Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss the 80s and 90s when heroes could just merk people up and it was fine. Nowadays, a warrior princess who has already killed multiple times on screen can't even behead an alien zealot without facing scrutiny.
I'm pretty sure Captain America has killed plenty of people or at the very least left plenty permanently paralysed.

Captain America was in a shoot out with a Loki goon in the first Avengers. I'm pretty sure he has no problem killing in the heat of battle.

By Smith's own admission Snyder's cut has lots of unfinished visual effects work. I doubt WB is going to hand over millions of dollars for Snyder to complete his version of the film.

I dont even want the cut anymore. I want an animated movie (or two). Thats what the fans should really campaign for and its actually something feasible for WB to do. Plus we could see all of the original ideas Zack and Terrio had in mind in that format without budgetary restrictions.

How can we start a new hashtag campaign for that? :o

Plus you'll get the original 2 parter instead of just JL.

Plus you'll get the original 2 parter instead of just JL.

Well the catch would be even if they did a two parter, you’d have to condense a lot of it into the 80-90 min animated format. So the pacing and a story would be truncated, which may not be a bad thing but that would be the challenge. Wr already saw how they could barely fit in enough in two hours with the movie we got. Lol

I'd like either the rough cut, or to read the original script

I want to see what the actors did and Snyder did as actors and directors. A book or animation only gives you story, which is probably the thing one can guess at the most. Anything but a film is contrary to the whole spirit of the Snyder cut.

I want to see what the actors did and Snyder did as actors and directors. A book or animation only gives you story, which is probably the thing one can guess at the most. Anything but a film is contrary to the whole spirit of the Snyder cut.

True, but I think we’re now at a point where we have to start thinking realistic options of seeing Zack’s vision...if any options exist at all. Warner’s not sinking 20-30mill to finish this movie. Thats not even an option. Releasing the unfinished workprint version...they COULD do that but its unlikely plus i dont think Zack would want an unfinished product out there. So whats left? A comic or best case scenario option: an animated movie ay least gives SOMETHING instead of nothing at all.

the something/nothing won't matter to the cult

either all or they keep campaigning

u guys might get ur nut after the batman/new gods results come back

just a waiting game

I miss the 80s and 90s when heroes could just merk people up and it was fine. Nowadays, a warrior princess who has already killed multiple times on screen can't even behead an alien zealot without facing scrutiny.

Tis' the magic sweet spot when one doesn't linger on the carnage. lol

WW straight up at impaled the vampire dude from 30 Days of Night with her sword, but Jenkins didn't linger with her camera, we just moved along.

My mans Zack would've twisted the entire audience necks to get a pov shot of his dead ass laying with a sword on his chest. I love him for it tho.

Tis' the magic sweet spot when one doesn't linger on the carnage. lol

WW straight up at impaled the vampire dude from 30 Days of Night with her sword, but Jenkins didn't linger with her camera, we just moved along.

My mans Zack would've twisted the entire audience necks to get a pov shot of his dead ass laying with a sword on his chest. I love him for it tho.

That’s one of the things that’s hilarious to me about WW. She straight murdered the wrong guy! But the movie just keeps plugging along lol.

Yeah they're still killing people left and right in these movies - both Marvel and DC. Only time audiences don't like it is when you do something to take them out of the fantasy element and bring them crashing back down to the reality of it.

I mean, he wasn't just a Nazi, but a Nazi overseeing the development of new poison gasses and wiping out entire towns to "test" them. No one was gonna be going "aw, he didn't even deserve it!" :funny:

True, but I think we’re now at a point where we have to start thinking realistic options of seeing Zack’s vision...if any options exist at all. Warner’s not sinking 20-30mill to finish this movie. Thats not even an option.

That's really it at this point. If it were just about spite or not wanting to release it due to it not matching up with their new direction for the franchise (since we know by now any plans Snyder had for future movies got axed), that'd be one thing, but the dollars and cents aspect is probably still the #1 biggest hurdle.

He did indeed deserve it. But it’s one of those things where Zack would’ve probably focused on her killing the wrong guy. Diana would’ve grown a beard and isolated herself in the mountains due to guilt lol.

Yeah, if them cgi shots aint finished then this is never getting released. I think most of them vocal fans should continue to raise money for his charity and support the dude with his next projects. I can see him one day releasing it as a comic or one of them fancy coffee books, but that won't be for a while.

Wonder Woman is set in World War One, not Two, so Ludendorff wasn't a Nazi.
Although Erich Ludendorff was an actual historical figure, who survived WWI and was involved with Hitler until they had a falling out, but he wasn't technically a Nazi.

I'm not sure whether or not he had superstrength in real life.

Wonder Woman is set in World War One, not Two, so Ludendorff wasn't a Nazi.
Although Erich Ludendorff was an actual historical figure, who survived WWI and was involved with Hitler until they had a falling out, but he wasn't technically a Nazi.

I'm not sure whether or not he had superstrength in real life.
I don't think the formal definition of Nazi is being used here. If any character exhibits the traits people associate with Nazis, then that term can be loosely applied.

Speaking in support of seeing an animated version of Snyder’s JL. WB seriously imo have a goldmine, potentially game changing opportunity in the animation department. Counter marvel’s what if narrative by doing something even more interesting I think. Make animated versions of several past failed adaptations of comic book movies that were very close to filming. It would be incredible to see these as animated films:

Tim Burton’s Superman
Miller’s JL
Aranofsky’s year one
Superman Flyby

Speaking in support of seeing an animated version of Snyder’s JL. WB seriously imo have a goldmine, potentially game changing opportunity in the animation department. Counter marvel’s what if narrative by doing something even more interesting I think. Make animated versions of several past failed adaptations of comic book movies that were very close to filming. It would be incredible to see these as animated films:

Tim Burton’s Superman
Miller’s JL
Aranofsky’s year one
Superman Flyby

Don't forget Jack Black's Green Lantern. Seriously though, this would be a really cool way of releasing the stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"