Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

The fan response has been tremendous on Reddit, IG and Twitter. The memes have been ****ing hilarious. It seems like the DC fan base has united against WB after these leaks. The DCEU needs a Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman as the foundation. Cavill wants to come back, the fans want him back, and his story feels extremely incomplete.

WB should make another JL movie, which obviously doesn’t need Snyder’s involvement. The franchise desperately deserves another chance. Retain Henry for the team up films and a Sasha Calle/Supergirl movie, and then maybe do a standalone Abrams/Coates Superman movie series. And if the notoriously reactive WB decides to ape NWH again, they could even do a Into the Superverse movie.
I agree that the Trinity is a viable box office draw but wheels are already in motion and contracts would have to be extended. Gadot will finish her 3rd part of her solo trilogy. She's been in 2 other movies. What happens if Flash is well received? Cavil still doesn't have a sequel which I think might be needed prior to any Trinity movie and if they recast a Superman, you'd need a new solo movie regardless. Then you have Pattinson's Batman in his own pocket universe. Some fans think he should stay in there and not be put in the other DC movies. So use Keaton or another Batman?

Anyone who deliberately roots for these movies/shows to fail is no DC fan. You don’t have to like how things went down, but don’t make things difficult for people who have nothing to do with the supposed problem (filmmakers and actors in said projects)

it just comes off as petty and vindictive.

I will continue my habit of going to see what looks appealing to me and ignoring what does not. Trying to deliberately tank the upcoming movies is something I ain't interested in either.

And with respect, comic book movie fans are a small percentage of the general movie going public. DC fans is a subset of CBM fans of that and we can debate whether Snyder fans are a subset of CBM fans or DC fans. But, I feel it's not enough of a boycott to move any needle. See the Last Jedi.

Posting this scene for no reason other than lawd this scene is 100% BATMAN. Zack nails s*** like this, ripped from a Jim Lee comic book panel. The cinematography and music was just perfect.

The visuals and the stylization he brought to the table were never in question, Ben looked like a billion dollars every time. The best suit and the coolest toys by far.

I agree with this, I don't care about Snyderverse, I am OK with them stopping now and rebooting after some years, but current WB manegement needs to go.

I agree with this, I don't care about Snyderverse, I am OK with them stopping now and rebooting after some years, but current WB manegement needs to go.

I mean its a bit like the Kathleen Kennedy situation.
All the bad stuff came from her, but also the great Star Wars stuff currently comes due to her.

Same with WB, for all the bad decisions...they also made good ones in the last 10-15 years.
Batman,Joker,Aquaman,Doom Patrol,JG SS,BOP etc.
For all the "We give Zack Snyder the keys to the DC universe and want him to create our main DCEU fast and hard so we can compete with Marvel and get our bonuses" decisions, they also made "Give Matt Reeves total freedom to do his batman how he wants to" decisions.

But in the end, yeah its for the best if they would get replaced.

All the bad stuff came from her, but also the great Star Wars stuff currently comes due to her.

Same with WB, for all the bad decisions...they also made good ones in the last 10-15 years.
For all the "We give Zack Snyder the keys to the DC universe and want him to create our main DCEU fast and hard so we can compete with Marvel and get our bonuses" decisions, they also made "Give Matt Reeves total freedom to do his batman how he wants to" decisions.

Another problem, beyond the studio, is that DC film fandom is far from united as far as DC films go and which direction they should go.

So when fans complain about the direction things are going , all WB hears are different factions, each with their own preferences, as opposed to a fanbase which is in agreement about one way to go.

Fans aren't really speaking with one voice, aside from "WB sucks".

Other than that, half the fans are yelling a screaming about "keeping the Snyder's vison ! " and the other half is yelling and screaming " Snyder vision sucked, lets move on!". Then there are fans somewhere in the middle.

So trying to persuade a gun shy, confused studio, with a polarized and fragmented fandom, isn't gonna be that effective.

