Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Steppenwolf designs are there ? lol.

Ee8oa-AKXs-AE2n-H2.jpg

I am unable to find the source of the picture in the middle. It shows up when you look for it but it's never attributed to anyone so I'm unsure from which movie that is from.

The one on the left is the pre-viz version and resembles some pieces of concept art pretty closely

But they then decided to go back to the BvS design it seems

Snyder's designs are pretty consistent with the exception of the head.

Snyder indulging himself a little bit too much there with a poor quality still. This is what irritates me about him at times when he displays a god type complex, handing down some scraps for the people to lose their minds over.

And I say that as someone keenly looking forward to release.

I though this was a fun tease. The only gripe I have with him releasing unfinished footage and low-rez stills is that it just gives ammo to all the haters who are going "looks like ****".

I though this was a fun tease. The only gripe I have with him releasing unfinished footage and low-rez stills is that it just gives ammo to all the haters who are going "looks like ****".

It shows enough IMO. Enough to show the fans that we will be getting something completely different.

tenor.gif

It shows enough IMO. Enough to show the fans that we will be getting something completely different.

tenor.gif

Oh I agree. It's clear that he's communicating just with his hardcore fans here which is neat. But every time he now posts something, major geek news sites pick it up and haters smell blood in the water. I know I shouldn't be that bothered what other people think but the sheer hatred towards this movie and Snyder is so incomprehensible to me. I hope the finished film proves them all wrong (although nothing will probably be able to change their minds).

Snyder indulging himself a little bit too much there with a poor quality still. This is what irritates me about him at times when he displays a god type complex, handing down some scraps for the people to lose their minds over.

giphy.gif

Oh I agree. It's clear that he's communicating just with his hardcore fans here which is neat. But every time he now posts something, major geek news sites pick it up and haters smell blood in the water. I know I shouldn't be that bothered what other people think but the sheer hatred towards this movie and Snyder is so incomprehensible to me. I hope the finished film proves them all wrong (although nothing will probably be able to change their minds).

:up:

I am sure ZSJL will be cut from the same cloth as MoS and BvS UC. If you enjoyed BvS, no doubt you will enjoy ZSJL. It will continue along the same lines with the same tone IMO. It sounds like Zack is reverting to the pre-JL interference to finish up the story. Some will like it some will not but the quality and production value and performances will be up to snuff IMO.

The theatrical version of JL was too smooth for my taste. Too much time in the tumbler. Softened the impact a lot. No "real" perceived threat or danger or consequence.

This SW will strike fear and danger in the hearts of persons...The stakes will be raised IMO

This seems very cynical to me.

looking forward to the "violent" battle...

s4xqmzxu51541.jpg

These are the guys who were guarding the underwater motherbox, right? At least the same armor. I wonder what they're doing on location (because that underwater scene was obviously shot against agreen screen in a studio). Could it be the same location where this Mera still was photographed?

nintchdbpict000274343895.jpg

I guess I was just annoyed that he didn't give us a clear picture of the face. Apologies to anyone my post wound up.

Of all the things that pissed me off about Whedon's film is the change of design to the character was quite high on the list, so I am just eager to see more.

I think he wants to tease and build interest but not spoil so he showed a low-res image to just confirm the new SW.

I was also disappointed by the SW design. Face looked ok in some scenes and stills. It was the motion that was seriously lacking. Cartoonish. I've said before that the speaking face moved too slow. I've played it at 15% faster and it works better.

The armor was not well thought out IMO. Looked very stiff and glued-on, unnatural.

Now we know why...

WB was too fraidy-scared. They wanted to try and chase the Marvel train and mis-understood the complaints and listened to a vocal minority.

Marvel killed Trillions. They destroyed worlds. They killed lots of people with extreme prejudice... but since there was not an outcry of the wreckage and "people" say Marvel films are better and "FUN" WB saw it as the way to go. But they took the wrong cues and went TOO far.

WB thought if they eliminated the "threats and damage and added "out-of-place humor they could chalk up a Bill- win.

They took away the danger, fear and reason for the hero's to act. They homogenized the story and made it a G rated film. WB apparently still does not know its audience.

I am not saying Snyder is everyone's cup of tea and even if the details can be debated, at least it was a well thought out vision...

I think he wants to tease and build interest but not spoil so he showed a low-res image to just confirm the new SW.

I was also disappointed by the SW design. Face looked ok in some scenes and stills. It was the motion that was seriously lacking. Cartoonish. I've said before that the speaking face moved too slow. I've played it at 15% faster and it works better.

The armor was not well thought out IMO. Looked very stiff and glued-on, unnatural.

Now we know why...

WB was too fraidy-scared. They wanted to try and chase the Marvel train and mis-understood the complaints and listened to a vocal minority.

Marvel killed Trillions. They destroyed worlds. They killed lots of people with extreme prejudice... but since there was not an outcry of the wreckage and "people" say Marvel films are better and "FUN" WB saw it as the way to go. But they took the wrong cues and went TOO far.

WB thought if they eliminated the "threats and damage and added "out-of-place humor they could chalk up a Bill- win.

They took away the danger, fear and reason for the hero's to act. They homogenized the story and made it a G rated film. WB apparently still does not know its audience.

I am not saying Snyder is everyone's cup of tea and even if the details can be debated, at least it was a well thought out vision...
Forbes, Collider, Campea and the like have a lot to answer for leading the line in getting WB to change direction literally as production was about to start on JL, but it's important not to forget that BvS was panned by critic and shill alike. I'm a supporter of Snyder but I get that his work is polarising to say the least.

They're calling it an Elseworld story now but to me that's what the Snyderverse always was, and WB's biggest mistake was not realising that.

That's pretty much the only way I'm going to like this design in its execution; if he transforms, if there's some sort of "werewolf" component to it. Without that, some organic reason for it, the whole thing just looks kind of ridiculous and overdesigned.

supposedly getting four-arm Cyborg too...

91a6a1b0d2c33c421004c34a0f154d4b.jpg

He doesn't have them in that scene based on the snippets we've seen of Snyder's footage though. And if he has them there then why doesn't he have them during the final battle (which we've also seen snippets of)? I guess we'll see. We do know for a fact, however, that at some point his armor covers his entire face with only the red eye showing.

I could see him looking like this in the new Knightmare scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"