Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

So, I've read here that the Snyder Cut is getting a 4k release in the UK...Have I missed something or are we not getting any sort of Blu-ray release here in the states? Been busy lately so maybe I missed an announcement. I really want a physical copy of this rather than relying on HBO Max forevermore. Does anyone have info on a US release?

No news bro. Thats what i wanna know too. Im getting the feeling we shouldnt hold out breath. I’d pre-order the european version if i were you.

Zack Snyder is not very good with words in interviews, that part where Snyder apparently admits (paraphrasing here) that "he provoked fans" could be better stated as he encouraged and supported fanbase to carry on "release the snyder cut" campaign.

So he's not saying (as many seem to suggest) that he was enabling toxic fan base.

Listen Micromind, I am going try and say this as respectfully as I can but what you are you doing right there can be quite dangerous and is why many people out there are describing (and generalizing) Snyder fans as semi-psychotic cultists.

Here is the quote again:

“Here’s the reality,” Snyder said. “That fandom raised $750,000 for suicide prevention and mental health awareness. They’ve saved lives. That’s a fact. But on the other hand, was it fun to provoke them? For a clickable thing? Yes. And they were an easy target. But they continue to raise money. There are not a lot of fan communities whose primary objective, other than seeing work of a guy they like, realized their other main thing was to bring awareness to mental health and suicide prevention. For me, it’s kind of hard to be mad at them.”

It's true that Snyder (sometimes) talks like a concussed 15 year old jock but the above quote cannot be misconstrued as anything but Snyder enabling some of his cultists to bully others to get what he wants, which IMO makes him just as bad as Whedon, who also bullied others to get what he wants, only Whedon did it himself while Snyder let his fans do it for him. That is *****e bag behavior of the highest order as far as I am concerned.

As for BvS, WB removed 30 minutes from the movie and released it in theatres this lead to uneven flow and bad storytelling / editing which played a part in getting bad reviews apart from it not being a crowd pleasing movie.

And I say to you again, Snyder had no business making a 3 hour movie in the first place. Faige and the Russos got away with it when they made Endgame because their previous film made 2 billion and was universally praised while Zack's film prior to BvS under performed both critically and commercially.
Also, uneven flow/editing wasn't what sank the movie, it was rather the gross misinterpretation of it's titular , very iconic characters.

Last edited:
As for BvS, WB removed 30 minutes from the movie and released it in theatres this lead to uneven flow and bad storytelling / editing which played a part in getting bad reviews apart from it not being a crowd pleasing movie.

They needed to remove Lex Luthor, Doomsday and a few other things before that film would have been a success. Most of the cut content could have stayed cut with the only real exception being the scenes with Clark investigating.

Look, we’ll never really know but i think the 3 hr BvS wouldve faired better with critics but AUDIENCES on the other hand. Im not so sure the reception wouldve been different there. People were wanting a fun action packed Batman/Superman beat em up like GvK. I think thats why ZSJL has gone over much better with everyone, its much more superhero-y and action oriented than BvS somber political drama feel.

Look, we’ll never really know but i think the 3 hr BvS wouldve faired better with critics but AUDIENCES on the other hand. Im not so sure the reception wouldve been different there. People were wanting a fun action packed Batman/Superman beat em up like GvK. I think thats why ZSJL has gone over much better with everyone, its much more superhero-y and action oriented than BvS somber political drama feel.
A better critics opinion & score would have helped a bit in audience's expectation and the film would have fared better instead of the constant beating it originally received.

I think the original BvS, had it been marketed for what it was rather than what WB wanted us to think it was, would've fared about the same financially and a bit better (but still divisive) critically. That's provided it was largely the same film minus a few edits to land it a PG-13 rating.

A lot of the positive retrospect that film has gotten stems from a) how it set the stage for ZSJL and b) how it ended up reflecting the four years that followed its release. Without that insight at the time though, I can't imagine BvS: UE being that much more favored in any respect.

there was nothing wrong with going with a political drama. the problem i felt was that none of the characters were likeable. BvS didnt really make you want to root for anyone. when you dont like the main characters one tends to not care what happens next.

You know what BvS is kind of reminiscent of? War of the Planet of the Apes. Yes i know it did much much better with the critics but a lot of actual audience members were pretty cold on that movie because it really wasnt the exciting “WAR” movie that it was advertised to be. It was a bleak, dour drama that..:really barely had any action at all. I remember hearing people go “where is the “war”? In this movie?” And i think thats probably another case of the studio wanting something but the filmmaker delivering something else and marketing it differently.

