Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by flickchick85, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I have not listened to it, but the title is, indeed, metal AF.

dhandler01, kguillou and SupermanFan like this.
  2. SupermanFan Registered

:funny:

flickchick85 likes this.
  3. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Aquaman could honestly just give Cthulhu a call if he wanted to and our world would be reduced to madness within seconds. Never underestimate Arthur. :o

4. emielaen Registered

What an insane film lol

The ending fight on the ship was dope though. I do hope the sequel is more serious as Wan said he wanted it to be.

blackdragon6 and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  5. kguillou Registered

Lawd I loved the s*** out of Aquaman. Yeah the script’s a bit wonky but James Wan directed the Hell out of it and delivered some of the most gorgeous visuals in a cbm.

6. Chip Chipperson the big guy

I loved Aquaman for the most part. Just the right amount of cheese for me.

7. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Loved Aquaman as well and I hope we get to see even more crazy looking sea monsters in the sequel. I'd love to see what Wan could do with something as epic as The Kraken or Cthulu, especially given his horror background.

He can make it more serious if wants, but I do hope to still see that same level of unapolegetic, bat**** insanity that we got the first time around and then some.

8. Chip Chipperson the big guy

Only if I get to put it back down right after.

(I kid, I kid)

idiot09, Kevin_28 and kguillou like this.
  9. Aurakles Registered

Aquaman is visually stunning, but the dialogue is... hard for me to enjoy.

10. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

This is also the first live meeting with them in cinema, it was always going to bring people in. Now the genie is out of the bottle.

I don't know how you can 100% say that WB will be embarrassed when this movie comes out because it wouldn't have been the movie that would have been released. No Studio was going to release a 4 hour movie and I feel if people think a half an hour makes the difference between the BvS TC and Ultimate cut what would an hour or an hour and a half not to mention John's changes would have been.

11. matt47 Registered

Aquaman was good but on second viewing I found myself hella bored by the time he is locked up talking to his brother. And I feel like Wan should've remembered sometimes less is more because every shot is like a really artsy noticable shot so it kind of loses its charm by the half way mark.

I'm so keen to see Zack and Jason's version of him soon. We havent gotten anything with him in the trailers. I'm keen to see Bruce and Arthurs meeting. No more red Affleck and the mother box graffiti.

blackdragon6 and Superherofan123 like this.
  12. matt47 Registered

Absolutely but flu rays aren't gonna be released for a while right?

13. Lone Non-playable character

AF122312-D9FF-4F6E-A1F1-C8E179D2E80A.jpeg

14. souperman Side-Dish

not until we all get vaccinated!

heatvision38 likes this.
  15. kguillou Registered

I actually shamelessly love that Pitbull song :funny:

16. souperman Side-Dish

... that was a 4 cheese pie for sure.

17. souperman Side-Dish

love that dog...

18. Gu3ree Registered

Not to get off topic, but speaking of Aquaman, does anyone know if Snyder had anything to say about the Aquaman film itself, which he was executive producer on? I get the feeling Snyder didn't like it because he seemed very silent about it. I don't recall seeing Snyder ever showing his support for the movie. Snyder was very outspoken about Wonder Woman, but did co-write it, but he wasn't too silent about the second film's release either. He praised Wonder Woman, but I didn't see him say one word about Aquaman. Aquaman was pretty opposite of the tone Snyder aimed for in his movies, so I think it's safe to assume that Snyder may have hated Aquaman.

The story where Arthur had to retain another trident may have angered Snyder.

I personally loved Aquaman so much and it was my favorite of the DCEU series. Albeit, my only pet peeves were some scenes between Mera and Arthur arguing in the desert. It was cringey, not to mention the background music in that scene. Then the falling down scene in the sand was a little bit ridiculous. Bad dialogue especially the "peed on it joke" was flat-out stupid and unfunny. (Well not as stupid and unfunny as "brunch" in Josstice League) But Aquaman had too much movie in it. Two villains were too much. The 4 'surprise attacks' scenes were ridiculous.

19. Chip Chipperson the big guy

I don’t wanna assume that Snyder didn’t like Aquaman, because he seems really supportive of everyone’s work in public.

But I definitely think that if he was making his own Aquaman movie, that’s not what he would’ve put out there. You can definitely tell with the little we’ve seen from his own take on Atlantean armor/environments in JL.

20. Marvolo Registered

You need to check your internet data speeds or your hardware settings if 4K streams look worse than 1080p blurays. Generally 4K streams look great now and many of them have dolby vision.

Lone likes this.
  21. kguillou Registered

I actually saw a lot of snyder's DNA in Aquaman. I secrely wish James Wan would be Snyders successor for the next JL movie. I feel like in Wan's hands he could make JL a MEGA success.

22. shauner111 Registered

Maybe I need to see it again, but I thought Aquaman was cheesy garbage. Maybe Zack didn’t say anything because it was during the worst time in his life. His silence in 2018 was understandable. But it’s clearly not the tone of his Aquaman & there are contradictions. But we can say that about most of the DCEU spin-offs.

23. Comicbookguy339 Registered

Aquaman felt like a throwback to 90s and 80s action movies but with modern special effects. I loved it.

24. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I enjoyed Aquaman very much.

25. DCnightwing23 Registered

The strength in Aquaman is definitely the visuals, it's a beautiful movie and I'm still curious if they'll end up doing that Trench movie. However, the overall story/script was weak but the cast did great with what they were given. The pitbull reference a couple of posts back makes me laugh, what the heck was that in the movie? The movie turned into a slow-motion Baywatch sh*tshow for a split second and it was out of nowhere. There are a lot of people that criticize Snyder for being a visuals-only director, but oddly enough, none of those criticisms are directed towards this movie and many even sight it as the best DCEU movie. I trust Wan a lot as I've been a fan of his practically his entire career, so I trust the sequel will be more cohesive and consistent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.