Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Film critique in and of itself can be useful. But when you put a numeric value on that, it feels like you're equating it with the film's overall worth. And that's the part I mostly take issue with.

Personally I think aggregating it is what the problem is. Reviewers all have different tastes, styles and methods of rating a fil. Trying to average that out is just ridiculous.

I also rewatched Watchmen last week and even if I'm foremost and always be a Batman fan, I have to say this movie is firmly installed on my personal podium of comic book movies. To my tastes, the film is nearly perfect. I love the adaptation work, the cast, the production design, the photography, the soundtrack... Everything.

More interestingly, I think this movie shows that Zack Snyder definitely has more perspective than people sometimes think. The tone is perfect. Serious when needed, with good humor sprinkled here and there to bring lightness to what is a pretty dark story, not to mention how the film is also never too shy to use a bit of grandiloquence, whether to bring a totally assumed mythological atmosphere or a twisted irony. It reminds me a bit of Verhoeven on Robocop actually ...

Anyway, it's a shame the film didn't really meet its audience, perhaps still too high on TDK released the year before, and probably excited by the early days of the MCU. I personally think the film also came out too early. Its superhero deconstruction would probably have been more appreciated today after several dozen of Marvel and DC films. Also, its depiction of a world in crisis seems to be sadly more relevant each day passing by...
That being said, I remember how well, over here, the film was received by critics who quickly ranked it alongside TDK as a representative of a new era of comic book movies, transcended by singular author's vision and offering some reflexion on our world in addition to the show.

Definitely, Watchmen remains the best Snyder movie to my eyes and I'm sure its cult following will continue to grow years after years.
Has to be the greatest "first trailer" ever for a comic book film. Maybe the greatest trailer..

Fair. That was a spectacular trailer. However, it did have the benefit of build up. Still it might be the GOAT comic book trailer. I just remember seeing that Watchmen trailer before The Dark Knight and thinking man that movie looks just as good.

EwkfgwiUUAM5BJX

Has to be the greatest "first trailer" ever for a comic book film. Maybe the greatest trailer..

For me, it's between this and Batman Begins. As relates to TV or web series, I'd have to go with Daredevil.

Genius business strategy-- spend enough money on guerilla marketing so that the actual company takes over and does the rest of the marketing for you, for free.

I also rewatched Watchmen last week and even if I'm foremost and always be a Batman fan, I have to say this movie is firmly installed on my personal podium of comic book movies. To my tastes, the film is nearly perfect. I love the adaptation work, the cast, the production design, the photography, the soundtrack... Everything.

More interestingly, I think this movie shows that Zack Snyder definitely has more perspective than people sometimes think. The tone is perfect. Serious when needed, with good humor sprinkled here and there to bring lightness to what is a pretty dark story, not to mention how the film is also never too shy to use a bit of grandiloquence, whether to bring a totally assumed mythological atmosphere or a twisted irony. It reminds me a bit of Verhoeven on Robocop actually ...

Anyway, it's a shame the film didn't really meet its audience, perhaps still too high on TDK released the year before, and probably excited by the early days of the MCU. I personally think the film also came out too early. Its superhero deconstruction would probably have been more appreciated today after several dozen of Marvel and DC films. Also, its depiction of a world in crisis seems to be sadly more relevant each day passing by...
That being said, I remember how well, over here, the film was received by critics who quickly ranked it alongside TDK as a representative of a new era of comic book movies, transcended by singular author's vision and offering some reflexion on our world in addition to the show.

Definitely, Watchmen remains the best Snyder movie to my eyes and I'm sure its cult following will continue to grow years after years.
Snyder's Watchmen is one of the best CBM's ever made. It's basically Blade Runner with superheroes.

Man, I remember when the 2017 reviews hit, even the positive reviews were saying Steppnwolf was one of the stupidiest cbm villains ever. Not hearing that now.

Remember when Joss Whedon threw shade on Steppenwolf on twitter? He really makes it so easy to dislike him lol

I've tried to get @idiot09 to watch Black Panther for years. Dont let dodgy CGI at the end ruin it for you.

Ha, I remember but tbh its not CGI that stops me, I dont really care that much about it. Its just that after watching Homecoming in 2016, I was like done with the MCU. I only watched IW/EG after it, and then I was like "yeah I'm done lol". Just not for me. I checked out the museum scene in BP on YT and it was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"