Zod is COMING!

I also had the impression Clark was talking about Lex, not Lionel, in that clip...

If Lex is a vessel for Zod, would that mean Lex's mind is in Zod's body in the Phantom Zone?

I dont get how this whole vessel thing works....

Yeah I'm not so sure Lex will be Zod. Lexiac, yes.

Ya Lexiac seems more likely.

I hope he stays as Lexiac for a while and takes on this form next season:

Luthoriac.jpg

Serene said:
Lionel is the Oracle for Jor-El.
Lex is the Vessel for Zod.

I think Jor-El wants Clark to use the special knife to kill Lex so that Zod can't be released by using Lex's body.

I think. :)
Makes sense. But how does Fine intend to release Zod? He needed Clark to destroy the FOS, and supposedly (according to the dialog in Solitude), Clark is the only one who could do it. Since Brainiac is as powerful as Clark, I didn't get the impression it was a strength kinda thing. It just came down to Clark inserting the black crystal into the Fortresses' control station, or whatever that cluster of crystals is called.

Obviously, there's a LOT more going on in this episode that we know about. I'm impressed with how much they've been able to keep mum about it.

Brainiac and his nefarious plans,
Zod and "super" Lex (LOL),
Lionel and Jor-El,
Clark and some sacrifice,
Martha and Lois kidnapped on a "runaway" plane,
The Phantom Zone,
A worldwide computer virus,
Lions and tigers and bears, oh MY!

LOL

AgentPat said:
Makes sense. But how does Fine intend to release Zod? He needed Clark to destroy the FOS, and supposedly (according to the dialog in Solitude), Clark is the only one who could do it. Since Brainiac is as powerful as Clark, I didn't get the impression it was a strength kinda thing. It just came down to Clark inserting the black crystal into the Fortresses' control station, or whatever that cluster of crystals is called.

He also said in Oracle that he needed him . And one would assume that he needs him in order to release Zod.

Okay. I think I figured out what "The Vessel" is finally after getting to see a repeat of Oracle....

It has nothing to do with Zod.

The "Vessel" is the carrier of the virus that Fine plans to release....

In a matter of hours, something bad with happen to Lex that causes him to release the virus upon the rest of the world...

Thus Clark's only option is to kill Lex before that happens, to destroy the vessel.

In other words, Lex is 'The Weapon' as well.

Kane said:
Okay. I think I figured out what "The Vessel" is finally after getting to see a repeat of Oracle....

It has nothing to do with Zod.

The "Vessel" is the carrier of the virus that Fine plans to release....

In a matter of hours, something bad with happen to Lex that causes him to release the virus upon the rest of the world...

Thus Clark's only option is to kill Lex before that happens, to destroy the vessel.

In other words, Lex is 'The Weapon' as well.
I hope that is not fully true. :(

AgentPat said:

Here's my wild and random speculation about the Lex/Zod thing.

I think that the intent behind giving Lex the SuperVirus was to make him "near-Kryptonian" in abilities. Super-human, so to speak. In some way this will allow Zod to be reborn into Lex's body (perhaps with his new abilities, Brainiac will be able to use Lex to release Zod, as opposed to needing the ever-unwilling Clark).. thereby making Lex the "vessel" in helping to release Zod, and to be the surrogate body for Zod.

The "sacrifice" Clark has to make is Lex. He must destroy the Vessel, to either destroy Zod, or maybe just prevent him from coming through.. this time. ;)

That's all I got. *shrug*

Serene said:
Here's my wild and random speculation about the Lex/Zod thing.

I think that the intent behind giving Lex the SuperVirus was to make him "near-Kryptonian" in abilities. Super-human, so to speak. In some way this will allow Zod to be reborn into Lex's body (perhaps with his new abilities, Brainiac will be able to use Lex to release Zod, as opposed to needing the ever-unwilling Clark).. thereby making Lex the "vessel" in helping to release Zod, and to be the surrogate body for Zod.

The "sacrifice" Clark has to make is Lex. He must destroy the Vessel, to either destroy Zod, or maybe just prevent him from coming through.. this time. ;)

That's all I got. *shrug*

Have some thoughts, but I need to sleep on it.

I'll just say if they want to release Zod from the PZ why do they need avessel. He's a living being, not a conscience that needs to be downloaded like Jor-el into that of human.

Making Lex superhuman is the key. Some sort of bargaining chip against Clark.

I dunno either. *shrug*

Im telling you....the vessel is tied to the virus. Theres obviously a reason why Fine would refuse to replicate the virus and only inject Lex..

Serene said:
Lionel is the Oracle for Jor-El.
Lex is the Vessel for Zod.

I think Jor-El wants Clark to use the special knife to kill Lex so that Zod can't be released by using Lex's body.

I think. :)

I don’t think Jor’El ever contacted Clark. I think Zod was posing as Jor’El the entire time, and faked Clark into releasing him.

I just remembered how Lex was posessed by braniac in a Justice League Unlimited.

So this Lod or Zex sitution seems very similar... hmm, just an interesting observation.

Tony_Montana said:
Thats not funny because I could see that happening and if it did happen may God have mercy on their souls.

Myxsptlk

Wesyeed said:
I just remembered how Lex was posessed by braniac in a Justice League Unlimited.

So this Lod or Zex sitution seems very similar... hmm, just an interesting observation.
Not really because one was very well written and done in a great way (JLU) the other was rushed and done poorly and could have been seen 10 miles away (SV). When JLU did it they had this plain start back in S:TAS season 2 about almost 5 to 6 years ago and made everything come full circle. SV should have been taking notes from that show as well as any super-hero show that comes after it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"