Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by flickchick85, Mar 25, 2021.

1. dhandler01 Half breed!

You can believe what you want. I don't...

I am sure James Gunn is itching to stick it to Snyder because...rando on Twitter said so.

Scarlet Spider likes this.
  2. DlAMONDZ Registered

You say that but first thing Monday morning they put out a hit piece against him, his film and his fans

WB has never done that. Not even for movies that were universally hated and or flopped

Yowza and idiot09 like this.
  3. Sorath Registered

WB has all ready stated that Snyder Cut would end Snyder's run with DC films. I won't make claim there no chance in hell of it happen. However Warner Bros. executive Ann Sarnoff has maintained that there is not plans to continue with Snyder films.

Maybe it will happen but all of you need to brace your self that it might never happen. Me I don't care one way or another. I swore after Justice League I would be done with DC films. I can't keep watching them put out terrible films after terrible films. Great Justice League was good but that follows a string of terrible films. WB does not have a good track record when comes to putting out good DC films. I just can't bring my self to keep watching them dump and misrepresent the DC universe and characters like they have. So I refuse to watch them.

I know I'm alone and all of you love it all and think its greatest thing sense swiss cheese and nothing I say is gone change your minds on that. I respect that you guys feel that way. Me I'm done its enough for me.

Its weird cause all my comic titles are DC cause I'm big time DC fan especially Superman. Yet I prefer Marvel films over the DC films. So its really odd for me. hehe

Scarlet Spider likes this.
  4. idiot09 Living in a society

Exactly. Also some of the reactions I see are so dumb. I mean if you claim you are a fan of BvS, and are shocked that JL is a lighter movie, then sorry to say but you didnt understand BvS. And I see that so often, people who claim they are fan of the movie but say **** about the movie that is just not true. Like when fans say BvS didnt have jokes, or that the movie criticised Batman's no kill rule... I'm like what movie did you watch bro lol

It goes with my theory that a lot of the love/hate of a film falls down to hype/bandwagon. That's all there is to it. I was actually worried that a lot of fans might not like ZSJL because of the movie that they had built up in their heads over 4 years, so I was so pleased to see unanimous praise and love for the film from the fandom. It truly is the best possible ending.

Which makes me totally fine with this being the end of the trilogy. I'm cool with it.

5. Greenlite Registered

I would be interested to see if WB drops DC news and trailers like mad the week after GvK comes out

idiot09 likes this.
  6. Manny Moo Registered

Also some of the folks asking why people think there are those who just want to dump on Snyder's movies are the ones commenting in every thread, everyday, about something they say they don't like or downright despise. It almost feels like some need to ensure that everyone is aware of how much they don't enjoy something. I don't know what anyone gets from such repetitive negativity. ok, cool. That's a way to roll I guess. But dont be surprised when people call it odd or if people see that such things happen. Of course there is no great conspiracy from other directors or whatever, but WB has been very very shifty about this doing as well as it has.

7. idiot09 Living in a society

Exactly. Its my biggest problem with the movie.

The movie was going perfect till the sixth chapter. I feel like the sixth chapter should have been called "A father twice over". After the group shot at the end, move to a newsreport about the world reacting to the return of Superman and this new team of heroes, and how Luthor has escaped from Arkham Asylum. Cut to Deathstroke meeting Lex. Cut to Cyborg fixing the recorder and let the ending play out with the shirt rip, and end the movie on a high note. Let it rest for a couple of seconds on a black screen with the music playing before "Epilogue : Something darker".

Then the final knightmare scene. Also another huge problem I had with the ending was the music in the Martian Manhunter scene didnt end on the crescendo of the theme, it builds up but stops randomly. That's the last change lol. I think then the ending would have been perfect.

DeadStroke likes this.
  8. dhandler01 Half breed!

It has been bugging me for a week now but Affleck in the final scene reminded me of someone but I could not place it. Finally did...

[​IMG]

gohei_ and idiot09 like this.
  9. Greenlite Registered

Ya the ones laughing at Fiona really need to show evidence that she actually didn’t like the film, otherwise it’s just really petty fake news to let random people to use this to smear her.

