Zac Snyder admits to mtv he is very interested in a tdk returns movie in the future

joshgonemad

it ends here...........
Reaction score
snyder says that in 20 yrs hed like to use a 50 yr old christian bale and make an adaptation of frank millers THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS. After batman 3 is done its a safe bet that nolan, bale, oldman and such will leave the franchise. WB wants B3 out in 2012, with that being said, there will be no director, no batman, no supporting cast. what is the possibility of hiring zac snyder right after that to not continue the nolan world, but do tdkr with a 50 yr old MICHAEL KEATON. make it for a summer 2014 or 2015 release. Michael keaton could finish his batman the way he deserves, we the fans would get an amazing movie and nolan, bale and company can move onto other projects. what do u guys think
:brucebat:

I would want it with Bale as Batman.

We already saw Michael Keaton as an aging Batman fighting a 60 year old Joker...it was called Batman (1989).

I wouldn't mind seeing Bale against a recast Joker.

You could omit Two-face for two reasons (fittingly).
His character died in the movie-verse, and it would be kind of insensitive to have a story of a villain attempting to destroy an alternate version of the twin towers.

Would be an excellent film 10-15 years down the road.

-R

I would want it with Bale as Batman.

We already saw Michael Keaton as an aging Batman fighting a 60 year old Joker...it was called Batman (1989).

I wouldn't mind seeing Bale against a recast Joker.

You could omit Two-face for two reasons (fittingly).
His character died in the movie-verse, and it would be kind of insensitive to have a story of a villain attempting to destroy an alternate version of the twin towers.

Would be an excellent film 10-15 years down the road.

-R

LOL! totally agree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNZDBgdMwSE

I'm all for that. I don't want the Joker recast for Batman 3, but twenty years from now I think the world would be ready for another version. Zack is the right guy to handle TDKR, and a 50 year old Bale would be awesome.

No 50 year old Bale. He cannot even talk right now as Batman and he in his 30s, imagine him in his 50s. You would not even understand a word he is saying and he would sound annoying and stupid. However Keaton on the other hand is brilliant like someone said and a better Batman then Bale. Keaton actually scary as Batman, Bale just looks like an average man in a bat suit.

Also Keaton was in his 30s in Batman 89 and Jack Nicholson was 52 in Batman 89 but looked like he was a man in his 40s. Jack for an old guy back then did look young.

But anyways Keaton is the best choice for this. Why wait 20 years from now just for Bale to play Batman? No offense but Bale might not even be around then he might past away. Or hem ight not be interested. Didn't he say without Nolan he was not coming back to play as Batman? So if he said that why would he play Batman later down the road in another Bat flick? Just do TDRK in 2015 instead of 2029.

A faithful DKR would gel much more effectively with Burton's universe than with Nolan's, so yeah Bring Back Keaton.

:hehe:

Either Bale or Keaton would be great - I'd really enjoy seeing this story translated on screen.

Last edited:
Fun to think about, but it's just silly to plan for a Batman movie 20 years from now. Who knows if Bale will even be suited for the role at that time. And it's not like there aren't potentially going to be better choices anyway.

I would prefer they cast someone else. Having either Keaton or Bale would be silly. The film shouldn't be connected with any previous series of Batman films. It should be it's own thing, with it's own Batman and it's own Joker. Like Guard said, there are probably going to be better choices anyway.

But i think Snyder is perfect for The Dark Knight Returns. He has to tweak his style abit, but by the time he gets a chance to do this film, i think he'll have it down.

Snyder's just being diplomatic. He wants to do TDKR, but he doesn't want to wait 20 years or annoy Bale/Nolan.

Heck, who knows if Bale will still be a viable Batman that far down the line anyways.

Keaton looks like a living dead in batman. He's as scary as mike myers in shrek.

I would rather an original story rather than just lifting TDKR from the pages.

Snyder did a faithful job with 300 and Watchmen but he needs to branch out abit more, come up with his own stories or maybe even get Miller in to write a new story.

Its good to reference Graphic Novels, like TDK with The Long Halloween but what was good is that I did not know the end when I went in to watch it like I would do with TDKR.

Also there would be too much slow motion and no Squid! :cwink:

i say not do a 100 % accurate story from the comicbook, i say have it where bruce retired as batman at the age of 45 and now hes 55, he comes back just like in the novel, but no superman in it at all, no nuclear bomb side story that blackens out the usa, no where batmans idenity comes out and the faking of his own death. an old batman returns to once again fight the gangs and scum of gothams underworld, where he is chased by the police constantly, recrutes a young girl fter she saves his life, he fights the joker one last time and kills him. in the end the police set up a fake robbery or a kidnapping to trap batman. in the end its a HUGE battle between the cops and batman where he has to basically make it appear where he dies but at the very end there is batman on the edge of a building looking over the city once more as u hear a cry for help, end movie

Zac Snyder admits to mtv he is very interested in a tdk returns movie in the future

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

I would remove this and say double post. But I think this is the universe's way of saying it agrees with me.

lol. What a jackass! But, seriously...why wait 20 years to adapt the book? I mean, yeah, I can understand waiting 20 years for a live-action adaptation but why not do ANIMATION? Kevin Conroy already did an old Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman Beyond. So, just get Michael Keaton to return and do the voice. That'd be fine. He's already playing Ken in Toy Story 3. He should play Batman too now. Animation could be his future.

animation is a cool idea, maybe something similar to baowolf would look cool in a motion capture, but live action would be prefered. what does everyone think of say BATMAN BEYOND and seeing if zac snyder would take that on instead

The problem is that WB won't make TDK or BB any time in the next decade. Who know where Zack Snyder's career will be by that point.

I would love to see this set after the Burton movies... Even maybe after Batman Forever, so they can reference to Dick Grayson's death being a reason he left crimefighting.

the clint eastwood from the late eighties/early nighties would've been perfect,but now he's just too old.the only candidates left (except an animated version voiced by michael ironside or conroy) are Kurt Russell,Michael Keaton (buff like in desperate measures),Bruce Willis and perhaps even John McGinley may play the part.For the Joker,I'd like David Bowie,Hugh Laurie,Richard E.Grant or Willem Dafoe:we need to move on from Nicholson's and Ledger's versions to get a much more accurate one.this movie has a lot of potential,just keep bale out of it!I don't think he's right for this story...

I love a live action Batman Beyond movie. Directed by Rdiley Scott.

How bout a Wonder Woman movie? Or a Doctor Fate? Or Hawkman? Or Aquaman? Or Mr. Terrific? JSA? Kingdom Come?

:gl: :gl: :gl:

How bout a Wonder Woman movie? Or a Doctor Fate? Or Hawkman? Or Aquaman? Or Mr. Terrific? JSA? Kingdom Come?

:gl: :gl: :gl:

I think this is actually a really cool and unique idea. I must ask though, did you envision this idea as an actual continuation to (any of) the films, or kind of a 'Brand New' thing, but using Keaton just as an homage of sorts? I mean, I guess it could sorta work either way, maybe, but I like the latter idea better. Cool stuff man

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"