Your top 5 things that needs to be "fixed" for the Batman reboot

I don't quite view banter as someone being happy. Nolan's Bruce even had that but he was never truly happy until the last moments of TDKR when he knew his city was safe and he could finally move on.

I want to see the Bruce Wayne who, as a child, dedicates his life to making sure no one has to suffer like he did, who spends his life training and working to do so, and who braves every obstacle along the way, and who struggles with becoming something dark and violent, but who eventually realizes he can be both Bruce Wayne and Batman, and have both a mission/duty and some happiness.

You know...Batman.

This.

The above (in bold) is the only thing about Batman that I think the Nolan films truly misrepresented.Being Batman is not a mission that can be completed.As long as there's a punk out there with a gun,willing to stick up a family walking home,Batman will exist.

I really only need two major changes.

I felt the only part where Batman felt like a detective in Nolan's Universe was in the first half of The Dark Knight, where he tries to catch the Joker. In Batman Begins, he becomes an icon, a shadowy figure, but he doesn't need to figure out anything, really. He's handed the information by screaming in people's faces. Nothing like shooting bullets in bricks to see how they fragment in order to reconstruct finger prints. And as for The Dark Knight Rises...well, there he was just an icon, not a detective. For the next version of Batman, we need the detective, a clever hero who can match wits with intelligent criminals. For me, the battle of wits between the Joker and Batman was the highlight of the trilogy.

And...the Bat Family. We need it. We've spent the last three films exploring Batman as a loner. One of my favorite parts of TDKR was Batman's relationship with Catwoman, and, throughout the trilogy, I loved his chemistry with Gordon. We need more of THAT. We need Robin, Nightwing, Oracle, Batgirl, etc. We need to see another side of the character that really has only been explored decently in Batman Forever (Robin was one of the few things that kept that film from being just mediocre). We need a greater Batman universe. And, of course, if the characters become successes in their own right, maybe spin-offs?

The rest is just superficial to me. Of course we're getting a less grounded Batman next with Superman and Justice League coming in the future. The Batman voice never really bothered me, but I always felt Keaton nailed Batman's presence in the 89 film. Batman to me isn't about the fight scenes so much as the psychology and characters, but better fights would be cool too. Still, if the previous two things are included in the new Batman series, I'd be fine with that.

Superficial?

Maybe a couple but all of the rest?

Nah, I think many of those details are the reason many people became fans in the first place (yes people loved Batman before Nolan).

Superficial?

Nah, I think many of those details are the reason many people became fans in the first place (yes people loved Batman before Nolan).

NOLAN DIDN'T INVENT BATMAN?!?!?!?!?!?! :wow:

- no more growly voice, Batman was talking normal to Rachel in the cave in Batman Begins I don't know why he switched it in TDK and TDKR.

- people complain about the lack of detective skills but did we all forget how he got the fingerprints from the shattered bullet? he was able to recognize the symptoms of the poppy seeds from Scarecrow's hallucinogen, he discovered Selina Kyle's background off the dust prints from his private safe.

- a true Batmobile, the Tumbler is a great vehicle but I can say that many want to see the sleek and sexy Batmobile make an appearance.

- better choreographed fight scenes, (no more shaky cam) Batman vs. Bane was a step in the right direction but that was more of a brawl than a better representation of Batman's fighting skills.

- more interaction with Gordon, aside from Alfred and Lucius there aren't many other trustworthy people in Gotham that Bats needs all the help he can get.

- none of the Bat-family, sorry I know many a generation love to have Robin show up but I prefer Batman as a loner, if Robin needs to show up have it only as a last minute back up.

hmm that's more than 5 I know but hey nobody is perfect.

I agree with everyone who wants Batman to become a better detective in the reboot. Batman should be the person who figures everything out, instead of relying on Alfred, Lucius and Gordon for information. One of the strongest aspects of the '89 Batman was that Bruce figured out what the Joker was up to on his own, using his skills as a detective and chemist. That sort of forensic brilliance is one of Batman's strengths, or it should be.