Let’s how you make up fake info and hurt people

10. idiot09 Living in a society

Ann Sarnoff : No more Snyderver--
    Fandom coming in with over 1.3M tweets :
    [​IMG]

#85 idiot09, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  11. Greenlite Registered

Russia Russia Russia :funny:

(Junkee said one of the people at WB actually said Russian bots)

blackdragon6 and idiot09 like this.
  12. SupermanFan Registered

13. Predator jp blast from the past

i'm sure WB wants to scream "but but you are the ones who hated Snyder and wanted him gone!" right now lol

jondoe likes this.
  14. idiot09 Living in a society

Ann Sarnoff will not be pleased about this lol. She literally dug her own grave with this tho, the fandom was just chilling celebrating JL, before she came in with the "well actually" to spite fans. I saw people saying "I'm not even interested in the snyderverse, just tweeting it to annoy WB"

15. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Of course WB is "shady" about this release. They wanted nothing to do with it from the start. They probably saw AT&T's hijacking of it as an act of sabotage against their own current plans, which only happened because their new sister company HBO Max was flailing at launch and desperately needed some insta-buzz. It also came around the same time as some major layoffs at WB, DC Comics, HBO and other divisions, let's not forget. So to say that WB and AT&T probably don't have the smoothest working relationship right now would hardly be a leap.

But on that Twitter trending...we've seen multiple cases of online buzz not translating to box office $$$. You know what 1.27 million viewers translates to in $$$? With the average movie ticket price in the US being $9.16, if every single one of those tweeters put their money where their mouth is and shelled out for the sequel on opening weekend (which some often don't, because many viewers continue to feel entitled to things they don't pay for), that's about $11.6 mil, aka, a flop opening weekend at the domestic box office. Of course, it would make more than that thanks to casuals, but would need 10x that many people from the non-tweeting general audience to actually want to see it right away too in order to look moderately successful. And then they'd need those people to like it enough to see it multiple times, like they absolutely didn't do with Zack's previous DC films, so based on the diminishing returns from this incarnation of the franchise, the business prospects just aren't great. Look, I get it. The movement is loud online. No one's denying that. But until that volume translates clearly to serious money to be made, WB ain't "stupid" for not listening to it and not abandoning the multiple plans they currently have in development to focus on that instead. By all reports I've seen, the Snyder Cut has done well, but not "stop what you're doing, stand up and take notice" well. It had a good weekend of streaming. But that's it so far. 2/3 of those people from one outlet who started it opening weekend hadn't finished it yet as of 2 days ago. That's a red flag. They certainly won't be chomping at the bit for multiple viewings, then, especially if they actually had to pay for it. We have yet to see if this thing gains any real traction beyond the same fans who spent years campaigning for it now campaigning for more (which it might! I'm not ruling it out!). It's a waiting game. Right now, WB is not interested, and they haven't been since 2017. And I think it would take a lot more than a Twitter campaign (even with 2 or 3 million more tweets!) to get them interested. They have their own stuff going, their own plans in the works, their own contracts signed, and are understandably attempting to keep the focus on those projects, instead of a movie they literally didn't even want to release and moved on from 5 years ago.

So yeah, I think there's actually a good chance they did that interview when they did deliberately, to make it clear where they stand. Not for nefarious reasons like the movie villains some fans are trying to paint them as, but like a studio who's out to protect their own interests. And their interest is simply not Snyder's JL, y'all. This was NOT a "hit piece." Sarnoff was polite and diplomatic as possible about Zack and his vision. But the point of it was to make it clear that they are done, and that they have already moved on. It was a "reality check" piece. Because they have their own slate to promote, and it hasn't had anything to do with Zack Snyder's JL for years now. Here's the thing y'all are ignoring: in Hollywood, no one's pride is put above making money. If they legitimately thought more Snyder JL would be a sure financial bet, they wouldn't prioritize anyone's feelings or ego over that cash grab. But simply put, it's not. Not even close to a safe bet, as history has proven.

