest FALLS to the ground.

Cut To:

EXT. GOTHAM POLICE HEADQUARTERS, ROOFTOP -- NIGHT

Batman responds to Gordon who is off-screen.

BATMAN
And?

Cut to Gordon.

GORDON
You're wearing a cape, jumping off rooftops...

Cut To:

A figure in a black costume with a cape, seemingly like Batman's yet different, GLIDES down a zip-line from an adjacent high-rise toward an upper floor window of the Bank.

Cut to:

Gordon reaches into his coat pocket, pulls something out off screen-

GORDON
Now take this guy... Armed robbery...

Cut To:

INT. GOTHAM NATIONAL BANK, LOBBY -- DAY

The Joker, his face covered in a Clown mask, points a .45 calibre glock at a frightened Bank Manager.

GORDON(O.S.)(CONT'D)
...Double homicide...

Cut To:

INT. JEWELRY SHOP -- NIGHT

The place is RANSACKED, display cases shattered opened. Cops are all over the scene, collecting forensic evidence.

A FLASH from a camera and an investigator steps aside, revealing two dead bodies side-by-side.

GORDON(O.S.)(CONT'D)
Has a taste for the theatrical, like you...

Cut To:

A yellow School Bus CRASHES through the outside wall of the Bank.

GORDON(O.S.)(CONT'D)
...leaves a calling card.

Cut To:

INT. JEWELRY SHOP -- NIGHT

Two sickening SMILES carved into their faces.

Cut To:

INT. GOTHAM NATIONAL BANK, LOBBY -- DAY

From Behind:
The Joker holds the glock, aimed at the distressed Bank Manager. A look of desperate resolution comes over the Manager's face.

BANK MANAGER
Do you have any idea who you're stealing from?

One of The Joker's goons KNOCKS OUT a frantic female bank teller with the butt of his rifle.

Back to our P.O.V. from behind The Joker. He tears off his mask. The Bank Manager is horrified.

Close-up: Slightly bloated and weathered CRIMSON lips flash a grin. The grin of a psychopath.

Back to the Manager.

THE JOKER(O.S.)
It's not polite to stare.

The screen goes BLACK. We hear a gun shot off-screen.

Cut To:

Batman looks up from examining The Joker card.

BATMAN
I'll look into it.

Black. The Dark Knight logo. Superimposed: 'July 2008'.

My creation. The audio is a tad off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeYBfYaVXWA

thats sweet, i like the ending of it.

a teaser trailer is exactly that, a tease... so if anything, i would do one of these.

wb crest and dc comic logo

black screen-

*jokers laugh* long and drawn out, on the boarder of uncontrolable. fadeing out as if he is walking away from the mic.
fade in a july or summer 2008 inside of the bat sign. whole thing lasting about 10-15 seconds

it'd have to be a real one from the movie or one they made specifically for the trailer (not a audio clip form something else, obviously)

OR

alfred walking down a gigantic flight of stairs that are poorly lit or covered in shadow. the stairs end in the batcave (although you don't know it yet). he walks past a small desk, on which it has the joker playing card still in the evidence bag. he continues walking and stops along side of bruce wayne. the camera rotates so you can see them standing side by side.

alfred "the southwest corner... quite a bueat"
(2 second pause)
bruce "...yes"

camera pans out and rotates to reveal the new and fully rebuilt batcave.
black screen
fade in july or summer of 2008 inside of or below the batsign

whole trailer taking only 45 seconds or so

thats sweet, i like the ending of it.

a teaser trailer is exactly that, a tease... so if anything, i would do one of these.

black screen-

*jokers laugh* long and drawn out, on the boarder of uncontrolable. fadeing out as if he is walking away from the mic.
fade in a july or summer 2008 inside of the bat sign. whole thing lasting about 10-15 seconds

it'd have to be a real one from the movie or one they made specifically for the trailer (not a audio clip form something else, obviously)

OR

alfred walking down a gigantic flight of stairs that are poorly lit or covered in shadow. the stairs end in the batcave (although you don't know it yet). he walks past a small desk, on which it has the joker playing card still in the evidence bag. he continues walking and stops along side of bruce wayne. the camera rotates so you can see them standing side by side.

alfred "the southwest corner... quite a bueat"
(2 second pause)
bruce "...yes"

camera pans out and rotates to reveal the new and fully rebuilt batcave.
black screen
fade in july or summer of 2008 inside of or below the batsign

whole trailer taking only 45 seconds or so

both of those a pretty cool, for the Joker one though id like to see him, even if its a quick flash image or even just the side of his face. :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"