Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - Part 5

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by Thread Manager, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]534345[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]527165[/split]

3. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

A reminder to everyone....this thread is for discussing ZACH SNYDER DIRECTING THE JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE.

4. Seahawksfan

Seahawksfan Well-Known Member

Now that the dust has settled... I still find it amusing that people are saying that had Snyder been allowed to release his cut of the film, it'd be better received than the current cut.

Anyone else shocked that WB went along with Snyder for JL following BvS?

5. ManWithNoName18

ManWithNoName18 Well-Known Member

The way it was planned they had no time for course correction.

6. OdinSon

OdinSon Well-Known Member

Have people seen Snyders cut? If not, how can they make that claim?

7. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Lucky Number 13

The Snyder (for want of a better phraseology) version is based on the premise that JL 'experience' for his version within this universe was a two part film 'take' and so when WB condensed to a one film event, much or all of Snyder's footage became instantly redundant given his story arc for JL ran across two films, thus hence why the Superman material needed re-shooting for a one take film, the 'complete' A-B, no Darkseid lead into part 2 with 'evil' Superman. The three act play of events that ZS was looking to conclude with Superman's redemption as we got in the 2 hr version was in the second film of what his proposed two-part film WAS going to give us.

8. Jumpman

Jumpman Well-Known Member

Wrong. After the two part JL was taken off table, Snyder and Terrio revamped the script to contain it all in one film, minus Darkseid. So that's not correct in saying that the Snyder footage would've been redundant. Snyder shot the revamped script by Terrio. Fully and completely.

9. TheFuture

TheFuture Hey Yo

I've no real comment to make on whether Snyder's cut would have been better received, but for better or worse, he started this thing and should have ended it. At least that way if it was still an incoherent mess (would be hard to top the finished product mind), we would have known who to blame.

Now what we have a trilogy of films where 2 were incredibly divisive and a 3rd that does nothing for anyone; nothing for those who were invested up until now and nothing for those who forced a dramatic course correction too late in the day.

And this is what I had more or less anticipated, where all we were given was an empty vessel. For this reason I was incredibly sad seeing Snyder's name role in the opening as director. He'll forever get heat here for this trilogy, and the worst thing is that he couldn't end it on his own terms. It hurts.

10. Jumpman

If you watch all four trailers that we were given, maybe, maybe 10 shots between the four trailers is stuff Joss Whedon shot. Everything else is Snyder's and what's so damn interesting, sad, and infuriating, it seems to point to the same damn story.

If I had to put my finger on it, Snyder's film was absolutely lighter than BvS but not a light as the higher ups wanted. Plus, whatever he did with Superman...but I'm not almost 100% positive Cavill was never Black Suit/Evil Superman in this thing. Confused Superman? No doubt. But, evil? I ain't seeing it any longer.

This is just heartbreaking baffling.

11. Reel-Man

Reel-Man Well-Known Member

Absolutely 100% spot on.

12. idiot09

idiot09 Kicks side

13. TheFuture

TheFuture Hey Yo

I also believe more or less the same. Snyder had a lighter tone, perhaps a wry sense of humour akin to Nolan's use of humour, but also still had plenty of "heavy" stuff in there for Superman where his resurrection wasn't treated as a brief pit stop. He obviously didn't go far enough in what WB demanded.

Combine this with perhaps not having enough of WW as a central figure and this is what caused them to pull the trigger on Snyder....and who better to lighten the tone and give WW centre stage than Whedon? Not that I have a problem with more WW but it is what it is and not sure how people can deny it; significant changes were made to at least two characters, who were central to the plot, where they got gutted and rejigged to suit these changes.

As I said, it doesn't mean what Snyder did was going to be superior, but at least it was his story and he could of stood over it. It's certainly a more solid footing than the absolute ludicrous actions they ended up taking where no can be pinned down as being responsible other than well....the man whose name rolls in the credits as director.

14. MbJ

MbJ Well-Known Member

Which just goes to show the incredibly amount of hubris on WB's part. They should've waited to see how BVS was received before they actually pulled the trigger on an immediate sequel, but they scheduled it so shooting had to begin not long after BVS was released.

15. Jumpman

16. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Lucky Number 13

God, I hope.

17. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

This, so much this, what we did get instead was just an empty movie with a few fun moments. I felt no emotion at all at the parts I really should have.

18. Flint Marko

Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

Funny enough, I think the best movie in this trilogy was JL.

19. markjoedelonge

markjoedelonge Cap of Gotham

With that avvy, why wouldn't you?

20. Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie Well-Known Member

:hehe:

21. JannTosh

JannTosh Well-Known Member

I am not saying Snyder's cut would have been good but I would rather have seen that version. At least it likely wouldn't have felt like a half baked Avengers copycat and would have tied up the loose ends from BvS more (like Batman's dream)

22. Reel-Man

Reel-Man Well-Known Member

I think the last part was going to be explored in JL2 when it was split over two movies.

23. spideyfan77

spideyfan77 Well-Known Member

Love your enthusiam and love for snyder movies like me but your rating justice league as number above bvs and mos.....dont you like it best as well? Im just curious cause you seem to bash this movie a lot lol

Me personally:

BvS - 9.7
    MoS - 9

Wonder Woman - 8.5
    Justice League - 8.5

Tied but below wonder woman cause ww is a better film overall

24. SkullDevil

SkullDevil The White Portuguese

Mark ain't doing that, though. He along with most DCEU fans here is in some level or another disappointed with the Justice League movie we got.

25. DeadStroke

DeadStroke Well-Known Member

Reddit comment. Sadly I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.