Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I hope is Junkie XL can match MoS and BvS soundtracks. Hans zimmer is an absolute gem. Probably my favourite composer besides john williams.

That MoS and BvS soundtrack is why a lot of us love those movies. I just hope he can match that or use some of that score in this movie.

One thing I hope is Junkie XL can match MoS and BvS soundtracks. Hans zimmer is an absolute gem. Probably my favourite composer besides john williams.

That MoS and BvS soundtrack is why a lot of us love those movies. I just hope he can match that or use some of that score in this movie.

For me. Personally. If this movie does anything right, I need to hear a Junkie Xl remix of “What are you going to do when youre not saving the world” when Supes gets his black suit and flies into action. I will cry.

i did not want to spoil myself any further. but i gave in.

the fx are better here. the music...junkie xl's soundtrack back...is better!

also the sound effects are better! the sound of the parademons wings flapping and buzzing !
don't think that was in the tc.

Google tells me it's a Polish site of some kind. And they have more clips. :nrv:

JOKER

Is the one recent film in which stuck a HUGE middle finger in all them critics faces. Billion dollars and Oscars.

2d4fd08b7fda58c9dcf0a9324b8e7695.gif

Snyder cut can be at 0%, my hype levels is unmaintainable.

Critics are complete jokes to be honest. Their job is to criticize another person hard work and job.

Art is subjective. Who cares what others think. I have ZERO time for critics.

Plus all my favourite movies are not well rated: BvS, TASM 1&2, MoS, etc.

I mean, LOTS of people's evaluations of movies change over time. First impressions can be fickle things. That's normal. Not necessarily hypocrisy.

I too didn't think the theatrical JL was that bad when I first saw it. Like, given all the BTS stuff, I'd expected a lot worse. It just has no replay value.

I am actually on the opposite spectrum completely

I am beyond excited for this movie as a HUGE Snyder fan (especially BvS). But even if they had JL2 and JL3 announced tomorrow then I would be more excited for the batman at this point. It would be just behind the batman though.

Batman just gets lost in the shuffle for JL movies. Seems like this movie (judging on reviews) is no different since he is just a man. Reason I loved BvS so much was that it was basically a batman movie.

Batman solo movies with zero connection is exactly where my sweet spot is. Im just done with connected universes. Give me another nolan type trilogy please. I also have zero care about flashpoint since I love burton movies and dont trust another director to capture that movie properly and that batman. Plus keaton is too old.

5DCE2EAD-7B74-4178-9605-29F9572ECB87.png

Loner Batman is my favorite too, but we’ve had 80 years of solo Batman movies and they range from enjoyable nonsense to cinematic perfection. Nearly 70 years after the release of the first Batman serials, the unprecedented success of The Avengers prompted the notoriously risk-averse WB to finally shake things up. The subsequent abysmal response to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League halted those ambitious plans in the burgeoning “DCEU”. So what does WB do? They play it safe with their golden goose and decide to do another gritty early days reboot trilogy from a director with a clear creative vision. On paper, the Pattinson film has a lot in common with Nolan’s highly successful trilogy, and it is a smart business move.The Batman is to Josstice League what Batman Begins was to Batman & Robin. The Batman looks phenomenal, and is exactly what I want from a solo Batman film, but it’s familiar and safe nonetheless. “Batman” and to a lesser degree, “Batman and Robin” as a duo have long since been proven commodities, while “Batman and the Justice League” is a different beast. Audiences aren’t sold yet, but I’m happy to see more people embracing this long beloved side of the character that was previously limited to comics and animation.

The current BatMEN situation is comparable to the 3 different Bruce Wayne’s in the DCAU. Bruce Wayne/Batman was the central figure in that universe; we witness his story from beginning to end. DC Films can do something similar by making Batman the central figure of the multiverse. I’m envisioning three separate Batman-centric franchises as the film division’s answer to three of the most beloved staples in the DC animated library: Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, & Batman Beyond.

