Legend of Zelda Zelda Discussion Thread

Now I know thats fake but what would people think of a modern ZELDA story? Epona really was a motorbike and Link is a rebel teen in a modern world with guns?

Ganon was a more Lex type of villian. lol

oh my god i am actually offended

hahah i dont know if i would approve :S

I think it'd be interesting, but the amount of backlash would be enormous.

So I just started playing Twilight Princess day before yesterday night to today. For some reason it reminds me of the SNES game A link to the Past but redone with Ocarina of Time references. So far I am enjoying the game.
In the desert dungeon in the game, at the moment.

So I just started playing Twilight Princess day before yesterday night to today. For some reason it reminds me of the SNES game A link to the Past but redone with Ocarina of Time references. So far I am enjoying the game.
In the desert dungeon in the game, at the moment.

Ohhh if you are in the desert.

Fairy dungeon in the area!

Fairy dungeon?

You may need the hookshot but in the desert to the north west I think. There is a dungeon that leads down to trials if completed gives you great fairies in locations over Hyrule

Anyone have Phantom Hourglass? I'm actually looking to trade for ship parts. I need the Tall Chimney and Red Cannon to complete my set.

You may need the hookshot but in the desert to the north west I think. There is a dungeon that leads down to trials if completed gives you great fairies in locations over Hyrule
Is it that strange looking pillar that's tilted?

The strange looking pillar is actually the missing piece of the Bridge of Eldin. If you approach it, Midna can teleport it back to it's place

Well there are a few certainties:

Ocarina of Time ---> Majora's Mask ---> Twilight Princess are the first games chronologically.

the Legend of Zelda ---> Zelda II: Adventure of Link are last.

The Wind Waker ---> Phantom Hourglass, and A Link to the Past ---> Link's Awakening are somewhere down the middle.

It also depends if you beleive in the split timeline theory or the time loop theory. Also if you count the Flagship games (Oracles, Four Swords, and the Minish Cap) in continuity.

Really, it all comes down to the individual gamer for the Legend of Zelda timeline since Nintendo really hasn't done so. For me personally, I only consider the games developed by Nintendo EAD and the time loop theory. Other people consider all the games in continuity. Others beleive in the split timeline theory. Really, it's up to you.

For me personally, I consider this to be the timeline:

Ocarina of Time ---> Majora's Mask ---> Twilight Princess ---> The Wind Waker ---> Phantom Hourglass ---> A Link to the Past ---> Link's Awakening ---> the Legend of Zelda ---> Zelda II: Adventure of Link

Unlike you, I consider Minish Cap canon. Four Swords Adventure never really fits in anymore, IMO. I also count the Oracle GBA games would place them after TP. I'd also put Link's Awakening in the Wind Waker era since it makes the most sense to me.

One thing I am curious, why do you consider LttP, LA, LoZ, and AoZ to be after WW/PH?

I can't find it.:csad:
The strange looking pillar is actually the missing piece of the Bridge of Eldin. If you approach it, Midna can teleport it back to it's place
When does she do it, cuz all she does is talk about how it hasn't been there long.

The cave that he is talking is under the piece of the bridge.

You have to have beaten those creatures that come out of warp gates. Try going near it, examine it, and then warp the to Bridge of Eldin area. Midna should take it with you.

Here's the info on it from GameStop's guide

Travel to the east across the desert here. You’ll notice a large grey block sticking out of a pillar in the southeastern corner of the desert. If you manage to get all the way up to it (you can use your Clawshot on the tree and the flying bug to scale the rocks), you’ll reveal that the block is actually the bridge that fell from the gorge in the northern end of Eldin Province. If you defeated the shadow beings there, you can warp the bridge right back there; if not, you may have to return to the bridge by warping to Castle Town and moving to the northwest. When you have the portal available to you, you can return to the bridge in the desert and warp it back into place. Doing so will reveal the Cave of Ordeals underneath where the bridge was located. You can check it out if you wish but you likely won’t be able to proceed very far until later in the game.

The Gorons and Zoras have made an appearance in at least 2 games. I think they bring a few more things from one game to another if you know where to look.

I realize, but I meant specific main characters and the subplots associated with them. They just seem to scrap mostly everything from one game to another, story and all, and it's quite distressing when you become as engrossed in the story/characters as myself.

Ah ok. Thought so. I have to return to where the bridge part is supposed to go. Thanks.

I realize, but I meant specific main characters and the subplots associated with them. They just seem to scrap mostly everything from one game to another, story and all, and it's quite distressing when you become as engrossed in the story/characters as myself.

I do knwo what you mean. It would have been really nice to have a neat and tidy Zelda universe that mad 99% sense but we do not.

I think Wind Waker did a very good job in bringing back a lot of characters from OoT lik the sages.

I need help.:csad:
Midna won't warp the [blackout]eldin bridge[/blackout] and she just keeps saying the same thing:[blackout] "What is this thing? It does seem to be man-made. I wonder what it is? Why is it there? It doesn't look like it's been there long, does it?"[/blackout]
How do I make her shut up and warp it to where it should be?

I need help.:csad:
Midna won't warp the [blackout]eldin bridge[/blackout] and she just keeps saying the same thing:[blackout] "What is this thing? It does seem to be man-made. I wonder what it is? Why is it there? It doesn't look like it's been there long, does it?"[/blackout]
How do I make her shut up and warp it to where it should be?

I think you need to play the game longer and then you will need to go back to it.

Eh Somehow I just did it. Now I'm looking for Shad in Kakariko Village but he's not in the basement of the Shaman's house where he's supposed to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"