"But on the other hand, was it fun to provoke them? For a clickable thing? Yes. And they were an easy target."
Y'know, I always read this as him saying that others were provoking them, Geek sites doing it for clicks, rather than Snyder saying he provoked them.

"But on the other hand, was it fun to provoke them? For a clickable thing? Yes. And they were an easy target."
Y'know, I always read this as him saying that others were provoking them, Geek sites doing it for clicks, rather than Snyder saying he provoked them.

Even if and that's a giant IF what you are saying is true, it doesn't excuse him not even making the slightest attempt to dissuade those psychos. I mean he constantly posts pics and tidbits about his JL cut but not once (as far as I know) did he tell those toxic fanboys of his to calm down and be more respectful, so he doesn't get a pass from his critics and shouldn't get a pass from his (more reasonable) fanboys either, and honestly his fan base had a huge hand in getting JL made but now it's his toxic followers and his enabling of them that's having a huge hand in dissuading WB from working with him anymore.

That was a great watch. Say what you will but he seems like such a genuine,kind, cool guy that loves making movies.
He does

Snyder comes off the kind of guy you can have some beers with and talk about movies & comics for hours

Even if and that's a giant IF what you are saying is true, it doesn't excuse him not even making the slightest attempt to dissuade those psychos. I mean he constantly posts pics and tidbits about his JL cut but not once (as far as I know) did he tell those toxic fanboys of his to calm down and be more respectful, so he doesn't get a pass from his critics and shouldn't get a pass from his (more reasonable) fanboys either, and honestly his fan base had a huge hand in getting JL made but now it's his toxic followers and his enabling of them that's having a huge hand in dissuading WB from working with him anymore.

The only time i saw him really adress it, was a few weeks ago when he slammed the Geeks and Gamers dirtbags.

Other than that, not much i think.
And that is a problem, not just with Snyder himself, also the "good part" of the fans.

Because the amount of bad and toxic crap that happened, was and is far too big as to not notice.
And being pretty quiet about it, sends the wrong signal.

Snyder doesnt seem to be bothered too much and what you see mostly from the good part is "We are not like them, we are tired of being generalized, they are just passionate etc"

Dude, the toxic fans literally claimed that supporting Matt Reeves Batman is insulting the death of snyders child.

That is bull**** especially snyder and his good fans need to rip to pieces.
Not some cowardly undecisive "its bad...but" crap.

Zack Snyder said:
But on the other hand, was it fun to provoke them? For a clickable thing? Yes. And they were an easy target.

This comment sort of encapsulates why I was never able to fully embrace the Snyder Cut movement. There has always been an air of "having one's cake and eating it too" when it came to how Snyder dealt with his fanbase as a whole.

Look, for better or worse I will always advocate for the filmmaker to have their vision realized on screen - so for that I am glad that he was able to get the Snyder Cut released. On top of that, the charity work done by a good portion of Snyder's fanbase cannot be understated. It is a genuine thoughtful accomplishment and the Snyders are right to give these fans proper recognition time and time again.

But you can celebrate the good and condemn the bad, and that's where Zack and Deborah have fallen short. There is a very clear sect of his fanbase that is outright toxic, and thus far it seems that the Snyders have been content to bury their heads in the sand regarding that particular group. For years, I've witnessed these people openly harrass other DC fans as well as filmmakers on other DC projects, and I've personally been told to kill myself on multiple occasions. Bullying is one of the significant contributing factors towards depression and suicide in today's society, and it would be appropriate for Zack and Deborah to openly condemn such actions being carried out by this group of fans. Are they obligated to? No. But when you have a platform and you have people bullying and harassing others on your behalf (in their minds at least), condemning these fans openly and directly is a significant step in disillusioning them. And these people should be disillusioned. You shouldn't want these people as fans.

But then you read a quote like the one above where Zack chooses words like "Fun to provoke" and "Easy target," and it seems that he is not interested in using his platform to curb that sort of behavior. Rather, he seems content to stoke these flames for personal gain. And from my perspective, that's incredibly disappointing.

Snyder genuinely supported fans, I don't think Snyder was having "fun" at their expense.

Only time he had some fun was when he posted photo of the Snyder Cut reel box prop from the movie, Army of the Dead.

Zack Snyder’s the only mainstream director I’ve seen whose been making rounds and poppin up on lots of fans’ podcasts and youtube channels to talk with them and stuff. U aint gonna see Christopher Nolan do that kind of stuff. The guy has done a ton to give back to the fans that supported him:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"