In the '89 movie Batman also created all of his own gadgets and tech, instead of having everything handed to him by Lucius by way of Wayne Enterprises scientists. He built his own Batmobile, created his suit and all of his gear without ever relying on anyone else for assistance. Relying on Lucius to supply his tech undermined Batman quite a bit, IMO, and as such it should be avoided in the future. Another benefit of having Bruce create his own materiel is that he won't have to reveal his identity to anyone else. Batman is supposed to be a somewhat mysterious figure. Having everyone and his brother know his secret identity takes away from that.

Superficial?

Most of the choices do sound rather odd simply because a reboot is obviously going to be much different than what Nolan showed up as well as most of these choices are just pin-pointing on things people didn't enjoy with Nolan's trilogy or found what was missing. We get it, Nolan missed out on a lot of things, but we really don't need a poll giving out those examples and voting on what we want to see being done differently; it should be obvious to see that it will be done differently.

And, relax, the reboot will have a different suit...it won't be like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 :oldrazz:

No growling voice
Better fight and action scenes
No tired batman the huffing and puffing was pretty damn annoying with nolans movies and the way bale moved in the suit looked as if he couldnt wait to take it off.
Batman with detective and scientific knowledge.
Batman being badass.
Better gadgets.
Better Batcave and vehicles. Tumbler was win but the batplane was fail even schumachers batplane shts all over it.
Dump the cockney alfred and replace him with a more upper class alfred.
No retiring

sorry more than 5 lol.

Most of the choices do sound rather odd simply because a reboot is obviously going to be much different than what Nolan showed up as well as most of these choices are just pin-pointing on things people didn't enjoy with Nolan's trilogy or found what was missing. We get it, Nolan missed out on a lot of things, but we really don't need a poll giving out those examples and voting on what we want to see being done differently; it should be obvious to see that it will be done differently.

And, relax, the reboot will have a different suit...it won't be like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 :oldrazz:

It's not obvious it will be different and it's not obvious that Warner Bros will address or acknowledge any of the fans biggest concerns.

and the ASM2 suit looks more like the comics, so that's all that matters. :cwink:

Last edited:
Like most others, I want the detective angle better represented. Instead of constantly having the villain doing a reveal and then Batman having to react, after being caught out by something, have the reveal by the villain but at that point turn the tables and show Batman had already figured it out and had a plan in defeating the villain with his skills. I know the villains need to have the upper hand sometimes, but not everytime!

Screw a reboot, just give us the sequel to Arkham City. Or do a movie based around that. Everything they did was perfect in that game.

Batman needs to be the real voice, he needs to put on a different one when playing 'Bruce', higher

It's not obvious it will be different and it's not obvious that Warner Bros will address or acknowledge any of the fans biggest concerns.

It's not obvious? So you're expecting the very first reboot to feel exactly the same as before? Lol.

and the ASM2 suit looks more like the comics, so that's all that matters. :cwink:

Looking exactly like the comics is what matters most besides a director being able to give his vision, eh? I'm certainly glad Nolan wasn't boggled down with that "fact" when he had his TDK suit.

Can I add fanboy nitpickiness?

Oh who am I kidding? That will never change.

One of the strongest aspects of the '89 Batman was that Bruce figured out what the Joker was up to on his own, using his skills as a detective and chemist. That sort of forensic brilliance is one of Batman's strengths, or it should be.

Yes, but unlike that movie, I don't want the detective work to be done off-screen :yay:

It's not obvious? So you're expecting the very first reboot to feel exactly the same as before? Lol.

"Different from Nolan" doesn't mean Warner Bros will automatically move closer to the comics or even acknowledge them.

This is the same studio that orchestrated such "classics" as Batman and Robin and Superman Returns.

Looking exactly like the comics is what matters most besides a director being able to give his vision, eh? I'm certainly glad Nolan wasn't boggled down with that "fact" when he had his TDK suit.

Something closer to the comics could be done well in a movie. The Batman suit doesn't need black rubber to work on screen. It's probably the biggest reason why the Nolan fight scenes are so weak.

