Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

Always had a feeling Ray Fisher was being used as a puppet for Snyder. Poor Geoff Johns took a mountain of abuse that wasn’t even his fault.

Also interesting that the article makes it seem like Walter Hamada is going to survive the Discovery purge and stay in place as the DC Films chief.

Are you saying Ray Fisher was duped? That he couldn't think for himself?

It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he was in on it. He was cheerleading Snyder hard during those days.

I think Snyder took advantage of Fisher’s frustrations.

It does feel like Snyder took advantage of it a bit.
Same with his "fans", if you look at some of snyders comments, you can tell he knew about the more toxic part of his fans and didnt care how they got stuff going as long as they did.

And i mean he did have some "legitimite" reasons.
The way WB handled everything, bringing an ******* like Whedon into the mix and all...it must have frustrated and angered Snyder.
I doubt he expected things to blow up as they did, that this all became a self-feeding toxic ****show.

I have a hard time believing that Fisher was following Snyder's orders. Fisher publicly blasting Johns, Berg and Hamada when he did didn't really benefit Snyder in any way (or Fisher). The Snyder cut was already on its way and Fisher's beef would only harm the possibility of a follow-up movie (Snyder obviously wanted to tell the rest of the story). I can believe that Snyder was being pretty sneaky (taking the existing footage and then posting photos to fuel the fires of the fan movement) but I can't see him being so stupid and petty to screw his own future chances of directing more DC movies.

Even though im no #restorethesnyderverse zealot this seems like such a fruitless and vindictive article. Theyre releasing this article on the same day the movie is released on digital. Whats the point of an article like this at this point?
Related articles getting released isn't always timed. I think this was just to clear the air as the people in that stupid movement don't want to believe that a good chunk of followers aren't actual people. They're that delusional.

As for Fisher being backed by Snyder and him egging Fisher on, I kinda see why people would come to that conclusion. After all, his tirades finally stopped after he got hired for Rebel Moon. Regardless of what the truth of his story is, the dude acted like a complete prima donna with little evidence backing him aside from what was provided against Whedon. He's not cut out for Hollywood.

Always had a feeling Ray Fisher was being used as a puppet for Snyder. Poor Geoff Johns took a mountain of abuse that wasn’t even his fault.

Also interesting that the article makes it seem like Walter Hamada is going to survive the Discovery purge and stay in place as the DC Films chief.
I had a hard time believing from the start Johns being guilty. Johns usually has a decent reputation as one of the better personalities in the comic book industry. Yes, he's had awkward moments at points, but nothing like what Fisher was accusing him of. And the fact no evidence has turned up in the 2 years since the accusations began kinda seals that, unless someone else says otherwise and it turns out Johns was silencing people.

Also, Hamada was not in charge of DC's film division until AFTER JL comes out. Why not blame the guy before him who got booted? HE'S the one who made all those bad calls on JL, not Hamada.

The irony of Fisher saying to others to check their sources. :hehe:
Also, the bit about some of the SnyderVerse supporters on Twitter being bots in disguise was reported on before the Rolling Stone article. So yeah, Fisher is delusional.

I had a hard time believing from the start Johns being guilty. Johns usually has a decent reputation as one of the better personalities in the comic book industry. Yes, he's had awkward moments at points, but nothing like what Fisher was accusing him of. And the fact no evidence has turned up in the 2 years since the accusations began kinda seals that, unless someone else says otherwise and it turns out Johns was silencing people.

Also, Hamada was not in charge of DC's film division until AFTER JL comes out. Why not blame the guy before him who got booted? HE'S the one who made all those bad calls on JL, not Hamada.

The same Geoff Johns who wanted Cyborg to be "thugged out"

and still hangs out with Ethan Van Sciver who's one of the worst people in the comic industry?

and still hangs out with Ethan Van Sciver who's one of the worst people in the comic industry?

Yeah, Johns is not some innocent flower who got caught in the crossfire...on that front i will not go out of my way to defend him.

Can we all just move on from Snyder now? I'm so sick of him and his cult. Let them cry about the Snyderverse into an abyss. It's over... his vision (and Ultimate Editions/Director's Cuts) did not resonate in the way the studio putting up the money wanted. Have some dignity and move on.

That second bit was what I was referring to. That first one....yikes, Geoff, wtf? For the record, I just like most of the guy's writing, not him as a person.

Can we all just move on from Snyder now? I'm so sick of him and his cult. Let them cry about the Snyderverse into an abyss. It's over... his vision (and Ultimate Editions/Director's Cuts) did not resonate in the way the studio putting up the money wanted. Have some dignity and move on.

Agreed. This crap is really getting stupid. But don't blame us. Blame Fisher and the morons on Twitter who won't let this go and keep using that stupid hashtag and using the phrase "cry more" as a pathetic retort to criticism.

Last edited:

If Rolling Stone hadn't put out a hit piece on Snyder on the very day his movie releases digitally then nobody would have said anything though.

Just read the article. Talk about a death blow to #RestoreTheSnyderverse. ****ing yikes.

This has been a big point of contention for me this entire time. Zack Snyder has a very passionate (some might say radical) group of fans. He knows he has a platform, whether its Vero or Twitter. He hasn't spoken out against the toxic behavior of these fans once, as far as I'm aware. And while I've never seen him personally encourage such behavior, he has done more than his fair share of keeping their hopes up and letting this **** run on way longer than it should've. But when you know you've got fans out there spamming and attacking other DC filmmakers on social media, you gotta condemn it, man.

If there's truth to the findings in this article, it paints Snyder in a very different light. According to this, he is not only an active participant in the #RestoretheSnyderverse movement, he's arguably the ringleader. And on top of that, he weaponized his rabid fanbase on social media as a means of coercing studio executives and film reporters for personal gain? Not a good look at all.

Just saying, the fact that he's never come out to condemn the more radical behavior of his fans does lend credence to the idea that he took little issue with it.

Last edited:
Do I think Snyder could have and should have done more to push back against the abusive elements of the Snyder cut movement? Yes. Do I think he made some inflammatory comments that made things worse? Yes. Do I think he was some big mastermind behind the campaign of online abuse (including Fisher's public beef)? No. This whole article reeks of some WB executives still being mad that a filmmaker dared to defy them and managed to get his way (and that Fisher aired their dirty laundry).

Oh and I distinctly remember him denouncing the Geeks + Gamers YT channel.

Last edited:
Yikes.

FYABS6waMAAKS3M

Do I think Snyder could have and should have done more to push back against the abusive elements of the Snyder cut movement? Yes. Do I think he made some inflammatory comments that made things worse? Yes. Do I think he was some big mastermind behind the campaign of online abuse (including Fisher's public beef)? No. This whole article reeks of some WB executives still being mad that a filmmaker dared to defy them and managed to get his way (and that Fisher aired their dirty laundry).

Oh and I distinctly remember him denouncing the Geeks + Gamers YT channel.

Agreed 100% dude. Did Snyder probably egg on his followers and use the hashtag to his advantage to get his movie released? Absolutely. Was Snyder probably a bit petty against WB when his followers were blowing up the hashtag all over their accounts? Most likely yes. Does all this make him a bad guy though? Heck no. The guy had lost his daughter and was kicked off a movie that he poured his heart into. The dude was probably bitter and angry and wanted some sort of retribution for the way Warner Bros handled the whole situation.

Eh, either way. It is what it is. Just an ugly situation all around that WB wont ever seem to be truly rid of.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"