In that sense , it also kinda reminds me of Lucasfilm and The SW fandom in which you've got a studio with big hits and misfires , combined with a divided fandom who seemingly can't agree on what the best course of action should be.

Though, to be fair, the SW fandom is far more divided than the DC Film fandom is Imo.

What's JG?

And yet the headline is totally misleading. Ben said everything in his life was awful at that time. It wasnt just "oh JL was the worst thing to happen to me" end all be all.

And yet the headline is totally misleading. Ben said everything in his life was awful at that time. It wasnt just "oh JL was the worst thing to happen to me" end all be all.
Exactly. The thing I took away from it was all the personal life stuff of his compounded by the tumultuous filming of JL (he mentions the clashing of agendas re: WB vs. Snyder & Co. behind the scenes drama) and Snyder having to leave to finally deal with his daughters passing. He also brings up the rushed reshoots. It was just a bad production, for many of the cast tbh.
I feel for Affleck because he was some great casting in the role, his Bruce Wayne is ripped straight from the animated series and comic books, his Batman had the best fighting sequences we've ever seen in the role. But throughout his whole time in the role, he dealt with nothing but noise: online criticisms for his casting, how aggressive his Batman was (this was after the online storm that followed MoS final act where critics complained of all the destruction and assumed death), lukewarm reception to BvS (the theatrical cut), the lukewarm reception to BvS leading to WB consistently messing with JL from the jump (remember, they initially greenlit JL as a 2 part event), WB tinkering with The Batman so much so that Affleck no longer wanted to be a part of it which led to it becoming what we'll see in March.
So as much as fans have come to really enjoy Snyder, Batman, and specifically Affleck's interpretation of the hero, is it too hard to believe that he longer wants to touch the role after all of that? On top of all of his personal struggles he was having. Yeah, I don't blame him one bit.

Last edited:
why do people believe discovery will bring back ZS? i dont know how this idea got started and im really intrigued by it

Just do a Justice League miniseries with Zack and finish the story. Then move on with another director/team.

why do people believe discovery will bring back ZS? i dont know how this idea got started and im really intrigued by it

Truthfully? Because some fans are in the bargaining stage of grief. Less snarky answer is that unfortunately, there's an entire subset of social media grifters who make their money off telling fans the Snyderverse will be restored any day now (Patreon exclusives, ad revenue from clicks, all that), and they've since had to shift the goal post since all the stuff from earlier this year has seemingly been debunked.

It's cause the Snyder Cut happened. There's a disconnect between finishing an existing movie with $70M and dropping much more than that for sequels. They don't care how much it costs, who has to be fired, who has to be replaced.

the only way snyderverse movies continue is if jeff bezos is a fan and decides to drop some $ to continue it on amazon prime lord of the rings style. :funny:

It’s probably the same reason why some people in America think JFK Jr is still alive, and he’s just waiting for the right time to reappear so he and Trump can run for office in 2024

In animation? Sure, why not? Continuing the story in in live action is practically impossible now.

they can save money by not using the actors likenesses nor their voices. but i dont think the die hard fans would want that

Truthfully? Because some fans are in the bargaining stage of grief. Less snarky answer is that unfortunately, there's an entire subset of social media grifters who make their money off telling fans the Snyderverse will be restored any day now (Patreon exclusives, ad revenue from clicks, all that), and they've since had to shift the goal post since all the stuff from earlier this year has seemingly been debunked.

you make some solid points. but over on reddit thats the line that most of the die hard ZS fans keep mentioning.

It's cause the Snyder Cut happened. There's a disconnect between finishing an existing movie with $70M and dropping much more than that for sequels. They don't care how much it costs, who has to be fired, who has to be replaced.

i mentioned this in the r/SnyderCut subbreddit and my comment was downvoted so hard it was funny. maybe its my fault for been there in the first place. they consider it their safe space

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"