His parent's murder gives direction, dedication and drive to Bruce's life.(this includes his training and the oath.)

A more classic approach to the suit. The suits primary function is to connect him to the bat. It's protective nature is a secondary concern........read.... no obvious armor plating!

Sherlock Holmes level detective skills. And I'm not talking forensics, but observational skills ala Jason Bourne in the diner scene, and they are always functioning. Forensics provide evidence, but first and foremost his observations and intuition point him to solutions.

Fear, primal fear, which the bat represents, is his greatest weapon. Criminals are a cowardly lot, after all. The Batman is the method of creating the fear.

No spilit personality, no madness implied. He has dedicated his life to preventing criminals from causing pain to innocents. He is driven to that end, obssession is as far as his mental profile should ever go.

Some people sure got picky, ask us this question before 2005 and the answer would just be "be good instead of bad please"

Some people sure got picky, ask us this question before 2005 and the answer would just be "be good instead of bad please"

Not everybody thinks Nolan's Batman is the best version ever explored including comics, games, and television.

You may say I'm being nitpicky but if most of these complaints were addressed you could have a completely different Batman movie from Nolan's.

and it could be just as good if not better.

and what are Bat-fans supposed to do now that Nolan is done with Batman. Watch the movies endlessly rather than dream about things we always wanted in a Batman movie?

That wouldn't make much sense for Bat-fans who always loved the character even before Nolan.

Not everybody thinks Nolan's Batman is the best version ever explored including comics, games, and television.

You may say I'm being nitpicky but if most of these complaints were addressed you could have a completely different Batman movie from Nolan's.

and it could be just as good if not better.

Why so hostile? I'm just saying we got it good that we can afford to be so nitpicky. Before the Nolan series, people just wanted a batman film that didn't suck.

Honestly I'm pretty much more of the same mindset as i was back then, end of the day if another director comes along that's as passionate in making a great FILM above all else like Nolan was then I'd think the franchise will be in great hands again for the next decade. Sure there are things I'd like to have "fixed" and things I'd prefer carry over, but most important thing in my opinion is that we get a director who isn't trying to check off a list of things that fans want instead has a true unique vision in giving us something special.

1. Batman never finds his parents killer. (2 origins later and we still cannot get this one right)
Making Joker the killer of his parents in 89 was was too forced and really didnt make much sense. Joe Chill in Begins was done so Nolan could give Bruce Wayne's journey a resolution, but I prefer my Batman forever haunted by the unknown.

2. The Detective
I have personally felt like every live action interpretation of Bruce Wayne lacks the high intelligence level of his comic book counterpart. He was after all born in Detective Comics.

3. The Bat Family
Many love the loner, and sometimes so do I, but I also feel that his characterization requires others to bounce off of. People who know him on a personal level. As a character, Bruce Wayne has a need for family, since his was taken.

4. Cape
Can we please get an animated series style cape and cowl that closes around his damn body!

5. New Live Action Villains
Stop giving me lead villains I already saw a million times.
Give me some characters that are not common herd in the lead. I am fine with cameos or smaller roles for characters like Joker, Riddler, Penguin, etc. I just want to see the next film have a puppetmaster behind them. If they did something resembling the Arkham Asylum game/graphic novel, then make either Hugo Strange or Black Mask the lead villain. Lets see Madd Hatter, Clayface, Hush, Killer Croc, Scarface & Ventriliquist, etc.

Why so hostile? I'm just saying we got it good that we can afford to be so nitpicky. Before the Nolan series, people just wanted a batman film that didn't suck.

Honestly I'm pretty much more of the same mindset as i was back then, end of the day if another director comes along that's as passionate in making a great FILM above all else like Nolan was then I'd think the franchise will be in great hands again for the next decade. Sure there are things I'd like to have "fixed" and things I'd prefer carry over, but most important thing in my opinion is that we get a director who isn't trying to check off a list of things that fans want instead has a true unique vision in giving us something special.

Yeah a true unique version is how we get Ang Lee's Hulk and fanboy checklist is how we ended up with Iron Man and Avengers.

Which one worked out better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"