05CC9970-48CE-446D-8537-FA4107269260.jpeg

The Batman series with Robert Pattinson is our answer to Batman: The Animated Series. A gritty, back-to-basics approach to Batman in his early days. A noir, detective story featuring many of the first conflicts between Batman and his most famous rogues. For many, this series is the definitive take on the character, and one of the writers involved in The Batman is a self-proclaimed fan of the animated series. The Batman is said to take influences from several other non-DC sources, such as Se7en, Chinatown, and Taxi Driver.

5D82D41E-3D40-41ED-BD8E-06003712B6B5.jpeg

Justice League 1, 2, & 3 are naturally our JL/JLU equivalent. But the influences go beyond that, it more closely resembles Lord of the Rings in regards to the epic scope and tone. Here, we see Batman as a human in a world with gods, aliens, monsters, and magic. It makes sense to section this Batman off when the stakes are so different in a Batman movie vs a Justice League movie. Fans have dreamt of seeing the Batman/Superman bromance onscreen for years, there is a ton of potential still left on the table with this franchise. I dearly hope it continues to a satisfying conclusion with sequels.

4B668184-C670-43E2-8185-180858593566.jpeg

Finally, The Flash movie plants the seeds for a third potential franchise; a Batman Beyond film with Michael Keaton. The fondly remembered animated series has earned the respect of a sizable portion of Batman fans; no small feat considering Batman Beyond was a new story with a teenage Batman. There are reports that Michael Keaton is in talks to return in a Batgirl film as Barbara Gordon’s mentor. Whichever way it shakes out, I am all in on Michael Keaton getting another Batman movie. As far as tone and influence, the original animated series was highly inspired by Blade Runner. Blade Runner visuals mixed with the insane tone and look established by Batman & Batman Returns sounds unbelievable.

It’s a good time to be any type of Batman fan. We’re all getting what we want.

Last edited:

I really like what I see ! Steppenwolf presence, the energy, the soundtrack... Can't wait to re-discover this movie and finally have a true unaltered trilogy.

Not a real nitpick but I have to say that after taking a quick look at the same scene in the TC, I like its exchange between Steppenwolf and Wonder Woman better:

"This one is mine!
- You overestimate yourself.
- Child, my axe is still slick with the blood of your sisters."

I'm guessing those lines might be elsewhere in the movie because it's really something that seems to coming from Snyder original vibe.

Last edited:
The Rise of Skywalker was the first time in my life where I said to myself “you know what, I realize this is one of those big movies that everyone sees..... but I really don’t feel the need to watch.”

still haven’t, and not a single regret.
You made the right choice, objectively it's not good. It broke my heart along with the previous 2. I loved Rogue One tho. And not just because of that certain scene.

I mean...yeah. It certainly feels like it was just shredded in editing. JJ usually makes movies that move fast but I refuse to believe he was so incompetent. This was absolutely suits meddling. The writing was also pretty bad but I think it would have been a much better movie if scenes were allowed to breathe even just a little.
Probably would have helped if they had a plan to begin with.

I really like what I see ! Steppenwolf presence, the energy, the soundtrack... Can't wait to re-discover this movie and finally have a true unaltered trilogy.

Not a real nitpick but I have to say that after taking a quick look at the same scene in the TC, I like its exchange between Steppenwolf and Wonder Woman better:

"This one is mine!
- You overestimate yourself.
- Child, my axe is still slick with the blood of your sisters."

I'm guessing those lines might be elsewhere in the movie because it's really something that seems to coming from Snyder original vibe.

