Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didnt? I dont know, Superman killing Zod looks like the easy way out a bit to me.
Maybe its just the way it was done but i never got the feeling that it was really the only way to stop Zod.
I get it was framed that way but over the course of the movie we have seen so much, but im supposed to believe Superman couldnt have stopped Zod any other way?
Why not cover the guys eyes with his hands or using all his strength to fly away?
Im not an expert but snapping someones neck doesnt strike me as easy as folding a paper.
But im looking at that way too hard probably, with that mindset i could question every scene in any movie.
The scene just never worked for me.

i do think the scene probably could have been done better - maybe even with some of the alternative actions you've listed here.
but what i meant bout zack not providing an easy way out - was how lot of times in the comics, they always write it in a way for the hero to save the day and still maintain his moral code.

superman is able to save everyone. batman is able to stop and capture a bad guy. all without having to compromise their codes.

could it have it been written and directed better to show how superman is truly tested?
sure it can. and we'd probably have less debates about it if it were. lol.

but the scene worked enough for me and i appreciate that zack actually went there with the character.

see, i'm not saying zack's some untouchable director. his stuff is flawed and largely an acquired taste.
but i respect that he's willing to go to places with these superheroes that other directors usually won't.
and how much someone prefers that depends on their own personal mileage.

i do think the scene probably could have been done better - maybe even with some of the alternative actions you've listed here.
but what i meant bout zack not providing an easy way out - was how lot of times in the comics, they always write it in a way for the hero to save the day and still maintain his moral code.

superman is able to save everyone. batman is able to stop and capture a bad guy. all without having to compromise their codes.

could it have it been written and directed better to show how superman is truly tested?
sure it can. and we'd probably have less debates about it if it were. lol.

but the scene worked enough for me and i appreciate that zack actually went there with the character.

see, i'm not saying zack's some untouchable director. his stuff is flawed and largely an acquired taste.
but i respect that he's willing to go to places with these superheroes that other directors usually won't.
and how much someone prefers that depends on their own personal mileage.

Yeah but isnt that how we like our heroes...saving everybody with a smile(so to speak)?
Maybe thats just me, but in general i want to have this clean thing...even for batman.
I get that this is more the marvel route, but im old school that way sometimes.

Sure the whole fundation of Snyders superman is a different, but i still found killing Zod way to simple...especially considering how much Snyder loves his symbolic.
But that is just me looking at this scene from a very specific direction, if you change the perspective then you have different opinion on the scene but i always come back to the same perspective on that one.

Which shows that maybe snyder wasnt completely wrong with trying a "deeper" approach that has people being able to look at stuff like that from various angles.

Superman didn't have any other way to stop Zod, he didn't have a phantom zone projector or kryptonite or a depowering chamber. Possibly there would have been other ways to get Zod away from that particular family, but that would just mean that the battle would continue, given the destruction that had already been caused, the longer the fight lasts, the more people die. Knocking Zod unconscious doesn't help, because what happens when he wakes up? There's no prison on Earth that could hold him, so the battle would just start again. Taking him to space doesn't help, because Zod can just fly back. And the longer the fight goes on, the higher the odds that Zod get a chance to kill Superman, which means every human being would die.
In that scenario, not killing Zod because it would upset your self esteem is an incredibly selfish act.

Pa Kent taught Clark that his going public would change the world, possibly for good, possibly for bad. That his actions were so powerful, he needed to be extremely careful, that leaping in too early, acting without thinking was dangerous. Jonathan saw the big picture, and taught Clark to see it too. Jonathan thought the kind of BVS pressures would be too much for Clark at that age. Clark and Jonathan both accepted personal sacrifices for the greater good.

MOS makes Superman face difficult decisions where he must choose the lesser evil. If you want Superman to be a useful role model for real life decision making, he can't conveniently duck the tough stuff. If "what would Superman do?" is to be useful to us in our lives, the answer can't be "well the writers woudn't have put him in that situation, because it might split the fanbase and damage the brand".

ELScmkbU0AAtLki

That mask. :hehe:

Just found out Snyder is the executive producer for Matt Reeves' Batman. Sign that he's made amends with WB?

Maybe he was an executive producer due to Ben's involvement and since it's still the same project technically.

Just found out Snyder is the executive producer for Matt Reeves' Batman. Sign that he's made amends with WB?
I would assume that's a leftover from Ben Affleck's tenure on the film. Same reason Affleck is (I believe) an exec producer on it.

I find it odd that Zack still posts Superman images but Cavill has practically distanced himself from not just Snyder Cut movement but also Zack. Only thing that Cavill has said in support of Zack so far is how he still loves MoS movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"