Or look at it another way: Imagine a famous celeb couple. Party A was Party B's boss in some way under the same corporate umbrella, and they have a messy public break-up, with Party A getting most of the blame in a PR disaster. Party A manages to pick up the pieces and goes on to have other relationships and steady moderate career success. Party B fades into the background for a while, but comes back 5 years later with a new surge of popularity, based on some stuff that they produced when the couple was still together. Suddenly, there's a fan campaign for them to get back together, for Party A to re-hire Party B and collaborate again, even though Party A has moved way the hell on. You think Party A loves this? Of course not. Who honestly would? So the PR game being what is, Party A makes a point to get out there and be diplomatic as possible and "support the brand," while also trying to make it clear that "we're not getting back together" and keep it focused on their actual stuff. That's what this WB interview was to me. It's not spite, it's business.

16. SupermanFan Registered

The timing was awful and for me the worst thing, it’s why it shows that article was ready to drop that day no matter what happened. They were just ready to bury it. Why not let fans enjoy the ride and actually bother to see how well it does? Absolute joke.

Greenlite likes this.
  17. Micromind New World New Rules

Fan Wars : Attack of the Bots.

Greenlite likes this.
  18. Greenlite Registered

19. DlAMONDZ Registered

The people running their their social media channels with no say in the matter are gonna have to scour through a sea of Snyderverse stuff for the foreseeable future. That's gotta suck

idiot09 and TheIronist like this.
  20. Micromind New World New Rules

So, should we believe that Samba tv survey report that 2/3rd of viewers didn't complete watching the movie even after 2 days ?

I think the article made it clear that the monitoring software can only measure number of people who watch it in full but it cannot count the number of people who choose to watch in parts over a period of time.

In short, the information from that survey was incomplete and it may lead wrong results.

21. Greenlite Registered

1) we don’t know if the 2/3 have finished it or not, do you have the follow up stats?

2) 1/3 watching 4 full hours on one go sounds pretty good to me lol

3) 11M box office right now in 2021 is pretty hot lol. We are talking streaming why all of a sudden using box office as a measure? Some streaming stats to back up the argument would be great

How about each user buy blu ray + funko, $100 each, x 1 million = 100M, and that’s Twitter users, how many did they ban this year lol, and you have 2 bIllion Indians and Chinese, on top of non US Twitter users worldwide

4) and yes Twitter trends doesn’t mean everything but it doesn’t mean nothing either

5) Business and spite goes hand to hand, if you own businesses surely you would know how many petty spiteful POS are out there in the business world.

I could make the same argument forcing a grieving Snyder out of the position so they can get their bonuses is not spiteful, it’s just business

TheIronist likes this.
  22. flickchick85 Admin of Might

The video interview that ScreenRant got that info from said they hadn't finished it and that the numbers were "fresh from today." Which was Wednesday. The interviewer suggested they might finish later and the Samba guy was like, "sure." But they had started it over the weekend and hadn't finished it by Wednesday.

I'm not using streaming stats for my hypothetical because we don't know those, the economics of streaming are still being figured out, and frankly no one has a consistent way of measuring them yet. Box office is a universal flat metric with a baseline to go by, and is still what the industry thinks in terms of for major franchises (which is why most movies have been delayed for theatrical release). Big budget streaming projects are still major gambles for everyone.

And you know all those people ain't spending that money, lol. WB knows it too.

Twitter trends may mean something, but not enough to greenlight what most of these campaigners seem to want. It's easy to campaign for something when all you have to do is hit "tweet." That's just not guaranteed money for a studio, and never has been for past fan campaigns. Even the rare ones that actually successfully got movies made (on much tinier budgets) struggled to garner a profit for their studios.

But that's exactly right, WB forcing Snyder out wasn't personal (or "spiteful"), it was business. That's why it was so awful, because it was so blatantly cold and unsympathetic to a guy who'd just been through a tragedy. But that's what the movie business is, and has always been. I'm not saying they're the "good guys," I'm saying they're a business. And they're always gonna do what they believe is best for their business. No matter how many fanboys on the internet think they know their business better than them and call them "stupid" for it.

23. harlequinade DayGirl

I saw both RestoretheSnyderverse and HannibalDeservesMore trended in the last 24h
    [​IMG]

dhandler01, idiot09 and TheIronist like this.
  24. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Oooh, what's prompting the Hannibal thing? Did Fuller give another interview or something?

25. Micromind New World New Rules

#ReleaseTheAyerCut.

Yowza likes this.