Zelda

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Miyamoto: Zelda Wii controls improved
Monday 21-Aug-2006 11:38 AM We will be able to wield a Wii-mote like a sword after all- phew! Plus GC games benefit...

Shigeru Miyamoto, in an interview with Nintendo Dream, has revealed that Nintendo has reworked the control system for the Wii version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Now, as with Ubisoft's Red Steel, Zelda: Twilight Princess will let you wield the Wii remote as a sword.

The version of Twilight Princess shown at E3 forced players to operate Link's sword by pressing the B button, but the actual game will now let players make like Errol Flynn, which in turn frees up the B button for firing arrows (at E3, the D-Pad was used for archery).

In the interview, Nintendo's revered, perpetually grinning, resident genius also said: "I'm also thinking I can remake some of my GameCube games for Wii, making use of the Wii-mote. Of course you can wander into a second hand shop and buy a lot of these games still, so I don't think we can release these games at full price. Since a lot of the development cost has already been accounted for, we'll be able to release these at a much more affordable price."

The prospect of cheap GameCube games re-engineered for the Wii-mote should make Nintendo fan-boys come over all unnecessary. And stay tuned for further Ninty revelations from Leipzig on Wednesday.

Sounds cool, getting Gamecube games for cheap with re-worked controls sounds promising.:up:

I knew they would change that by the release. They said at E3 that pressing the button to attack was kinda defeating the whole purpose of having the wiimote.

Nice. I have officially changed my mind and am getting TP on Wii. This is gonna be sick.

Very awesome. Does anyone know if this means the distracting fairy-cursor is gone?

No. But the fairy cursor will only be used to navigate menus, so it isn't much of a problem.

Isn't it funny how Nintendo was going the way of Sega, the path of legendary has-beens, but now it's one of the most highly anticipated releases coming.

And every time Nintendo releases more info about the system and games, it just makes more people jump on the Wii bandwagon.:up: :)

I'm still really hoping that the Link used in Twilight Princess is the Hero of Time. If not, I'm hoping that they'll continue the Hero of Time's adventures on the DS just like they have with the Hero of the Winds Link's adventures.

LttP's Link was the best of all Links.

Also, I heard that they were thinking of reworking it. I love how Nintendo listens to their audience... the E3 showing left alot of people unenthused about no sword-swinging. That's the last of the imperfections from this game as far as I can see.

That article doesn't state it, but they also reworked the sub-menus which alot of people didn't like before. Very happy about this... and it looks like the distinction between the GC version and the Wii version is clear.

Now, the only thing I can hope for is either a battle between Dark Link and Link (with quickness on the Wiimote being the key to success) or Fierce Deity Link... or BOTH! :yay:

That's one thing Nintendo has above many like companies, is they do seriously take fan input, and work with it.:up:

Does anyone think that it would be a good idea to remake the Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and A Link to the Past for the Nintendo DS.

Miyamoto and Eonuma have said that they want to create a definete timeline with the games to give it a more epic feel. And what better way to solve the timeline issues if those games were remade for the DS. Keep A Link to the Past exactly the same but with the graphics of the DS (which would be easy to do, just convert the game into the semi 3D that Phantom Hourglass has), but add in more story into the first two games.

The last Zelda game I finished was OTT... I am looking forward to finishing TWW when I pick up a Wii (along with a bunch of other CG games I never ended up playing)

is there any other info so far on TP?is it set after OOT? different link? GANON anywhere? Zelda anywhere or the "new Princess?" i hear the game is extremely long taking about 15 hours to beat JUST the part where Link is a wolf, and supposedbly that is about 1/8th of the game. this should be interesting having a game that will last you possibly weeks to beat, not to mention side quest and all the little things every one likes to go back and do.

Oh for **** sake, I'll just get a mother****ing Wii. ****. Damn. I have no money. ****.

hippie_hunter said:
Does anyone think that it would be a good idea to remake the Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and A Link to the Past for the Nintendo DS.

