The Dark Knight Rises Zach Snyder WB's Plan B?

Replacement: No. Successor: Yes.

i think the question would be would Snyder accept this? he nearly turned down Watchmen until his inner fanboy told him to not let it go to less capable people.

I like Zack Snyder but I don't want him directing any Batman movie that takes place in the continuity of BB and TDK.

i would kill myself.

Snyder is good at strict adapting, but not creating fresh original stories.....at least, based off what i've seen so far.

I think it'd be fine if somewhere down the line he'd want to do a adaptation of TDKR (even though I personally hate that comic book) when the Batman series has finally dried out.

Then we could get the "Zack Snyder Collection" on dvd.

I think he should stick to adapting stand alone graphic novels personally. Get someone else to come in and direct the new films.

- Jow

I seriously doubt that this rumor is true. Also I'm 100% sure Nolan is coming back.

A Batman movie with 90% of it as a slow motion video clip? Nah.

Gratuitous slow-mo is a big no-no. But when it utilized to enhance an experience, especially in the case of "framing" a specific shot of a comic book movie...I'm all for that. From a comic book reader's perspective, the slow-mo is quite effective.

Gratuitous slow-mo is a big no-no. But when it utilized to enhance an experience, especially in the case of "framing" a specific shot of a comic book movie...I'm all for that. From a comic book reader's perspective, the slow-mo is quite effective.

I hope Zack can one day give more than a couple of those effective examples per movie lost amongst so much gratuitousness.

i would kill myself.

Snyder is good at strict adapting, but not creating fresh original stories.....at least, based off what i've seen so far.

I think it'd be fine if somewhere down the line he'd want to do a adaptation of TDKR (even though I personally hate that comic book) when the Batman series has finally dried out.

I think he should stick to adapting stand alone graphic novels personally. Get someone else to come in and direct the new films.

- Jow

And what if the script came from the TDK trio of Chris Nolan, Jonah Nolan, and David Goyer? :p

Why is everyone hammering Snyder with the slow mo? I bet ALL of you haven't even seen Watchmen yet. Of course they are going to advertise the big action beats, particurly the ones with slow mo, but does that mean the entire movie is that way? No.

300 all in slow mo? Well...uhhhh, heh.

Definitely wouldn't want anyone taking over Nolan's universe. Snyder tackling his own Batman project? Sure, but taking over Nolan's?

The song, "Nobody Does it Better" was about Bond and Christopher Nolan. Word.

I'm cool with that. ASAP in fact.

I'd much rather Nolan take a step back and say, "ok, things are going great for where I've taken it. And I still have a place (or two) that I'd like to take it. But there are other guys that have a take too. Hey, WB, you know what, let Miller make his JLA with Batman. Let Synder do a Dark Knight Returns. Each of those isn't "my" Batman anyway. They deserve a chance at the character too, so long as we don't impede each other (aka if I want to use something, I get to do it first).

i would kill myself.

- Jow
Jow, stop reading my mind!!! :wow: That was exactly what i was going to say! Hahaha!

If Snyder does a batman movie, you can bet it will be an adaptation of a famous series. 99% it will be TDK or maybe... maybe RIP.

I too believe that he isnt as visionary as the marketing makes him out to be. Sure his films are like real comic books and very beautiful to look at, but he has never done anything new until now.

Nolan is actually visionary since he has his own vision of batman and he put it on film (whether some people like it or prefer a direct comic book adaptation).
My god i would kill myself!!!

If i were DC, i would pay Nolan anything to come back. I would give him one small advice though. Try to leave it open for someone to continue. Try Mr Nolan, just try if you can.
Batman movies would then be like the comics. Writers come and go but its all one continuous story and continuity. The successor could then continue the story and change only a few things (even Nolan himself changed his direction, the atmosphere and look of Gotham from one movie to the other). He could introduce more unrealistic elements, they could even put this batman in the JL. What they have to do, is do all these changes gradually throughout many movies. They should bring this franchise to a DCAU type universe (gradually put this gotham in the wider DC animated Universe which would give us a wider range of stories and even a much anticipated Superman-Batman movie).

