Justice League Zack Snyder’s Justice League HBO Max Release: Movie Or Mini-Series?

Prefer a 4 hour long movie. Then JL2-3 as animated films followed by an extensive making of JL featurette!!

So whether you watch a film in one sitting or wait to binge, what difference does it make?

People who wait will wait regardless. Those aren’t people they’re targeting with this. It’s people who don’t wait to wait and will stick around as new content emerges.

I don’t think anyone who campaigned and waited for this thing to happen is waiting for it to finish before they watch, not in this age of spoilers.

I mean if you feel that strongly about it, I won’t stop you from feeing that way

but this is just what’s been discussed in a Hollywood reporter article, so try not to be too disappointed if this is what we’re getting.

It’s not like it’s uncommon for streaming platforms to have exclusive series.

They are not going to delay their entire streaming service by a whole year simply to complement people who are interested in signing up to watch Zack Snyder’s justice league.

that’s just not realistic in any capacity.

Last edited:
HBO MAX already has a pretty impressive library of content without even going into the potential original programming they have planned.

People will pay for it, especially with the state of the world right now. It may not do gangbusters it’s first year, but people will pay for it.

Yeah, I mean, every streaming service needs something to attract people to it in the first place and then the intention is those people will stay onboard because of the other content. Man, I remember way way back in 2010 when I signed up for Netflix, I only signed up because they were airing episodes of Spartacus they day after it aired on Starz and I didn't have Starz. I signed up just to watch that but I kept my membership because of everything else they offered. 10 years later I'm still a subscriber. lol

I think it is really going to be based on how long the cut really is and how long of a wait there was the next episode.

Are people voting for what they want or what they expect? I feel no one would be asking for it to be a miniseries if it hadn't been brought up

I want this to be formatted as a mini series, to show that a high production value series can work.

I voted movie, but I think mini series is probably how it's going to go. It's better to try to keep subscribers in for over a month than doing a 4 hr movie. Of course, there will be plenty of people who just sign up after the whole thing is done and binge it. I guess one benefit is that it could possibly go long than 4 hours by doing the series? I have a sneaking suspicion that part of the reshoots is them trying to add scenes to allow for it to smoothly transition to a chapter format.

Are people voting for what they want or what they expect? I feel no one would be asking for it to be a miniseries if it hadn't been brought up

I mean, yeah. Minds often change when you present them with options.

Snyder should give JMS (J. Michael Straczynski) a call to help them out. lol

Apart from his writing for DC & Marvel comics, his Babylon 5 is a masterpiece in TV sc-fi serial.

Agreed. If you asked me a week ago , I'd have said I wanted a movie (even if 3+ hours long). That hasn't changed because of the announcement. But I'll also take what I can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"