Usually the clips that get released prior to the movie coming out are shortened. At 0:38 it feels like there could be more dialogue there.

the characters and story in BP more than makes up for the bad cgi in the 3rd act.

i actually prefered BP over infinity war, and i still do.
it has the better story and focus.

but yeah you can tell marvel studios was saving the fx budget for thanos.
Yea Marvel underestimated Coogler. Maybe with him getting a producing nod (kinda cool since the favorite is Zhao is film)

Word is they are trying to make up for it by making BP2 the event film of that year for Marvel with Namor. Just wonder if losing Chad has derailed it a bit

Anyway. I just like comicbook movies that attempt to do "more than the job"

Russos recently said their films were about the last 4 years in the US. I'd say BvS and maybe even MoS predated it by covering it first. The themes of power and what to do with it actually resonate with me more in Zack's film.

Taking nothing away from the amazing spectacle of Infinity War.

Usually the clips that get released prior to the movie coming out are shortened. At 0:38 it feels like there could be more dialogue there.

Yeah, I wanted to add that the clips are often edited and that it could have been the case here. I think you're absolutely right, it does look like it's missing a bit with the two characters starting to charge one towards the other. Good catch !

View attachment 44184

Loner Batman is my favorite too, but we’ve had 80 years of solo Batman movies and they range from enjoyable nonsense to cinematic perfection. Nearly 70 years after the release of the first Batman serials, the unprecedented success of The Avengers prompted the notoriously risk-averse WB to finally shake things up. The subsequent abysmal response to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League halted those ambitious plans in the burgeoning “DCEU”. So what does WB do? They play it safe with their golden goose and decide to do another gritty early days reboot trilogy from a director with a clear creative vision. On paper, the Pattinson film has a lot in common with Nolan’s highly successful trilogy, and it is a smart business move.The Batman is to Josstice League what Batman Begins was to Batman & Robin. The Batman looks phenomenal, and is exactly what I want from a solo Batman film, but it’s familiar and safe nonetheless. “Batman” and to a lesser degree, “Batman and Robin” as a duo have long since been proven commodities, while “Batman and the Justice League” is a different beast. Audiences aren’t sold yet, but I’m happy to see more people embracing this long beloved side of the character that was previously limited to comics and animation.

The current BatMEN situation is comparable to the 3 different Bruce Wayne’s in the DCAU. Bruce Wayne/Batman was the central figure in that universe; we witness his story from beginning to end. DC Films can do something similar by making Batman the central figure of the multiverse. I’m envisioning three separate Batman-centric franchises as the film division’s answer to three of the most beloved staples in the DC animated library: Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, & Batman Beyond.

View attachment 44181

The Batman series with Robert Pattinson is our answer to Batman: The Animated Series. A gritty, back-to-basics approach to Batman in his early days. A noir, detective story featuring many of the first conflicts between Batman and his most famous rogues. For many, this series is the definitive take on the character, and one of the writers involved in The Batman is a self-proclaimed fan of the animated series. The Batman is said to take influences from several other non-DC sources, such as Se7en, Chinatown, and Taxi Driver.

View attachment 44182

Justice League 1, 2, & 3 are naturally our JL/JLU equivalent. But the influences go beyond that, it more closely resembles Lord of the Rings in regards to the epic scope and tone. Here, we see Batman as a human in a world with gods, aliens, monsters, and magic. It makes sense to section this Batman off when the stakes are so different in a Batman movie vs a Justice League movie. Fans have dreamt of seeing the Batman/Superman bromance onscreen for years, there is a ton of potential still left on the table with this franchise. I dearly hope it continues to a satisfying conclusion with sequels.

View attachment 44183

Finally, The Flash movie plants the seeds for a third potential franchise; a Batman Beyond film with Michael Keaton. The fondly remembered animated series has earned the respect of a sizable portion of Batman fans; no small feat considering Batman Beyond was a new story with a teenage Batman. There are reports that Michael Keaton is in talks to return in a Batgirl film as Barbara Gordon’s mentor. Whichever way it shakes out, I am all in on Michael Keaton getting another Batman movie. As far as tone and influence, the original animated series was highly inspired by Blade Runner. Blade Runner visuals mixed with the insane tone and look established by Batman & Batman Returns sounds unbelievable.

It’s a good time to be any type of Batman fan. We’re all getting what we want.
Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"