And for those who will whine about the realism and the JL, well batman can fight mobsters and down to earth villains for so long before it becomes boring. And as for JL, well it should have very little effect on the stories of the batman movies so that those who dont like Batman in the JL can at least enjoy his movies.

I think my solution would make most people happy.

Last edited:
I'd much rather Nolan take a step back and say, "ok, things are going great for where I've taken it. And I still have a place (or two) that I'd like to take it. But there are other guys that have a take too. Hey, WB, you know what, let Miller make his JLA with Batman. Let Synder do a Dark Knight Returns. Each of those isn't "my" Batman anyway. They deserve a chance at the character too, so long as we don't impede each other (aka if I want to use something, I get to do it first).
Nolan will never say something like this. Didnt you see the bat embargo they have right now? Smallville have made Green Arrow into a Batman copycat (K ring and everything) simply because they cant have Batman himself.

And Miller should be locked in Arkham IMHO.

NO NO NO!

Let's try to avoid using directors with generally negative world views, I want the next franchise to be more spirit lifting and optimistic.

I think the perfect director to make a new, more origional take on Batman would be none other than M. Night Shyamalan.

TWIST endings, suspense thrillers, and freequent use of James Newton Howard, what more can we ask of a Batman movie?

I don't know about you, but Signs just screamed "Batman" for me:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuDZ_ofTOPs[/YT]

It would probably enrage people like Frank Millar to no end, but we can't keep using year one.

Chuck Dixon on the other hand, I expect would be very, VERY happy.

Personally if Chris Nolan was going to stop the franchise right now and Warner announced another reboot, than I would be more than happy if Shyamalan directed.

WHAT A TWIST!!!

haha I feel the same way.

I can already picture Batman having a big fight with a bunch of thugs in slow motion with rock music playing in the background.

And what if the script came from the TDK trio of Chris Nolan, Jonah Nolan, and David Goyer? :p

Script are one thing, but the directing means translating it to film.

As pointed out already, tons of slow mo and that who "comic book" style, to me, would just feel out of place now.

Would u want Schumacher directing a Batman movie based off a Nolan script?

- Jow

Seems the Jettman is now disputing this claim.

Thank you Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for that.

- Jow

Y'know just because Snyder is utilizing a certain astheatic for '300' and 'Watchmen' I really don't think that means he'd do the exact same thing for Batman...

The man's only done three bigtime films...and while that's not enough to bank on him doing a great Batman film, that's simultaneously not enough to bank on him doing a terrible Batman film either.

What Zack needs to do is step away from adaptations and cut his teeth a bit more...then we'll see.

NO NO NO!

Let's try to avoid using directors with generally negative world views, I want the next franchise to be more spirit lifting and optimistic.

I think the perfect director to make a new, more origional take on Batman would be none other than M. Night Shyamalan.

TWIST endings, suspense thrillers, and freequent use of James Newton Howard, what more can we ask of a Batman movie?

I don't know about you, but Signs just screamed "Batman" for me:

It would probably enrage people like Frank Millar to no end, but we can't keep using year one.

Chuck Dixon on the other hand, I expect would be very, VERY happy.

Personally if Chris Nolan was going to stop the franchise right now and Warner announced another reboot, than I would be more than happy if Shyamalan directed.

WHAT A TWIST!!!
They shouldnt do a reboot in any way. Perhaps give someone else a chance to tell a story his way but not do another origin. Most people wouldnt notice the difference if the next director just changes Gotham a little and introduces someone like Clayface. The nolanverse sure is supposed to be realistic but look at all the unrealistic things in it. People grew attached to the Nolanverse batman and since the cast and crew cant do this forever, they should keep it going with new people. Year One is supposed to be the origin and despite its gritty and realistic feel, its in the same continuity as RIP and the JL batman stories. And anyway, if they have to drastically change it, at least give it an arc and do it with care, one shot fail movies by various directors will kill the franchise again.

And about Shyamalan, the story will be like: Batman is chasing down the riddler. The riddler is giving him clues about his true identity. Batman tries to figure out who the riddler is.
AND THEN BATMAN WAS THE RIDDLER ALL ALONG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"