Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Batman' started by MessiahDecoy123, Mar 4, 2013.
What do you hope to see changed or improved for the Batman reboot?
Name your top five.
The main thing I want to is possible supernatural villains like Clayface , Mr. Freeze , and Poison Ivy. Done right of course.
Also no growling Bat voice. I understand why Bale did that , but I hope it doesn't become a standard.
1) World Greatest Detective well shown
2) More BTAS/Arkham Asylum influence
3) Full extent of various training better implied with flashbacks
4) Better fighting scenes and no rubber suit
5) No growling Bat-voice
With Superman being in this universe they can kinda slip away from the realism a tad and get some of the different villains in there. I would also like more detective work and sidekicks.
- Bring back the scarier Batman that lurks in the shadows from BTAS, B89 and BB (or the comics, for that matter). But no over the top bat-voice.
- More supernatural and sci-fi themed villains.
- Add some sidekicks and allies to make the world feel bigger... Nightwing, Catwoman, Batgirl, Zatanna... even Green Arrow and/or Black Canary, why the hell not.
- Improve the fight scenes.
- This is supposed to be #5 but I can't think of anything else right now.
1. Detective aspects.
2. No growling voice.
3. More fantastical villains.
4. Better fight scenes.
5. More iconic imagery.
The voice would be fine if they took the Begins approach and ditched the awful TDK/TDKR version.
I would like something smokier though. Keaton had an awesome voice, but I'd like something more powerful and ominous than that too.
Blend Keaton with Begins Bale and presto.
You included your number 5 with your number 1 (no Bat-growl).
- More into his training; specifically escape artistry and slight of hand (Zatanna cameo), acting/make-up artistry, studying forensics and chemical effects.
- More detective/noir stuff.
- More of him being cloaked in shadows - including use of his cape to break up his shape and therefore seem more menacing, less obviously human, and cause bullets to miss his body more often when he's fired upon (like a bull fighter creates an illusory target for the bull to stab at).
- More iconic scenery/'Batman' moments.
- 'Less is more' approach to him speaking. Keep him mysterious, ominous, wise. Bale's Begins voice and Keaton's voice are on the right track.
I'd like more fantastic villains and a combiation of the Beyond/Classic Batsuit. Cloth, but with the mask like the Beyond suit. It adds to the image of a creature of the night. Plus the cloth was used by ninjas all the time; why not let Batman use it here?
Nolan and Bale nailed it. No fixing needed.
I came up with almost 20 things to fix from Nolan's bat-world after only a couple minutes.
1. Detective Skillz
2. Detective Skillz
3. Detective Skillz
4. Detective Skillz
5. Detective Skillz
I just want him to use his grapple in mid-air. Thats all I ever wanted from a Batman movia.
But not to save his life while he's falling or anything. But more as a means of transportation like in the comics.
And I want Poison Ivy.
-Mr. Freeze done right
-Poison Ivy done right
-Riddler done right
-Penguin done right
-Christoph Waltz. Every movie needs more of him. He should play everyone.
There is always room for improvement in everything.
I want him as Hugo Strange t:. That would be brilliant casting on par with Ledger's Joker or even superior.
more gliding, much much better fight choreography/fight scenes, using a grappling hook and being more of the acrobatic Batman that we see in the comics.
And obviously Detective skills rather than rely on Michael Background Story and info Caine to further move the story along via lame unnatural dialog.
Hugo Strange would be awesome. Or maybe even as Joker himself. He might be old for the part now but if they go for an older Batman I think that Waltz could pull it off. He's got a good laugh (Inglourious Basterds) and can go from comedic to dead serious on the drop of a dime.
would prefer no reboot as i believe nolans trilogy will be hard to match let alone improve on.
So no more Batman movies?
Do you people even like the character?
I thought this was one of the things they fixed. It was always awkward to me to watch Batman swinging around like Spider-Man. Keep the two separate.
The grapple was used appropriately in the Nolan/Burton films. Cape gliding is win.
Now, would I like to see them get more creative with the grapple in general? Hell yeah.
i love this post so damn much.