Z Nation... ZOMBIES!

"The Murphy" So Happy this show is back and more importantly the Z-Wacker. Great intro and I'm glad they got right into the action. The gore in this episode was decent as well. The nukes exploding was crazy and the scientist who hid in the frig burning was really cool. The frozen zombies DJ Qualls had to fight off looked pretty good. Not sure who fired the missile that blew up the nuke though maybe an automated defense system. The scene with Murphy in the shopping mall had me cracking up as did the zombie strippers and it's interesting seeing what he's becoming. Roberta was badass saving that girl and I'm enjoying her character arc. The fire extinguisher kill was hilarious. Preview for the rest of the season looks fun.
Agreed. Solid premiere.

yeah, the **** was THAT all about?...
In the episode where they go to that all female sanctuary, Murphy has sex with the lady who is now pregnant. I guess his virus accelerated the pregnancy.

Yeah, I know. But the baby is a father-directional-locator-pointer of sorts. Weird

With this type of show, you just have to roll with it. :woo:
ain't that the truth :woot: Like the episode tonight with [BLACKOUT]Doc's soul...[/BLACKOUT] what, wut... yeah, it's z nation lol

Fun episode. But sad too. I like the addition of the new guy to the team

"White Light" Lots of good action throughout this episode. Doc's out-of-body experience made me laugh. The DJ Qualls scenes were pretty tense.

wow, this entire episode was a literal thrillride... the Blaster Zombies are a terrifying, keep-comin'-atcha creepy bunch... and it was great seeing William Sadler in tonight's episode... this season so far, this show is getting better and better...

"Zombie Road" Doc and Murphy tokin' with that dude had me cracking up. I thought the wagon train was pretty cool and I liked seeing the group hook up with more survivors. It was interesting seeing Murphy not being able to mind control the Blasters. I thought they really nailed the action throughout this episode and for the most part the special effects makeups and gore looked really cool.

The Blasters were interesting and I hope they pop up a few more times. I did like that it showed there's repercussions from the nuclear fallout on both sides.

It seemed me that when Murphy shotgunned the smoke to Cassandra it made her more normal. Like Murphy, her bite is healing as well.

Murphy's newborn baby really creeps me out... that is one freaky-looking little s**t...

I gave in and started this series over. to see why it has such good ratings and a third season. The first episode still wasn't great but I kept going and the first season improved. Surprisingly it turned into a really good show despite all the indicators it would suck. Coming up on the third season finale and they really did something new with zombies.

They are doing what The Walking Dead should be doing but with a cheaper budget and more laughs. Z Nation is not repetitive and when they do almost repeat something they turn it on its head. The characters are all better fleshed out and interesting than TWD's. Their villains are not stereotypical "I'm evil [cackles]!" and even the zombies have innovation going on with them, keeping them fresh, so to speak.

The major antagonist going on right now is actually very Negan-esque but less brutal from what I've heard of this current season of TWD (I quit watching it after last seasons middle finger finale to the audience).

I think the reason I came around to Z Nation is they are not being fatalist and hopeless like TWD. They keep driving on in spite of the apocaplyse and no one stays depressing for too long.

The finale for season 3 is going to air Friday and it has a fourth season renewal as well to keep the story rolling.

icon14.gif
... and the Murphy, along with a few passing characters in the series, can be a real hoot, at times... :funny:

Murphy particularly stands out as well written and very poignant especially now. Murphy has been the surprise character. Despite everything that he has said, done, not done, etc. I still like him the second most on the show.

My favorite character has to be Addy though all of them have their endearing qualities, there is just something about Addy I like more than the rest. Even the villians (Escropion being a great example) have their redeeming values and more than cardboard cutouts.

wow, I can't believe that it's been over a year since anyone posted here... guess everyone's so hooked on TWD bandwagon, when they're missing a gem when it comes to ZN and how it's been evolving over the past three years with extremely likable characters... Doc Beck is my favorite, especially after his recent episode with the three looney ladies...

I wanna pick up this show I just need to find the time.

It's weird that this show has such positive WOM yet its imdb rating is dismal.

SyFy isn't a critical darling like AMC is.

But imdb ratings come from regular people, don't they?

And IMDB ratings are subject to trolling and manipulation so they aren't always reliable.

New season started this week and it's just as ridiculous and fun as ever.

The black rainbow arc looks interesting. Definitely as ridiculous as ever, liking the absurdity.

Henry Rollins and Michael Berryman this season! :woot:

Zombie Henry Rollins with half his head blown off is one of the coolest things this show has ever done!

The barbershop story was like a Three Stooges episode. Also apparently nuclear fallout looks like a foam party? :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"