Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wears this one during the opening/birthing scene as well.

man-of-steel-image-1.jpg
I think the robe part is the same. They put the shoulder pads and crest over it for the court scenes. Cape attached to the pads. I think.

Its kind of cool that the VFX people were able to make the transition on Cavill’s suit look seamless. Like it literally looks like Henry is wearing a actual black suit and not one that was color converted in post. And it couldnt have been easy either, i imagine that must have been a tedious task for the VFX people to do.

Made a list of all the completely reshot scenes if interested.

1. Superman cell footage
2. Batman vs robber and parademon
3. Bruce and Alfred plane
4. Barry signing in
5. Cyborg and his dad talk
6. Lois and martha at the Planet
7. Cyborg learning about Bruce and Diana
8. Bruce and Diana on the lake
9. Russian family and Steppenwolf
10. Vic goes home silas missing
11. League in "cave" hanger
(Batman on roof with WW at scout ship)
12. Bruce and Alfred
13. Superman vs Bats (all Clark dialogue)
14. Batcave post monument battle
15. Bruce and Diana talk
16. Lois and Clark in the field (start - "are you okay" to Martha's arrival)
17. Batcave ready up.
18. Batplane plan and Aquaman Lasso
19. All Russian family segments
20. Trinity banter
21. End montage from Cyborg and his dad to WW and the kids.

Burtonverse, Raimiverse, Snyderverse

all series’ with a unique take/style on each respective character involved

Dont forget based king Nolan.

Hopefully a Reeves-verse soon as well. I know people like their labels for their head canon, but only the main comics run are canon. Everything else, be it animation, games, films are elseworld. Literally every DC film ever made is an elseworld...its the filmmaker's/producers idea of what the story/character is. Maybe DCEU could be seen as its own continuity, but considering how post 2016 they keep breaking their own rules again and again Fox X-men style, its barely lol

I dont mind it though.

Lets settle this

Who was better in MoS. Crowe or Costner

Better character Pa Kent or Jor-El

Since ZS'JL will have 4 different "chapters" , viewers can pause it and watch the rest of it later, like episodes of some series.

Would have beated GvK too if it was posted on the WB YT channel(9.5M subscribers), rather than the HBO Max channel(~500k subscribers). But that only shows the demand and interest in this.

I think this movie will be a success for HBO Max. Its definitely not just a few people who are interested in this that's for sure. This alternate director's cut of a hated movie is getting more attention than proper blockbusters. Bloggers try to create a narrative where everything either needs to be the best most loved thing, or the worst most hated, but truth mostly falls somewhere in the middle.

Are these universally loved movies? No. But that's totally okay because there are a lot of people who are fans of the previous movies and I think that's only gonna increase after ZSJL. This movie being released is testatment to that, and in many ways its vindication for BvS. I saw the tide slowly changing post release of BvS UE, but after 5 years I have definitely seen a slow but steady shift in perception of these movies. I think history will be kinder, and I can definitely see these films being cult classics in retrospect.

Last edited:
For me, ZS's 'comic book' films are 'classics' already, we don't have to wait years for that to be the case.

Personally, I love(d) the fact he essentially makes fan-films on a larger scale and doesn't buy in to 'general audience' hand-holding.

Would have beated GvK too if it was posted on the WB YT channel(9.5M subscribers), rather than the HBO Max channel(~500k subscribers). But that only shows the demand and interest in this.

I think this movie will be a success for HBO Max. Its definitely not just a few people who are interested in this that's for sure. This alternate director's cut of a hated movie is getting more attention than proper blockbusters. Bloggers try to create a narrative where everything either needs to be the best most loved thing, or the worst most hated, but truth mostly falls somewhere in the middle.

Are these universally loved movies? No. But that's totally okay because there are a lot of people who are fans of the previous movies and I think that's only gonna increase after ZSJL. This movie being released is testatment to that, and in many ways its vindication for BvS. I saw the tide slowly changing post release of BvS UE, but after 5 years I have definitely seen a slow but steady shift in perception of these movies. I think history will be kinder, and I can definitely see these films being cult classics in retrospect.

I remember some people questioned (and criticized) the "Knightmare" scene from BvS, calling it jarring and adding nothing to story being told. Some even suggested that it broke the flow of the story as it was "out of place".

After watching Joss Whedon's JL, some (same ?) people were convinced that the "Knightmare" scene shown in earlier movie (by Snyder) lead nowhere and was an example of Snyder's poor storytelling ability.

Now, finally we will get to see more of it and know why it was included in BvS.

So you know how the colour pallets chances to a more blue one in the shot of supes flight 2.0, to me when he takes off it almost looks like a different background to the other shots before it. Curious if anyone else can spot what I'm seeing?

This is powerful

It's kinda poetic, that one of Superman's most iconic scene/moment in comics is him talking a girl out of suicide, and now this whole movement of the Snyder Cut kind of forever linked to suicide prevention and bringing positivity and hope to the world.

That number is completely wrong- The Batman got 20 million views on Twitter alone in the first 24 hrs. And I don't think the channel makes that big of a difference, The Witches got 20 million on HBO Max's channel, and that was without Gadot, Affleck,Leto mentioning the trailer to million of followers

I remember some people questioned (and criticized) the "Knightmare" scene from BvS, calling it jarring and adding nothing to story being told. Some even suggested that it broke the flow of the story as it was "out of place".

...Now, finally we will get to see more of it and know why it was included in BvS.

I would be one of those some people. ;nd

I quite liked BvS (as you might remember from the EyesSkyward days :yay:). But the movie had a few flaws; and I’d count “Knightmare” among them. Even as a wacky dream sequence, it did seem somewhat incongruous and perplexing.

It’s an interesting point, though, as to what degree additional info/clarification in a sequel can retroactively “rehabilitate” an earlier film.

I would be one of those some people. ;nd

I quite liked BvS (as you might remember from the EyesSkyward days :yay:). But the movie had a few flaws; and I’d count “Knightmare” among them. Even as a wacky dream sequence, it did seem somewhat incongruous and perplexing.

It’s an interesting point, though, as to what degree additional info/clarification in a sequel can retroactively “rehabilitate” an earlier film.
Even without more explanation the knightmare sequence suggested foreboding. It frightens him and Bruce understands it as a warning and it colors all his future thoughts and actions.
That’s what I got from it anyway...

I know we are getting more context with the Knightmare now, but even in context within the movie, Batman's story is predicated on fear of Superman. So while it is foreboding a future conflict on one hand, the sequence is also showing Bruce what he fears: a world where Superman has gone rogue. So, the sequence still works even without context in future films IMO. It speaks to Bruce's frame of mind.

Yeah but then a dude comes flying in with a mustache spouting crap about being too soon and that lois Lane is the key. It's a massive head scratcher that doesn't get explained or bad place even mentioned. But like with thors pool vision scene in age of ultron, the knightmare will make sense after watching justice league....hopefully.

Yeah but then a dude comes flying in with a mustache spouting crap about being too soon and that lois Lane is the key. It's a massive head scratcher that doesn't get explained or bad place even mentioned. But like with thors pool vision scene in age of ultron, the knightmare will make sense after watching justice league....hopefully.

Even that part ends with "You were always right about him" which can be taken as Bruce was right he is a threat. But yes, the portion of that sequence with the Flash doesn't work as well in context. That I can get on board with. But the rest of the sequence I think is fine in context.

The Knightmare sequence was quite terrifying to watch in the Ultimate Cut. I think it also added a lot of madness to the movie. Even in the TC. I am excited to watch the other dream sequence as well in ZSJL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"