Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm how official are these becauae steppenwolf has an omega beam out of I e eye.

Offocially official ones by Jim Lee, one is Bermejo and I’m not sure who did the other. All variants for the next issue of JL.

The insane Will Beall script:

The 'Justice League' That Might Have Been: We've Seen the Script

Steppenwolf is the lead villain with Darkseid as the behind the scene mastermind.

DC heroes -- allies who knew each others’ identities. They meet up at the Metropolis Diner.

Amanda Waller & King Faraday run the Department of Metahuman Affairs.

There are the Green Lanterns in the deep space: John Stewart & Thanagarian Katar Hol / Hawkman. They engaged with Desaad.

Superman kidnapped & taken to Apokolips by Steppenwolf & the Parademons.

Darkseid, a brainwashed Superman invaded Earth.

Batman used a special armour to fight Superman, Wonder Woman released Superman from Desaad’s mind control.

Superman goes through a Boom Tube, traveled eleven years into the future to find that Darkseid wiped out most of the Earth’s population.

that should be a graphic novel. Or like Into the Spiderverse..

Off topic, but i wished we got a chance to see Rick Famuyiwa's version of The Flash, and Gareth Evans Deathstroke. :argh:
Famuyiwa’s The Flash is the only one of the cancelled DC projects (I guess aside from potential Birds of Prey sequels) I was sad about. What a perfect choice he was.

BP was visibly cartoonish, but I was so damn into the movie and that fight that I didn’t even care. And it didn’t look as bad to me in the theater in either viewing as it does in that still image.

So, yeah I agree that this stuff is still designed to be seen in motion and with a certain screen quality as well.
Still the best thematic Marvel movie. The other Marvel films just do the MCU things better "cgi/action" so thats why I dont think people grade it as high. Nornmmally doesnt have a very obvious flaw
I swear you can set your watch to every time someone mentions the black panther scene when the vfx in this justice league movie is discussed

its the go-to every time
Marvel sacrificed its CGI on that film so Thanos could brood convincingly. No one can change my mind on that lol
I agree. Wasn’t “that” bad considering the environment either. Very “unreal” exaggerated shots. A little cartoony but not enough to ruin it.
Of course you wish for better but...
No it was really bad in the theater. Luckily it was the Marvel film that tried the most to not be a Marvel film (until the 3rd). I dont mean that as a bad thing for the film or Marvel. I like when things feel different. I will say the 4K at home is decent.

How does bad CG in BP allow better CG in avengers?

is that how movie budgets are decided? Save some cash from one to put in another.

How does bad CG in BP allow better CG in avengers?

is that how movie budgets are decided? Save some cash from one to put in another.

Time. That seems to be the crux of the argument. They forced the VFX house to do the BP work in less time so they had more time for Thanos.

Just found out I can watch SC on Neon here in NZ. Neon is in my Vodafone box so I can watch it on my 55 inch.

14 day free trial here we come :funny:

Seems whoever is still in contract with HBO in respective countries is going to show SC on their service.

Here in Australia, Foxtel/Binge has been the exclusive streamer for all shows HBO and they announce today too that SC coming on the same day as the US.

Time. That seems to be the crux of the argument. They forced the VFX house to do the BP work in less time so they had more time for Thanos.

Thats not completely accurate. BP had reshoots and the ending was changed. so they were starting fresh on the cgi for the ending just 2-3 months before it was premiering. it never stood a chance of looking great.

infinity war and endgame had mostly been shot by then. they way more time, years even to work on those movies cgi.

i think most vfx company like to start as soon as the movie goes into production. that why previs are greatly appreciated by the vfx companies.

for a movie this scale, ZS would have had previs done on for his story boards. so the vfx companies were just picking off were they left off.. they weren't starting from nothing, so its not going to look bad like some think it will do. they have had more than 2-3 months which BP only had.

i think people feel this way cuz they want this movie to be perfect and you only set yourself up for disappointment with that mentality. let the movie be dont put it on a throne. at least not yet.

I just think the first Flash movie should focus on the character, the movie we're getting seems to be focusing on everything but Flash.
Yeah, they're adding old cast and new cast but ignoring the cast in current DCEU. Why no word about Kiersey Clemons as Iris ?

VFX looks great in most shots, good in others. If the movie is like this, I'll be delighted with the work they have done on such a short notice.

There were a couple of wonky shots in the Fandome trailer, so I was pleasantly surprised with how polished the new trailer looked.

Edit : Only the knighmare Cyborg shot looked unfinished, but I bet that's not the finished shot and they are hiding things.

Last edited:

This is too funny.

It's true and I'm glad Marvel showed the head decapitation in Endgame because they could have easily done a camera cut. By showing it you feel every bit of the consequences and the weight on Thor's shoulders.

While I still think the possibility of sequels is an uphill battle, now that everyone can see it day one it increases the chances of more form this universe. Whether that would be spin offs, sequels or both I don’t know.

Considering how "The Mandalorian" had used LED screens to recreate most of their show's settings, then I feel like Snyder could easily eliminate most of the cost that goes into traveling several locations and creating sets.

The biggest monetary issue would be paying off the cast members as their salaries are no laughing matter.

Considering how "The Mandalorian" had used LED screens to recreate most of their show's settings, then I feel like Snyder could easily eliminate most of the cost that goes into traveling several locations and creating sets.

The biggest monetary issue would be paying off the cast members as their salaries are no laughing matter.

There is also the matter that a hypothetical sequel, since it would be going for HBO Max, would not be filmed in IMAX/film, which is considerably more expensive than shooting digital. Netflix goes as far as having a list of approved cameras with which the filmmakers can shoot, none of them film.

Cameras and Image Capture

Snyder has shot Army of the Dead for them with a RED camera and mostly a 50mm f0.95 lens btw.

Anyone know if it will be on PlayStation store here in the UK?

As that will probably be my only option
It's very likely that Snyder Cut will be available on Google Play Store / Google play as they put WW84 on it as POD (pay on demand) movie.

Google play, Prime, iTunes and Sky Store will be the destinations for PVOD in the UK. Same as WW84. Infact I think WW84 was also available on PlayStation Store for rental too.

There is also the matter that a hypothetical sequel, since it would be going for HBO Max, would not be filmed in IMAX/film, which is considerably more expensive than shooting digital. Netflix goes as far as having a list of approved cameras with which the filmmakers can shoot, none of them film.

Cameras and Image Capture

Snyder has shot Army of the Dead for them with a RED camera and mostly a 50mm f0.95 lens btw.

Zack did not shoot anything on real IMAX film. He used the full frame 35mm aspect ratio “like” IMAX.
So he could show more vertical action and detail.
I know some directors love film and keep it alive for the likes of Kodak. It does have a special quality to it. Digital these days comes close and speeds editing and in camera VFX simulation as with Avatar.
His short film SNOW STEAM IRON prove he can make beautiful films this way. And this shot on iPhone !

Last edited:
Google play, Prime, iTunes and Sky Store will be the destinations for PVOD in the UK. Same as WW84. Infact I think WW84 was also available on PlayStation Store for rental too.
So glad ill be able to purchase it in the best quality. I can watch endgame on youtube and it looks way better than disney+ and you can set it to a soecific quality

It's very likely that Snyder Cut will be available on Google Play Store / Google play as they put WW84 on it as POD (pay on demand) movie.

I don't have access to either unfortunately, but WW84 was available on PlayStation store so hoping this will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"