You've got to be kidding me!

Majin Boo

Superhero
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me? every time I save on Dead Rising and exit, and start the game again, I have to start from the very beginning? its gonna take me ages to finish the game not to me metion get very boring after a bit.

It's been a little while since I've played, but I believe you just need to save and exit immediately. If you continue on after you save and then shut off the game, then your progress will be lost when you reboot...

..I think that's how it works.

And yes, I agree...it's not the most friendly of save-techniques.

Majin Boo said:
You've got to be kidding me? every time I save on Dead Rising and exit, and start the game again, I have to start from the very beginning? its gonna take me ages to finish the game not to me metion get very boring after a bit.

You are choosing the wrong option to save. Dead Rising allows one save slot. You play the game and save and can go back to that. IF you die and save, then you must start from the beginning (With the stats from when you saved) There is also an option when you save normally for this. Make sure you are choosing the right thing.

(It says all of this on the screens, if you'd read before complaining)

so I should not save when I die? instead just turn the game off?
Am I understanding this correctly?

Majin Boo said:
so I should not save when I die? instead just turn the game off?
Am I understanding this correctly?

Not turn the game off, just choose to start from your last save.

It honestly says all of this on the screen when you die

Geo7877 said:

maybe he's playing on an SDTV.

f***in capcom...

Geo7877 said:

yeah, but what if I cant play more than an 1hour or 2 a day? I have to turn the game off.

Majin Boo said:
yeah, but what if I cant play more than an 1hour or 2 a day? I have to turn the game off.

go to a save point and save right before you have to get off...dont save when you die...it's not that complicated...it's like GTA, but when you die you have to start over or go to the last time you saved, and the only place to save is in a bathroom instead of a safehouse

Majin Boo said:

You save in the bathrooms or in the security room. Have you ever played a game before?

I wanted Dead Rising extremely bad but I didn't get it because of all the bad stuff I heard about saving. It sounds ****ing ridiculous, I absolutely hate games that save like that.

it's not complicated at all, really. seriously, the game explains it right on the screen. the catch is, and this is the one big problem with the game IMO, are you actually going to be able to read what's on the f***in screen?

Manwithoutpeer said:
I wanted Dead Rising extremely bad but I didn't get it because of all the bad stuff I heard about saving. It sounds ****ing ridiculous, I absolutely hate games that save like that.

so...Resident Evil is rediculous then? It's even worse than this one cause you had to save ink ribbons...oh and GTA, cause you couldnt just save anywhere, you had to find a safehouse? and hundreds, if not thousands, of other games?

Manwithoutpeer said:

Then you are missing out on an extremely fun game.

Cool. No offense but you guys are the 1st I've heard that really liked the game. If it's not any harder to save than GTA then I think I will get it, it looks really fun.

Manwithoutpeer said:
Cool. No offense but you guys are the 1st I've heard that really liked the game. If it's not any harder to save than GTA then I think I will get it, it looks really fun.

You can save in the security room, and in every bathroom (One of which is in every section of the mall)

The problem most people have is that you can only save one game. You can't have two slots. You can start over, and play it again with your higher level and unlocked moves, but you can't have two seperate games going on at once... Which isn't really that big of a deal.

Geo7877 said:
The problem most people have is that you can only save one game. You can't have two slots. You can start over, and play it again with your higher level and unlocked moves, but you can't have two seperate games going on at once... Which isn't really that big of a deal.

Sounds good to me, I have no need for 2 games at once. I was really close to getting this game a month ago, I'm just glad I have something to look forward to after I beat Gears of War... I don't think I'll get tired of Zombie bashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"