Zach Snyder to Direct Watchmen

ShaneHelms

CS Model 101
Reaction score
Alex Tse Writing Watchmen Script
Source: The Hollywood Reporter June 23, 2006

While it was confirmed a few months ago that 300 director Zach Snyder would helm Warner Bros. Pictures' big screen Watchmen adaptation, The Hollywood Reporter adds that Alex Tse is writing the script.

There's Potential in Snyder. :up:

I enjoyed Dawn of the Dead (2004) but I don't know if he is capable of making an epic Watchman movie.

I think if he can handle 300, Surely he can take on Watchmen.

I just looked up Alex Tse credits on IMDB and have one question. How in the hell is this guy qualified to write the script of one of the most respected graphic novels in history. Because he wrote the screenplay for "Sucker Free City"? :confused:

This is unacceptable. :down

What happened to David Hayter? Didn't he write a script for Watchmen that Alan Moore said is the closest thing you could get to the graphic novel? Besides, he's freakin' Solid Snake.

I still hope that Alex Tse will only do a minor revision of David Hayter's good script.

I'm frankly shocked that their apparently ignoring Hayter's script. I heard they were going to make a few re-writes to it, but these are truly dissapointing news.

Also I hope WB didn't go for Snyder with the idea that he'll shoot the whole movie like 300. That style is not right at all for Watchmen.

its very ****ed up that they chose to pick a new writer after all the time and effort hayter put into it. Hell, they're wasting time as well, as they've got the perfefct script for the movie right there.

I like Snyder better, because he seems to have a better visual style

I guess so but Greengrass had a pretty good idea about the issues tackled in the novel.

if this is as bad as DOTD2k4 it'll be in the running for one of the worst comic books movies to date :o

Hopefully 300 will show us that he can handle making a good epic and stay faithful to the source material.

I'm kind of dissapointed about them apparently not using the David Hayter script, but I want to see 300 before I pass too much judgement on Snyder. Although the DotD remake was only mindless zombie action.

Hm... maybe there's still hope:

Told Ya So! Zack Snyder Confirmed For WATCHMEN!!
Hi, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab...
Well, we called it back in March, but now it’s official. Zack Snyder’s the man for WATCHMEN. In that article, I hinted at the identity of a writer who was brought in to go through every single one of Hayter’s drafts as well as the book to try and really streamline this thing. As this film has bounced from studio to studio, the script picked up a little bit of scar tissue, residual material left over from notes that were executed to try to get that ever-elusive greenlight. Alex Tse has been brought in to try and strip all of that away and just get back to the cleanest version of Alan Moore’s WATCHMEN possible.
That 300 editing room visit is finally cleared for publication, so expect to see that in the days ahead. It’s great stuff, and as soon as I walked out of that room, I was sold on Snyder as the guy who can bring this epic story to the screen. We’ll see.

icon_nails.gif

If what Moriarty says is true, it puts me to a bit more ease, but I think we're all just going to have to play the wait-and-see with this.

damn. Hayter's script was great. It just needed the most minor of tweakings and it was would have been PERFECT.

I dont like this at all. Atleast get Hayter to supervise the new guy or something. I really dont want a generic superhero film with this movie.

The problem is Hayter has said that he doesn't want to get involved in the script any more. He sounds prety much sick and tired of it all.

must be too busy voicing Snake... :o

Which is too bad, considering the writing of the script moved him even higher up from his Demi-God status.

With the way they kept shafting him and the progress of the movie, I can't blame him for being tired of the crap and not wanting to deal with it anymore. It just sucks that we could all potentialy suffer through a sub-par adaptation.

I think it would be cool if Warner Bros hired Chris Nolan and Bryan Singer on as producers to guide Zack Snyder.

We'll just have to wait and see on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"