Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by MessiahDecoy123, Apr 18, 2013.
Looking for great graphic novels.
1. Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt
2. Infinity Gauntlet
3. Ultimates 2
4. Thor: Death of Odin
5. Captain America: Winter Soldier
Those aren't graphic novels... they're reprinted material... that makes them trade paperbacks...
Ultimates 1 and 2
Wolverine: Old Man Logan
Daredevil: Born Again
Any Frank Miller written Daredevil
Any Bendis written Daredevil
Y: The Last Man
Books of Doom
Marvel has not created many graphic novels.
I'll take trade paperbacks then.
Retain the list I supplied. Some alternates:
1. The Trial of Yellowjacket
2. The Death of Jean DeWolffe
3. The Kree-Skrull War
Frank Miller, Garth Ennis
I also like the ultimates, and the extremis storyline from iron man.
If we're talking Collected Editions/TPB's and the like:
1. Astonishing X-Men Vol. 3 by Joss Whedon
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Invincible Iron Man: World's Most Wanted
4. The Infinity Gauntlet
5. Daredevil by Mark Waid - that whole ongoing series is awesome, but I know at least the first volume's been released as a TPB.
I'm more of a DC fan so I'm sure there are tons that I'm completely unaware of, but I really loved those.
1. The Sentry by Paul Jenkins
2. Earth X
3. Immortal Iron Fist vol. 1 & 2
4. Annihilation Vol. 1-3
5. Daredevil by Bendis (the whole run, start from the beginning, which was Daredevil 26. It's been collected in several ways, so whatever edition you'd like to try.)
Well, if you want to get technical with it...
1. The Sentry by Paul Jenkins is just genius.
2. Ultimates vol 1
3. Ultimates vol 2
4. Won't pick a specific volume but basically anything from the first 80 or so issues of Ultimate Spider-Man
5. Civil War
If you are going for just great Marvel stories, I feel like you can't go wrong with Marvels.
Same rule as I used in the DC forum: the whole story is collected in one volume.
2. X-Men: Days of Future Past
3. Daredevil: Born Again
4. X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
5. Fantastic Four: 1234
Born Again is good stuff. However, I think for maximum enjoyment, you should read the other Frank Miller Daredevil collections as well.
Speaking of Daredevil, I also really enjoyed Kevin Smith's run.
Marvel is tough; much of the best stuff is just collected from ongoing series,
-Astonishing X-Men Omnibus (Whedon)
-Captain America Omnibus Vol. 1 (Brubaker)
-Thor Omnibus (Simonson)
Wow this was tough...
Daredevil: Born Again
Daredevil by Frank Miller Volume 2
Avengers: Under Siege
The Ultimates 2: Grand Theft America
I feel so dirty by not mentioning a lot of great books.
Yeah. I forgot about Marvels. Its sequel, Marvels 2, was enjoyable as well.
As far as the better Marvel Graphic Novels, which would be individual original stories, the following would apply... in no particular order...
X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
Greenberg the Vampire
Daredevil: Love and War
Amazing Spider-Man: Hooky
Spider-Man: Soul of the Hunter
The Death of Captain Marvel
The New Mutants
Spider-Man: Spirits of The Earth
If you need a list of reprinted material, any of the previous stuff mentioned is decent...
In terms of strictly GNs and not TBPs, X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills is my favorite. The Death of Captain Marvel and Spider-Man: Soul of the Hunter were both also phenominal, though Soul of the Hunter requires you read Kraven's Last Hunt first, but it's worth reading both since they're so good.
In no particular order:
Ultimate Spider-Man: Power and Responsibility
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Young Avengers: Sidekicks
I knew I was missing one... thanks.
In no particular order these are fun reads that i remember (I've read tooooo many)
Marvel Zombies: Return
Punisher War Zone (Vs Avengers)
Blade Vs The Avengers
Dark Reign: Hawkeye
Anniliation (the original, conquest was just so so)
Silver Surfer: Requiem
Loki (although it may now be called Thor and Loki Blood Brothers)