Your top 5 DC graphic novels...

Not read many DC and these three were read very recently so they stick in the mind more, I do plan on reading more DC but there don't seem to be many interesting ones out, it's a very Batman/Superman/New 52 saturated market I find when i'm looking, so any suggestions would be very welcome.

Kingdom Come
Black Adam Dark Age
Injustice

Go for
Blackest Night
Superman/Batman trades (most are really good)
JSA & Justice Society trades
JLA: Tornadoes Path & Lightning Saga
Power Girl by Amanda Conner
Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia
Wonder Woman by George Perez
Power of SHAZAM
All Star Superman
Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity
JLA: Heaven's Ladder
Justice League: A New Beginning
J.L. The Nail & Another Nail
JLA/JSA : Virtue and Vice
The Flash ( any Mark Waid trades)
Legion of Super-Heroes: The Great Darkness Saga
Wrath of the Spectre by Michael Fleisher and Jim Aparo
Green Lantern/Green Arrow by O'Neil & Adams
Superman/SHAZAM: First Thunder
That should keep you busy.
The JSA stuff is really worth it in particular since DC has decided to defecate all over the legacy of the JSA.

Last edited:
1. The Killing Joke
2. Watchmen
3. The Dark Knight Returns
4. Flex Mentallo
5. Batman Noel
6. Joker
7. Kingdom Come.

Yes truly epic......it really conveys the importance of Superman among superheroes and mankind. Waid and Ross hit it waaay out of the park. I cannot imagine it being topped. I reread it and listen to the audio quite often. Current DC is leaving me wanting. :csad:
Yeah , Kingdom Come pretty much defines who and what Superman is at the core of his being. Infact it probably defined what DC was in the 90s. That's why it kills me to see what DC has become lately.

Yeah; I feel like there's a dark cloud over DC. I'd like to say I've survived worse in the many years I've been a fan, but at the moment I can't think of anything. Probably because the intention here is that this is to be permanent. I know I would be a lot more receptive to this if it were handled in the way that Marvel incorporated the Ultimate line. Here we have no choice but to eat a **** sandwich; everything else is off the menu.:csad:

You act like there is nothing good in DC right now and that's just wrong. Get over the reboot already.

Go for
Blackest Night
Superman/Batman trades (most are really good)
JSA & Justice Society trades
JLA: Tornadoes Path & Lightning Saga
Power Girl by Amanda Conner
Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia
Wonder Woman by George Perez
Power of SHAZAM
All Star Superman
Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity
JLA: Heaven's Ladder
Justice League: A New Beginning
J.L. The Nail & Another Nail
JLA/JSA : Virtue and Vice
The Flash ( any Mark Waid trades)
Legion of Super-Heroes: The Great Darkness Saga
Wrath of the Spectre by Michael Fleisher and Jim Aparo
Green Lantern/Green Arrow by O'Neil & Adams
Superman/SHAZAM: First Thunder
That should keep you busy.
The JSA stuff is really worth it in particular since DC has decided to defecate all over the legacy of the JSA.
Well, that's a really interesting list. Thanks for that.

You act like there is nothing good in DC right now and that's just wrong. Get over the reboot already.

OK I will acknowledge that Batman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman are good, but those are characters that were not really changed (rather just a continuation of what was already happening pre-New 52). Therefore they are exceptions that are having a positive effect on the New 52 (and not that the New 52 is having a positive effect on them).
As for getting over it; sorry if my complaints bother you, but rest assured I do not lose sleep over this reboot (my life is not that pathetic).
As I understand it this is a place to speak your opinion on comics. As a DC fanatic for years, it gives me no pleasure to voice my criticism of something I've loved for so long. Nothing they are doing right now even compares to the best stuff from the past (in my humble opinion).:cwink:

Watchmen

Superman: Birthright

Batman: The Killing Joke

Superman: For Tomorrow

Superman: Secret Identity (I really love the artwork in this one... so many panels that I'd love to get made up as canvases and hang up on my walls :))

Death of Superman
Cataclysm
No Mans Land
Superman: Birthright
JLA: Tower of Babel

OK I will acknowledge that Batman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman are good, but those are characters that were not really changed (rather just a continuation of what was already happening pre-New 52). Therefore they are exceptions that are having a positive effect on the New 52 (and not that the New 52 is having a positive effect on them).
As for getting over it; sorry if my complaints bother you, but rest assured I do not lose sleep over this reboot (my life is not that pathetic).
As I understand it this is a place to speak your opinion on comics. As a DC fanatic for years, it gives me no pleasure to voice my criticism of something I've loved for so long. Nothing they are doing right now even compares to the best stuff from the past (in my humble opinion).:cwink:

Aquaman is not a continuation of pre nu52.

1. Watchmen
2. Batman: Year One
3. Superman: Red Son
4. The Dark Knight Returns
5. Batman: The Long Halloween

Aquaman is not a continuation of pre nu52.

We'll never really know...... but this is most likely where it could have gone with Arthur and Mera after Brightest Day; so I feel my assumption is valid.

Last edited:
No Aquaman had his hand cut off again in brightest day.

......and at the end of Brightest Day #24 he once again has both hands.

brightestday24pg31.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"