The Dark Knight Rises Zach Snyder WB's Plan B?

Thank God, i hope Jett's right. I couldn't swallow a Snyder Bat pill.

I'd much rather Nolan take a step back and say, "ok, things are going great for where I've taken it. And I still have a place (or two) that I'd like to take it. But there are other guys that have a take too. Hey, WB, you know what, let Miller make his JLA with Batman. Let Synder do a Dark Knight Returns. Each of those isn't "my" Batman anyway. They deserve a chance at the character too, so long as we don't impede each other (aka if I want to use something, I get to do it first).

I like this idea a lot. Let's do it this way.

That way, we still get Nolan Batman. But we also get a JLA Bat-God Batman. And then we get the pièce de résistance of DKR.

There are more than one Batman comic books on the stands, why can't there be more than one Batman movie at a time?

There are more than one Batman comic books on the stands, why can't there be more than one Batman movie at a time?
Because when each movie costs upwards of $150 million, you want to make sure each one will make money and that the audience won't be confused over what the heck is going on and what's in the continuity. You didn't need to see BB to make sense of TDK, but it explained why Bruce didn't have a batcave, why Scarecrow had a cameo, why Lucius was helping him, and why Rachel was important to him.

I mean, could you imagine The Hobbit coming out after Fellowship of the Ring but before The Two Towers or Return of the King? How confusing would that be? :funny:

WB is not allowing Nolan to do his "Inception" and release it in a prime spot in summer of 2010 for no reason folks. Nolan is directing Batman 3. Bet the farm on it. :cwink:

WB is not allowing Nolan to do his "Inception" and release it in a prime spot in summer of 2010 for no reason folks. Nolan is directing Batman 3. Bet the farm on it. :cwink:

i already have ;)

besides his brother Jonah is drafting the screenplay already, thats pretty much a sure sign that Chris will lens the film. all thats still needed is to formalize the arrangement aka the ink on the contract.

I seriously doubt that anyone would replace Nolan with Snyder after the success of TDK.
Besides, I really don't want to get a slow-mo fest like 300. I haven't seen Watchmen, of course, but I have the feeling that it will be the same case.

My own opinion is that after Nolan and co. get out, WB should just wait a couple of years and re-boot the whole thing. There is no need for them to make another origin movie, they could start after Bruce has become Batman, like the Burton-Schumacher series did. But with a new series they can try different approach, make it more fantastical or gothic or whatever.

They shouldnt do a reboot in any way. Perhaps give someone else a chance to tell a story his way but not do another origin. Most people wouldnt notice the difference if the next director just changes Gotham a little and introduces someone like Clayface. The nolanverse sure is supposed to be realistic but look at all the unrealistic things in it. People grew attached to the Nolanverse batman and since the cast and crew cant do this forever, they should keep it going with new people. Year One is supposed to be the origin and despite its gritty and realistic feel, its in the same continuity as RIP and the JL batman stories. And anyway, if they have to drastically change it, at least give it an arc and do it with care, one shot fail movies by various directors will kill the franchise again.

And about Shyamalan, the story will be like: Batman is chasing down the riddler. The riddler is giving him clues about his true identity. Batman tries to figure out who the riddler is.
AND THEN BATMAN WAS THE RIDDLER ALL ALONG

So basically it should to be like James Bond, changeing the cast and crew every few years but keeping in the same universe? Sorry but that just dosnt work with comic book movies, with non-comic book movies when they fail they useually don't fail enough to prevent the studio from carrying on. When comic book movies fail however,they useually are disarsteurs and warrant reboots, you can't just change cast and crew like they do with James Bond. They tried something along those lines with Superman Returns, Bryan Singer felt that the first Superman movies were difinitive and rather than doing a complete reboot like he should have done, he tried to create what was basically a continuation.

I don't want to see Nolan's universe being used as an excuse for future directors to not try to do anything origional.

Judgeing from the ending of TDK, Nolan seemed to be planning for a Dark Knight Returns story, with Batman being hunted by the Police and a final confrontation with the Joker, However with Heath Ledger's death and the fact that Two Face is dead there are very few elemants from previous movies Nolan can carry over. So it looks like if he does do a third movie he probably wont have his heart in it as much as he did with TDK and BB, couple that with the fact that when you get two succsessful movies in a row the studio seems to think you should make the third movie complete a complete piece of "Please Everybody" fan service. If that happens the second movie could be Batman's Spiderman 3.

Hopefully Nolan will say:

"Sorry, but I just don't see anymore good stories to tell, I have become very imotional about this story over the years I have been doing it, and I don't see any reason to continue, no, I would rather quit than ruin things because the suits told me to."

However Nolan would probably just get dragged into it and go along with Warners fan service project, and when it is releassed it will show no real effort, as with every movie which is made when the director dosen't want to make it.

In short: Nolan dosn't want to make a third movie, yet warner bros will probably make him and he'll screw it up.

It's a fact, directors can't make movies they don't want to make. Just look at Sam Rami, he did'nt want Venom in SM3, however due to rampant fan demand he used him anyway and messed up the charecter.

Hopefully warner bros will realize this and let Nolan do as he wills, however, they probably wont and force him to go through with it.

(There is more to say, but I don't feel like saying it yet.)

i like Zach Snyder I think he is a key player in adapting comic books and that every director adapting a comic book should take note how Snyder did 300 and Watchmen

But i dont want him for Batman. David Fincher should direct if Nolan drops out

I could definitely get on board with Fincher, but I would much rather have the third film in 2012, with cast and crew returning.

Fincher Fincher Fincher :up:.

Eh, Nolan is coming back.

Actually down the road in 10 years, I would like to see Snyder do The Dark Knight Returns. That book I think lends itself much more to Snyder's directorial sensibilities than Watchmen does. It is more stylish and visual-oriented and romanticizes violence, while it is quite ugly and chaotic in the more-cerebral Watchmen (though I still look forward to his adaptation of that movie, for better or worse).

So in 10 years a Snyder-helmed DKR? Sure. But let's finish this kind of crime movie drama take on the early years of Batman (similar to Year One and The Long Halloween), before going back into heavy fantasy, which is what Snyder does.

P.S. TDKR is the perfect story to redo the Joker. Trying to get any actor to ape Ledger's performance just three years after his death will just seem hallow, I imagine and I'm sure Nolan is aware of that. But in 7-10 years, a very different take like this could also use Miller's very effeminate Joker who is quite stoic, sardonic and quiet. A very menacing character, but without much of the theatricality. I could see someone like Kevin Kline (or Johnny Depp in 10 years) doing this version to great effect.

I used to dream of having Fincher for Batman Forever back in 1994. But then again, he's still a good choice.

After Nolan quits of course.

Just have a little faith, guys... it's too early to talk about the third movie... all these stories are made for purpose, it's all marketing, gossip, rumors, WB need to continue spreading the Batmania, especially after DK had won 2 Oscars...

im sure the nolans and goyer will return, WB is somewhat pushing the proverbial 'panic button' in case that nolan decides that the story cannot surpass TDK...and if snyder were to be involved, i'd wait for the dvd to come out so when it's in fast forward motion it will seem normal.

PS: im aware that in film making while shooting slow-motion scenes, the speed at which they record on camera is much faster than that of natural motion

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"