I'd only want a remake of Zelda II. That game is so un-Zelda like.

hobgob11 said:
is it set after OOT?
Yes, Twilight Princess is set after Ocarina of Time.

different link?
Hard to say. Originally Nintendo was saying that this was a sequel to the Wind Waker. Now they are saying that this is set decades after Ocarina of Time, which would mean that it is a different Link. Nintendo has said that it is a different Link.

Though there is some evidence that this is the Hero of Time Link.
- Some screenshots of the begining of the game show Link in posession of the Triforce of Courage which the Hero of Time Link posesses.

- One of the trailers showed Kaporea Gaebora the giant owl that helped the Hero of Time in Ocarina of Time.

- Link is riding Epona which is the horse of the Hero of Time. Navi, the fairy of the Hero to Time

- Navi, the fairy of the Hero of Time, is in the Wii version of the game. In the Gamecube version, Link if fairyless (Navi left Link after Ocarina of Time and Link was looking for her in Majora's Mask but ended up in Termina)

- The game is set in Ancient Hyrule, the setting of Ocarina of Time

Nintendo has said that this game is the link between Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker. The biggest question that has developed from the Wind Waker was that how did Ancient Hyrule get flooded. Where was the Hero of Time? Nintendo has said that this is the darkest Legend of Zelda game ever made. My personal opinion is that we will be playing as the Hero of Time, grown up once again but will fall and lose, forcing the gods to flood Hyrule so that Gannondorf will be unable to take over the land. This is my personal opinion however and I could be completely wrong.

EDIT: Further proof that makes me think that we are playing the Hero of Time is how Link looks in Twilight Princess:

Twilight Princess Link:
335px-E3_link_art.jpg

Completely identical to the Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, Hero of Time Link
oot-link04.gif

oot-link05.gif

Notice that the other Links have their own somewhat distintive looks:

Legend of Zelda/Adventure of Link, Link:
Link_LOZ_with_items.png

A Link to the Past/Link's Awakening, The Hero of Legend Link
HANC9839CustomImage3275676.jpg

The Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass, The Hero of Wind Link
Linkfromtlozww.jpg

EDIT 2: The new footage of Twilight Princess shows Link pulling the Master Sword out of a pestal at what appears to be a ruined Temple of Time, the same location where the Hero of Time pulled out the Master Sword

GANON anywhere?
Nintendo has confirmed Ganon's appearance in the game and that he will be the villain. Hopefully this game will explain how he was able to break the seal of the Sages, another question that developed from the Wind Waker.

Zelda anywhere or the "new Princess?"
Zelda is in the game.

i hear the game is extremely long taking about 15 hours to beat JUST the part where Link is a wolf, and supposedbly that is about 1/8th of the game. this should be interesting having a game that will last you possibly weeks to beat, not to mention side quest and all the little things every one likes to go back and do.
Nintendo has said that the game should take over 100 hours to beat. Yes, it will be a long game.

Spidey-Bat said:
I'd only want a remake of Zelda II. That game is so un-Zelda like.

I want a remake of the first three games.

Like I said keep A Link to the Past exactly the same. No changes need to be made. Just have it be a graphical remake.

However, I would like the first two games to be remade so a deeper story can develop and some timeline and continuity issues can be settled.

The horse in TP isn't Epona. The player chooses the horses name in the game.

LttP shouldn't be remade. LoZ1 should but wont be b/c of nostalgia.

Spidey-Bat said:
The horse in TP isn't Epona. The player chooses the horses name in the game.
Just like we can choose the name of Link in the game. He's still Link though.

LttP shouldn't be remade. LoZ1 should but wont be b/c of nostalgia.

Why not? Like I said give the same damn game the graphics of the DS

is there a release date yet? I hear for the Wii it comes out with the Wii's Launch, but for GC is sometime in October, confirmation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"